Sunday 20 January 2013

2:26 Reunions

The following weeks were awkward. Taylor felt she was to blame for her parents separation, and she and her mother barely talked. Lisa knew that Taylor had known about Trisha and Jackson, but couldn't work out why she hadn't said anything. Maybe she knew how she'd react and wanted to avoid all this.

The experiance bought Taylor and Madison closer than ever. At times they felt like it was them against the world, and they'd spend most of the day together. They had a few classes together at school, and would meet up at break and lunch and sit together on the bus. Madisons best friend and 'boyfriend' was still at elemetary for now, he'd soon be joining them, but Taylor would graduate soon as well.

They had been to see their father a couple of times, after he'd finished work some nights they'd go over to the McQueen household and spend a few hours. That was awkward too, none of them wanted to talk about it and it was difficult to judge when, if ever, Jackson would come home.

The girls were at school when Lisa went into labour. She was alone, fragile and scared. She had second thoughts, but called Jackson. They hadn't spoken since she'd told him to leave, just a few texts confirming the girls had arrived at either house safely. Jackson was at work, but answered his phone anyway. He'd tried calling but she'd never picked up, this was what he'd been waiting for.

They met at the hospital, and Lisa told him he was alright to come home with her. They didn't speak a word in the cab on the way home. Lisa was holding the baby, and cooing at him.

When they got home, Lisa handed Jackson his son. A baby boy. Jackson had wanted a son to start with, they'd wanted one boy and one girl. Of course, they were happy with the two girls they had, and hadn't meant to have any more children. Lisa remembered the names they had originally picked out.
"Baby Devon." She stated. Looking at Jackson for a reaction. He smiled at the name, and remembered how he'd had to convince her that it was a nice name. Was this her way of making up to him? He took Devon to the girls room, where Lisas brother had set the crib up days before.

He left the bedroom, and moved back to the living area.
"We need to talk." Lisa said quietly. Repeating the words Jackson had used weeks ago, when this all started. Jackson nodded and took a shakey breath. He wasn't sure which way this conversation would go.

"I was angry at you. I still am. But I'm lonely, Jack. I miss you. I want us to get through this, to get over it. I'm not saying I forgive you for keeping such a huge secret from me, and I'm not sure if I trust you one hundred percent. I will, in time. I can't be a single mother, Jack, I can't do it. I'm tired enough as it is, and now we have a son... He needs a father. He needs you." Jacksons heart pounded, and he couldn't hide the smile spreading across his face.

"I don't think I can ever tell you how sorry I am, Lisa. No matter how much I say it it won't be enough, and I've missed you too. I hated that you wouldn't answer the phone to me, and would just send blunt texts..."
"I couldn't speak to you because I was scared. I was scared that if I heard your voice I'd cave and ask you to come back." She smiled guiltily, "I wanted you to be really sorry, I wanted to torture you."

Jackson took her hands.
"I'd be happy to come back, Leese. I understand you wanting to torture me. I deserved it, and I can't wait to raise our son together, and watch our girls become women."

Lisa unexpectedly pulled him into a tight hug.
"Thankyou, Jack. You're always there for me, and I honestly didn't expect you to leave work and come to the hospital today. Not because I didn't think you'd want to see your child being born, but because I thought you were mad at me for being mad at you..."
"Shh, it's ok. I'm not going to go anywhere. I promise."

_____

Madison had taken an interest in local events recently. They'd been learning about the science facility disaster at school, and she'd recognised the date it all started as her birthday. It made her feel like she was in some way connected to it all, and constantly checked the newspaper and the TV news shows to find any information that she could. So far she hadn't learned a lot, except that people had noticed white smoke starting to form in the sky recently. The scientists were planning on sending a drone up for analysis in the next few days, to see if they could shed some light on what it was and where it came from, and if it was indeed linked to the 'accident'. The temperatures had started falling. Not dramatically, but the heat was becoming more bearable and people were able to leave their houses in the middle of the day without overheating.

She was more intellectual than Taylor. Taylor was very hands-on, and wanted to be a police officer when she graduated. Madison wasn't sure what she wanted to do yet, but she didn't think she'd want to work in an office or anything. She'd like to work from home, and raise children with Geoffrey when they were old enough. It would mean she could earn some money while looking after children. It seemed perfect to her, but she needed to think what she'd do.



So, Devon got a little over looked by Jackson and Lisa getting back together. But he is real, I swear! I'm not sure what I'll be doing with him yet. My heir may raise him, or I may leave him with Jackson and Lisa when the heir moves on to a more suitably sized house (I've rolled a family that can't possibly fit in this tiny 2 bed...)

The trait all three children have inherited is genius, from Jackson. So that's 'runs in the family' taken care of. I keep meaning to make a note of everyones traits, because I keep realising that nobody knows what they are, and I don't think I can write them into the story. I'll try and remember for next chapter, or maybe put a page up with everything and I'll update for each generation and do a summary like some of you do.

Pictures:
Lisa loves Devon...
Random family portrait without poses! It turned out pretty well for no poses I think...





Next ->

12 comments:

  1. ::sniffle:: I'm glad she took him back. Although I LOL'd when she said she'd wanted to torture him. Not many women are that honest :D I LOL'd at Madison's planning her life with Geoffrey too. And yes, that is a good family portrait :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, she kind of had to, because I rolled couple and Madison isn't halfway through the teen stage yet ;) She would have done anyway, of course. And the torturing thing, hehe we all do it to some extent, just won't admit to it.
      Madison and Geoffrey are cute. Geoffrey is really good looking for a townie, so I'm snapping him up for genetic purposes haha.

      Delete
  2. Yay for them getting back together! Now they just have to figure out what Trisha is up to and stop her...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! If only Lisa would have let the girls practice their magic. Maybe they'd be able to fight back better...

      Delete
  3. I'm.so.GLAD they are back together! Yays! Though now that they are back together they need to get the rest of the story from Taylor. Poor thing thinks this is all her fault. She's got a heavy enough burden as it is...
    And ITA. Madison planning things to a 'T' with Geoffrey is cute. I just hope it doesn't backfire. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taylor loves to blame herself for things, and then not tell anyone anything, doesn't she?
      And, Madisons plans backfiring...? We all know that decisions we make when we're children are always still relevant plans when we grow up. Why would it backfire... ;)

      Delete
  4. I'm glad Lisa and Jack are back together too.
    So, I'm looking forward to finally getting the story with the science facility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Lol. I'm in gen 3 in game and they're still only just working out what's happened. We, of course, can easily guess what I'm getting at waaay before they understand ;)

      Delete
  5. I'm with cali here, I really look forward to see what's up with the temperature and the science facility! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad Lisa asked him to come back home and she apologized! The girls will be so happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, wow. You commented on every chapter, so I'll just reply to this one (I need to get to bed, and any questions will be answered by the time you read this at the rate you're reading!!

      Glad you're enjoying it, and that you think it was well written at this stage! I've improved a lot since this, and you know when you go back a cringe at how you wrote things? Yep, thats me :p I know it's not awful, but I see opportunities to edit what I wrote, I just don't have the time for all that!! :p

      Thank you again! At this rate you'll be caught up by this time tomorrow! Wow!

      Delete
  7. Awww, I'm so happy that Lisa and Jackson are back together. LOL @ Lisa for wanting to torture her husband...

    ReplyDelete