Friday 18 January 2013

2:24 Conversations

Jackson was in the garden, trying to get some peace and quiet. Madison and her 'boyfriend' were very noisy, and that mixed with the heat was too much to bear.

Taylor had seen him exit the back door, and had decided now was as good a time as any. She slowly climbed down the few steps off the porch onto the cobblestone patio.
"Dad..." She immediately wished she hadn't said anything. Now she had to carry on, she couldn't just sneak back inside and ignore it all. Jackson turned to his eldest daughter.
"Hey, Taylor. Escaping the riot too?" He smiled and Taylor stepped closer.

Taylor took a deep breath.
"We need to talk." She said, simply. Jacksons face fell at the seriousness in her tone.
"Ok. What about?" Taylor chewed her lip for a moment. Trying to find the words.
"I know." She settled with. Hoping it would be enough. Jackson just looked really confused.
"You know what?"
"About Trisha. About your life before you moved here. I know all of it." Jacksons eyes grew wide in shock. Taylor felt anger beginning to build. If he didn't say something in the next few seconds, she was going to explode.

"How? How do you know about Twinbrook?" He looked worried now. Taylor wasn't sure if he was worried about how she knew, or if he had more to hide than she thought.
"Trisha told me. Or, showed me." She didn't feel like looking at his face to see his reaction.
"What do you mean, Taylor? When did you see her? Did she hurt you?" Taylor stayed silent, looking for an excuse, but she couldn't think of one. "Taylor talk to me!" His voice was sterner now.

Taylor couldn't help herself. She was so angry.
"No she didn't hurt me! I can look after myself you know!" Jackson stood back, shocked by her outburst. "I've met her several times. None of them on purpose, but..." She pondered whether he needed to know all the details, or just the facts.

"Long story short, she implanted her own memories of her relationship with you into my head, and I know all about how you promised her you'd be together forever and then just up and moved here. I know you used to love her, and I know you moved on to mum really quick after she broke up with you."
"What do you mean, 'long story short'? What aren't you telling me?" Jackson ignored what she was saying, and questioned the fact she'd clearly left a lot out. He gave her a look, showing her he was worried, and watched as she swallowed hard and tried to blink back tears.


The dam burst, and she hunched over with her sobs. Jackson didn't know what to do. He'd never seen his daughter so upset, and wasn't sure if it was because of him or something else.
"I met her when I was twelve," She began, wiping the tears from her eyes with her hands, and taking deep breaths to try and calm herself. "She didn't hurt me, she just scared me. She was outside one night when I..." She decided to skip the details about sneaking out of bed on a full moon. "And then my birthday? The fire? I'm not sure, but I think she did that. And then prom week, when I was really ill? That was her. She was controlling me on prom night and because it was a full moon I couldn't do anything for myself, and I think she wants to use me to hurt you." She paused to let it all soak in.

"Taylor, why didn't you tell me?"
"You're changing the subject." Taylor changed the subject herself, she didn't want to say any more. "We were talking about your past with Trisha. Mum doesn't know, does she? She doesn't know that the witch that turned her into a fairy was your high-school sweetheart. Don't you think she deserves that? Don't you think you should tell her?" Jackson sighed. He couldn't argue with her. She was right. He'd meant to tell Lisa years ago, but just hadn't had the heart.

"Well?" Taylor had lowered her voice. She'd been almost shouting earlier, and it seemed entirely possible that Lisa already knew at this point. It wouldn't be surprising if the whole neighbourhood knew. "Don't you think you should go in there and tell her right now?"
"Taylor, if it was that easy, I'd have told her as soon as I knew what Trisha had done. You know I love her, and I don't want to risk loosing her."

Taylor looked at her father. He really did love her mother. It was obvious that she loved him too.
"She loves you too. If she loves you, she'll forgive you. You know telling her is the right thing to do." Jackson nodded and agreed to tell her when she'd finished eating dinner.
"So, do you want to tell me more about your meetings with Trisha? Her controlling you? What do you think will happen next full moon?" Taylor looked like she was about to open up, when the back door suddenly slid open, and Madison and Geoffrey ran out.
"Another time, maybe." Taylor said quietly, before sitting down on the picnic bench and staring at her father, willing him to go inside and have the conversation as promised. He nodded, and walked towards the house. He looked worried. Taylor crossed her fingers. She hoped that he'd tell her everything, and that she would just let it be. She knew she'd be angry, but hoped that she wouldn't do anything drastic.


Random, but if anyone comments can you let me know if I have one of those stupid captcha thingies, and if I do, any idea how to get rid? Thanks! :)


Next -> 

18 comments:

  1. Eeek, so many updates to catch up with! The story has really developed in the last couple of weeks - it's incredibly gripping at the moment.

    I'm glad that Taylor has finally explained everything to Jackson. Trish really does seem unhinged, and I hope she doesn't bring too much harm to the family.

