Thursday 24 January 2013

2:30 Ice, Ice Baby

It seemed cold in the house this morning as Taylor was getting her little brother up. Madison was such a heavy sleeper that she never woke up when Devon started crying, and as their parents were in the next room, it seemed to always fall to Taylor to get him up in the morning on weekends. Lisa was always up earlier in the week and would make sure she got him up before he started screaming.

Taylor put Devon on the floor and as she turned to the fridge to get a bottle, she noticed there was something wrong with the window. It was all... frosted. Like the glass around the shower. She decided she'd check it out, and ran to grab Devons' bottle first.

She stepped outside and was about to head down the steps and round to see the other side of the glass, when she was stopped in her tracks by the cold.

It had never been this cold in her life, and the grass looked frozen! This was very strange. She decided she'd talk to her father about it when he got up, and headed inside for breakfast.

There was no food in the fridge, only raw ingrediants, but she could hear her parents stirring, so decided to have a shower and eat whatever her mother made.

After her shower, her parents were already eating. Taylor took a seat and told her father what she'd seen earlier. He looked just as confused about the ground freezing as she was. Nobody had ever heard of living, breathing grass freezing in the night, even though it had always been cooler at night. Jackson agreed he would look into it if Taylor washed his plate. She rolled her eyes but agreed anyway. What's one more plate to wash anyway?

Madison came in not long later.
"Something smells ama-" She couldn't finish her sentance as she gagged. "Oh God..." She moaned, holding her stomach. She gagged again, threw her hand over her mouth and ran to the bathroom.

Taylor saw the whole thing, and slyly looked over to her parents direction. They were preoccupied with Devon, and she was sure they hadn't noticed Madisons' dramatic entrance. Taylors heart was racing. She had an idea what was up with her sister, but it couldn't be? Not her baby sister!

Meanwhile, Madison was in tears as she hovered over the toilet. She'd never felt so ill in her life! When she was finally done, she sat back on her heels. She'd managed to keep her hair out of the way, but her top hadn't fared so well. She sighed and headed to the bedroom to change.

She was surprised to find Taylor in there. She looked uneasy.
"Madi... I... We..." She scuffed at the carpet with her sandals. She wasn't sure how to approach this subject. What if she was wrong? What would her sister say about that?

Taylor finally looked up, and both girls avoided eye contact by looking at the few decorations on the dresser.
"I think we need to talk." Taylor finally mumbled.

"I really don't want to have this conversation, Tay."
"Madison." Taylor warned. Taylor never used Madisons full name. Not unless they were arguing, and they very rarely argued.

Madison sighed. Knowing she couldn't hide anything from her sister anyway, she leaned in and whispered in her ear.

Before Madison could pull back, Taylor grabbed her into a hug.
"Oh, Madi! My baby sister. I can't believe it. What are you going to do? When are you going to tell our parents? Does Geoff know?"

"Tay, shh!" Madison pulled back and pulled the door open a crack to check nobody was standing outside listening. "I don't know. I've not told G. I don't think I want to get rid of it, and I don't think G would let me after I told him. I don't dare tell Mum and Dad! Oh my God, Tay, they'll kill me! I'm so relieved you worked it out because now you can sit there and hold them back from hitting me!" Madison forced a nervous smile, even though she felt like crying.
"Madi, it's ok. They won't kill you..."
"And where would we even put it! There's no room in this house as it is and..."
"Madi! Shh! Listen! It's ok. It will all be ok. I'm here for you! Look, I graduate next week, and then I'm going to join the police force and move out. You can come too, and then we can still stick together. Just until you graduate and then you and Geoff can get your own place." Madison couldn't stop herself from crying.

"Oh my God, Taylor! You're the best sister in the whole world, and I'll find some way to make this up to you, I swear!" Taylor smiled and giggled to herself.
"Ok, Madi, it's fine, honest! I was going to be pretty lonely anyway. We have to get past mum and dad first anyway!" She felt Madisons shoulders slump. "It will be fine, promise. I'll be there the whole time. Ring Geoff. He should know first, and then he can be here if he wants." Madison nodded, and Taylor left her alone to ring her boyfriend, and finally change her shirt.



Oh God, ignore the pumpkins outside. They clearly don't have any traditions like that yet. I forgot to delete/move them before taking pictures :/
I am so proud of myself for the title. I've loled everytime I've seen it on the list haha



Next ->

7 comments:

  1. Ah, there's nothing wrong with the chapter. You're just imagining it. Mmmmm! Madison got heself in a spot of trouble, huh? I'm very much looking forward to Jackson and Lisa's reaction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahaaa who knows what's happened?
      I purposefully didn't say what was wrong, and had her whisper it, so there wouldn't be repeat conversations. And, I thought maybe it would add to the suspense... It clearly doesn't, everyone can work it out, but it was fun avoiding the words ;)

      Delete
  2. Madi! I'm looking forward to her telling Geoff, actually. He seems like the type who'd be happy about it.
    =D
    But Jackson and Lisa...yeah, that should be a fun scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geoff is such a sweetie! (only in my head, obviously. He is ridiculously annoying in game because he's a vendor at the festivals so never available!!)

      I'll post it soon. For some reason when I was writing it, I only wrote half and then put the rest of the pictures in for me to finish later, and then didn't finish it. So I now have to try and remember what I was thinking (some of the pictures seem completly random!) and possibly read over the next one to see where I was going at this point :|

      Delete
  3. Oh Madi! I can't wait till she tells Geoff! Although I can imagine Lisa freaking out much more than Jack...she'll be worried it's another fairy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you make it sound like Lisa has a fear of fairies! She still sees it as a curse, her children have never known any different, and so don't mind it and find it fun that they have special powers over their friends.

      *SPOILER*
      It is a fairy. If I don't have a human in generation 3, I'll be MCing the last born into a human and that one will be heir. I can't take it anymore!

      Delete
  4. I like that title too!

    It's so good that Madi has Taylor. I hope that Geof will be there for Madison. He does seem to really care about her though. I wonder how her parents will react.

    ReplyDelete