Tuesday 1 January 2013

2:7 Forever Now

_____2 weeks later_____


 
It was the day of the wedding and Jackson was a ball of nerves. They had spent the last 8 months planning this, and agreed to have it in the garden of his house, soon to be their marital home. He again checked his hair in the mirror, straightened his bow tie and for what must've been the 7th time, checked that his vows were in his jacket pocket.

He heard the doorbell go. It was time. He let everyone in and headed out to the garden to join Lisa. She had thought long and hard about her wedding charms. Something old was the shoes she had worn to prom, something new was the fairy wings, which weren't going anywhere, something borrowed was the dress, a rental from the bridal shop in town, and something blue was the ribbon tied in her hair. Since the witches spell she had become very supersticious and had been worrying about today even more than Jackson.
"Are you ready?" She nodded. She couldn't get any words to form right now. She had spent a lot of time trying to find out about the curse the witch had cast on her. Would it shorten her life? Could she have children? If so, would they be affected? A lot of questions were left unanswered, but Jackson helped calm her nerves at every possible opportunity, and had been there night and day when she needed him.

They moved to the hired wedding arch, and all the guests followed to the carefully arranged seating to get a good view of the ceremony.


"Jackson Kenneth Mattell, you have been my friend since the first year of high school. You have helped me with my homework, and any problems I have had in the years we've been together. You have always been a gentleman to me, and have never argued with me, even when I have been wrong and done stupid things. I love you with all my heart, and I give you this ring to prove I will do all I can to keep you happy until death do us part."


"Lisa Judy Bunch, you were the first person to talk to me at school when I moved here, and I never understood why because you're so popular and I was just a geek and the new kid. You have always taken the first steps in our relationship, you asked me to prom, you arranged our first date, and so I had to be the first to propose. I needed to let you know how much I love you, how much I can't live without you, and how much I don't want to live without you. I give you this ring to signify all I have is yours too, and I will do all I can to give you all you want and need until death do us part. Together forever now."

As the happy couple kissed, the small crowd was cooing and sniffing back tears.

Jackson soon went over to cut the cake. He hadn't eaten all day for nerves, and he was sure Lisa had gone longer.

"Mrs Mattell" Lisa said to herself as she washed a plate she found in the bathroom. She smiled at herself. "Lisa Mattell" It had a nice ring to it, she would go down to city hall and change it in the morning.



Jackson called her outside.
"Mrs Mattell, my beautiful fairy bride, would you join me to end the perfect day by watching the stars like old times?" She sat beside him and they held each other for about half an hour when Lisa started to shiver. "I wondered how long it would take" he whispered "I know the perfect way to warm you up..." He stood up and pulled her into the house towards the bedroom.






As I said last chapter, I'm better at doom and gloom than lovey-dovey, so sorry if the whole chapter felt kind of stiff.

Also, I had a bachelor party for Jackson, and it was going to be the best party ever and have its own chapter, but nobody showed up :'( It was just him and a party dancer that his 'friends' called apparently. It was really upsetting.

Wedding picture spam!! :)
  Happy Lisa enjoying cake.
 
Jackson avoiding his new wife and opting to eat inside with Mercedes and Morgana
The kiss from yet another angle.
The two guests that I could have killed for not sitting :@ I tried to avoid them in all the pictures, but that man managed to sneak into most.
Just another wedding guest being polite... 


Next ->

12 comments:

  1. I thought it was a lovely wedding and I like the way Lisa has become so superstitious since becoming a fairy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) I don't usually bother doing actual weddings in normal gameplay, I just have a private ceremony as soon as they get engaged. So it was fun to set up all the chairs and the arch :)

      Delete
  2. Their vows were adorable! And I agree, the added superstition is a wonderful touch considering her circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :)

      The whole superstition idea will come into play more as her life goes on. I've decided to turn this legacy into some crazy fantasy journey, so thankyou EA for forcing me into this ;)

      Delete
  3. Aw, such a nice sweet wedding. I'm also loving that being cursed made Lisa more superstitious.
    sorry about your bachelor party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :)

      I know, it was so sad. It never happened until the the night Mercedes friends 'stood her up'. That was a destination party, but I got a notification saying "Looks like nobody's coming to your party. How sad." I got the same thing for his bachelor party.

      The worst part was the damn party dancer just wouldn't leave!! She just carried on dancing and rubbing it in his face that nobody liked him for hours after he told her to leave :( It was definitly too sad to write into the story, and wouldn't have fit in very well, considering Mercedes was supposed to be a guest and they're really close.

      Delete
  4. Awww, the vows were so cute!
    ~Margaret Pendragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I really struggled because like I said, I`m no good at soppy goo

      Delete
  5. Nobody came to his bachelor party!!?? Poor Jackson. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVED your vows! Everyone tries to get all deep and throw in a lot of "thee, thy, thou" but Lisa and Jackson just said what was in their hearts. That's the way it's supposed to be =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wedding was so nice! A beautiful couple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why would someone leave a plate in the bathroom?! Eww! :p

    ReplyDelete