    Very curious to see how Lisa reacts to all of this. I think it's safe to say she isn't going to be happy, but I wonder if she's going to do anything? Hopefully she'll kick some Trisha-shaped butt, I'd like to see that!

    And yeah, I've just gone to publish this comment and you do have captcha, but I have no idea how you'd get rid of it, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thankyou :) I'm still way ahead so still doing daily updates.
      You won't have to wait long for Lisas reaction. It's the next chapter, so tomorrows post. Taylor still hasn't explained everything though, has she. Jackson doesn't really know about anything she'd had to do with Trisha, or how she got into a situation that made Trisha implant memories. But that's another story...

      Ah, thanks. I'll investigate. I hate captchas :( I got one the other day, and instead of a picture of some numbers, it was a picture of a plug socket. I was like "How do I do that?!" lol

      Delete
    2. I've just done some investigations on my blog and if you go to "settings" then "posts and comments" there should be an option for "show word verification". I think that's what turns off the captcha thing

      Delete
  2. I'm glad Taylor has talked to Jackson and he's going to talk to Lisa. I think Taylor was a little harsh on her dad though. Yes he should have talked to Lisa, but given how unhinged Trisha appears to be I wouldn't want to take her memories as being totally accurate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Taylor did explode a bit. But remember, she's terrified. She was controlled for an entire night by a witch, and I'm sure she feels some of the emotions that Trisha felt when Jackson left. So really, she may not be angry at all...

      Confusing, I know...

      Delete
  3. You have the captcha. To get rid of it is under your blog settings. Click on My Blogs. Click on Mattell Random Legacy. On the bottom of the column of options on the LEFT HAND side of the screen choose settings. Another menu will appear below. Choose posts and comments. Scroll down until you see "Show Word Verification?" change from yes to no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks. I'll do it tomorrow. I'm too tired and that seems like a lot of effort right now ;)

      Delete
    2. HAHAAAAA! Do you know how long it took me to get my head around this??? I was like 'where's 'my blogs'? I can't see it anywhere!' and then realised I was already ON that page. DOH!! I think I've done it now, so thankyou :)

      Delete
  4. And now for the real comment:
    GAA! I was looking forward to seeing Jackson tell Lisa TODAY! I'm going to leave fingernail marks on my face from the suspense! lol
    I'm Soo SooooSOOOO glad Taylor finally told Jackson at least a part of the story. And I sincerely hope that she soon realizes that she did the right thing and feels a little better about her world. Then maybe she can tell someone the rest of it... or maybe Jackson can go and kick some Trisha shaped a$$

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahaaaa sorry!! At least I update daily, so you won't have to wait long :D
      I didn't realise it was so suspenseful (word?), now I'm going to have to check the next chapter is up to scratch :/

      Who knows what will happen! Seriously, I've not decided yet, and I'm ages ahead!

      Delete
    2. It's probably just me convincing myself that we'd see it today. I convinced myself I'd see a lot of stuff today. It's most likely why I'm out of rum. teehee.

      Delete
    3. Haha! I hope you weren't too hungover when you woke up! I also hope you weren't drinking alone. I do that sometimes, and then can't stop crying when I realise how sad it is haha ;)

      Delete
  5. I'm glad Taylor finally opened up and told Jackson. Now he has to tell Lisa. And I hope they can find a way to get her out of Trisha's power.
    About the captcha thing, I removed that from my blogs for awhile, then I started getting spam comments so I put it back on again. Just as an FYI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've removed them (I think) but if I do start getting spam it will either go back on or I'll moderate them.
      Lisa's reaction coming up soon. Just got to finish typing up what I played yesterday, then proof the next chapter. So about half hour I think. :)

      Delete
  6. No captcha on my last comment on the previous chapter. I agree they're annoying. There isn't one on my blog is there? Most of my comments go to a moderation queue if they contain links. I'd recommend just turning on moderation if you start to have any spam issues.

    Anyhoo. I feel for Taylor, but she did the right thing in confronting her dad. Partially because that's not a burden she should keep to herself. I totally understood her anger at him not saying anything at first when she confronted him.

    I feel bad for Lisa too...I can only guess how she will react :-/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally she got that off her chest! Now only to see how Lisa takes it all...

    I love seeing Madison. Her relations and dreams of the future are cute although I wonder if she might not actually be serious. And if so, is her friend on that track too?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if in those memories Trisha gave Taylor, she also allowed Taylor to see that she is the one who wanted to break up. I still don't feel that Jackson did anything wrong by beginning to date Lisa. The only thing he did wrong is not telling Lisa about Trisha. The fact that he hid that from her, might hurt Lisa and make her upset with him.

    I hope that now Trisha will leave Taylor alone now, but she's so vindictive and twisted that she probably won't!

    ReplyDelete