Sunday 13 January 2013

2:19 Nearly All Grown Up


Taylor awoke the next day in her own bed. Jackson must've taken her there in the night after she'd fallen asleep. Lisa was just getting Madison up.
"Morning birthday girl!" She smiled at her, and Taylor grinned back. As of today, she was officially a teenager.

The party wasn't until lunchtime, so Taylor decided to spend the morning as a child and play with toys with her sister. It was Madisons' birthday the day after, and so todays party was for the both of them, as it was a Sunday and they could have a party in the day and everyone would be in bed in time for work and school the next day. High school. Summer had told her it was fun, but she had loads of friends and all the boys loved her. Taylor wondered whether she would fit in as well as her friend, but soon decided that was tomorrows problem, when Lisa came in and told her off for not even being dressed (like she could talk...).

It wasn't long before the party was in full swing, so Taylor stepped up to the cake to blow out the candles, wondering what to wish for.

She suddenly felt very hot. She looked around at the guests, some of them were still cheering, some had frozen on the spot, looking panicked.

She soon realised the source of the heat; she was on fire! All the guests seemed pretty useless, but for Taylor time seemed to be going really slow. She phoned the fire station, and calmly walked to the shower to put herself out.

The guests just stood around screaming. Shouting at each other that there was a fire.

Eventually, Aunt Darlene and Mercedes grabbed fire extinguishers and put out the flames before the firefighters arrived. The firefighter arrived seconds later as Taylor was getting out of the shower, and congratulated the ladies on their bravery.

So Taylor tried again. She hoped nobody noticed the worried look on her face. And that nobody else knew the source of the fire. It hadn't been the candles, it had started on her and spread to the counter. Taylor was pretty sure she knew what, or rather, who, was responsible, but now wasn't the time for confrontations.

The rest of the party went smoothly. Most of the guests ate their cake outside, but Taylor couldn't be doing with more heat right now, so stayed in the relative cool of the house.

_____

"Taylor! Do us a favour and put Madi to bed, please!" Lisa called from the sink. She and Jackson had a lot of cleaning to do after the party. Lisas' siblings had all bought a friend or partner with them, and this house was fast becoming too small for these parties. The next may have to be somewhere else.

Taylor picked up her sister, she was getting pretty heavy, and started school in a few days. It seemed silly that she still needed putting to bed. But she loved her sister, and her parents, so did as she was told.

As Taylor lay Madison down for the night, she noticed something major was different about the room. She stood up and looked around.

Bunkbeds. That really was a major change, how had she not seen it when she came in? It was a joint present to the girls, as there was no way they could afford an extension or a bigger house, it was the next best thing.
"Oh wow!" Taylor gasped. "Thanks mum, thanks dad!" She called through to the kitchen. Now she wanted an early night.

Lisa sniffed and held back tears. Her babies were nearly all grown up. In a few days she'd be alone in the house all day, and have nothing to do.

_____

After school the next day, Taylor came home excited. High school hadn't been as scary as she'd thought, and she'd had a great day. She sat herself down on the floor in the kitchen and talked at Lisa about it while she did her homework and Lisa made lunch. Lisa smiled. Maybe it wasn't so bad having older children. They had opinions of their own, and their own little lives outside of the house. And so much gossip!

After a late lunch/early dinner, Madison had her birthday. She was excited about it. She started school tomorrow. Unlike her sister she wasn't worried about fitting in, she just wanted to learn, especially science! That would be the best subject, she was sure.




I didn't even know birthday-cake-fires existed!! :/ Such a commotion, I had 21 sims in the house at the time! It was ridiculous!! The party still turned out to be 'great' though, I wonder if it would have been 'epic' if it wasn't for the fire?


Next ->

12 comments:

  1. Ha! Your game loves to throw stuff at you. Fires and deaths don't seem to have an impact on the party score. Your birthday Sim could die in a fire and your guests would stlll think it was epic. Well, I guess that would be pretty epic...
    Anyway, congrats on getting through a party with 21 Sims, yipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it just? Haha. I sometimes wonder what would be happening in this generation if it wasn't for the game throwing stuff at me all the time...

      21 sims was awful. It is such a tiny house! So much route-failing! Luckily, Taylor didn't have any trouble on the way to the shower to put herself out. I only invited 10, but there were 7 extras, partners of guests and then a few crashers, plus the fireman stayed for cake.

      Delete
  2. Oh... Our games are conspiring. Check out tonights chapter (up in a bit) to see. Birthday fires are usually when I discover I forgot to purchase a fire alarm for my family. Doh! I'm glad that Taylor wasn't seriously injured though. And I love that you're playing it into the evil witch story line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahaa, I'll read in a minute :)

      I hadn't ever had a cake fire before, I didn't know you could! I usually discover I have no fire alarm when someone burns their first helping of mac and cheese, but Lisa already had cooking skill when she moved in, and she's the only one who's ever cooked because she's always home.

      Delete
  3. Phew, I've finally caught up with the Mattells! I love how much has happened, even only being in generation 2, and even having had a shortened generation 1. You really took all the random stuff that the game and the new expansions threw at you and made it work! I can't wait to see what's next, and what the heck Trisha's problem is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thankyou :) I don't know what would be happening if the game didn't constantly throw me storylines haha!

      You won't have to wait long, I have written the next 8 chapters, and have pictures for 4 more after that, so it looks like I'll be doing one a day for the forseeable future :)

      Delete
  4. Aw bless her heart. That's the second birthday fire i've seen in the last few days! It did look like the fire started in her wings, hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did, just chance I think, unless my game knows the story? hmm...

      Delete
  5. I love the way your game is conspiring to help your storyline! I can't wait to see what's going to happen next :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I barely remember the original storyline, my game changed it so much. I suppose that means I can possibly use it for a different generation, then thats one less story to think of ;)

      Sometimes, I go into my game, and I say to myself exactly that! Haha, I can't seem to plan anything.

      Delete
  6. great party! Loved the pyrotechnics.
    (Not positive I spelled that right.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never had a fire like that either, but it added to the story!
    I love how calm Taylor was.

    Both girls are growing up so fast. I'm sort of sad!

    I wonder if now that Taylor is older, she will tell her parents about Trisha.

    ReplyDelete