Saturday 5 January 2013

2:11 Breaking Shackles

Lisa enjoyed teaching Taylor the basics. She hadn't thought she would, but it came naturally to her.

It did help that Taylor picked things up easily, she had little wings, and wasn't able to fly properly, but could use them to save herself if she tripped.

She enjoyed playing with her peg box, and quickly worked out which shape went in which hole.


 She loved having cuddles with mummy.

And was always excited to have daddy teach her new words and little things about life.


_____


Lisa woke up early one morning. Jackson was getting ready for work, and Taylor was still asleep. She decided to go out and tend to her garden.

She looked out over the back fence. Maywood Glen was just a few minutes walk, and she could see the trees and flowers in full bloom. She desperatly wanted to go to the small park, but hadn't left the house alone in 3 years, and wasn't sure she could do it.
"See you tonight, love you!" Jackson called from the sliding back doors.
"Love you too, have a good day."

She finished up in the garden and headed inside to get Taylor up. Her window was open and had been all night to let some breeze in. She could smell the flowers and the fresh cut grass of the park and started to think about going. Was she really going to do this? Go out without Jackson? Take her little daughter with her out into the dangerous world?

She found herself walking down the path to the glen, she looked back the way she'd come, she could still see her house over the hill, and that creepy ice-cream van was still outside. To the other side was her childhood home, still owned by her parents and full of family. She felt better knowing she was so close to home, and it would only take a second to run to her parents house if she needed to.

As she arrived she noticed another fairy. She had never met another sim like her, besides her daughter, and she was too young to talk about it. Maybe this man could help her. Maybe the same thing had happened to him and he could give her advice.

She set Taylor down on the soft grass and kept one eye on her as she went over to the fairy. She introduced herself and told him about the witch and how she'd become a fairy. It hurt to tell him, bringing back everything she had surpressed since that night, but he'd need all the details if he was going to help her.

"You're not a pure fairy? Ugh, get away from me you impure beast! Take your halfling daughter and get out of my sight!" Lisa was shocked. She didn't care that he insulted her, but she was fuming that he had spoken ill of her daughter. How could anyone be so cold?

As soon as she thought the word 'cold', sparkles surrounded the man and he started shivering, seemingly freezing. Had she just done that? She heard Taylor behind her, giggling. Had she just harmed a man infront of her daughter?

She grabbed Taylor off the patch of flowers she was playing with, and rushed home. Jackson was already home, the car was here. As she climbed the steps up to the door, she tried to think of how to tell Jackson what had happened.

She walked through the door, and Jackson rushed up to her.
"You went out?! Are you ok?" He seemed happy but slightly worried at the same time. Lisa set Taylor on the floor and turned to him.

He took her hands.
"Tell me all about it" Seeing that she was unharmed, he relaxed a bit and started to smile as she told him about her day.
"I took Taylor to Maywood Glen, it was beautiful." She started. She still wasn't sure what to make of what happened with the fairy.

"But something weird happened..." She paused as she watched his face fall, so quickly carried on, rushing her words out while she had the courage. "I met another fairy, he was rude and said something about Taylor being a halfling. He was acting like we were the scum of the earth, and I got really angry. All I did was think that he was cold-hearted for not wanting to help me, but then... I dunno... He started shivering like he was freezing to death, but it was just as warm as normal." Jackson looked confused, and Lisa sighed. "I guess what I'm trying to say is... I think I cast a spell. I don't know how, and I don't know if I could do it again, but I think it was me, Jack."

"I love you, Lisa, we'll figure this out. I'm really proud of you for leaving the house though. You've taken a big step today." He smiled at her and pulled her into a kiss.




Taylor is a spit of Lisa, which is why I gave her the same hair, because the colour of her hair is the only thing different. I was looking for a way to work this magic stuff in, and then Beau Andrews just happened to be at the park, and he was going to help her, but he really was rude, so she's going to have to figure this out on her own.


Next ->

14 comments:

  1. I feel sorry for Lisa, being treated so harshly for something that's not her fault and I hope she manages to get to grips with her new abilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok, a couple of days later Jackson was reading the paper and it said that Beau died. I didn't think he wan an elder, or that EA SP killed people off who weren't old, so it shocked me, but he won't be appearing again.

      She had these abilities since the start of the curse, but didn't know about them until now. She has no idea how to control them, and isn't sure she wants to.

      Delete
  2. Poor Lisa! Beau is a real jerk!
    I'm glad she has Jackson to support her, though he obviously knows nothing about being a fairy.
    Taylor is adorable. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taylor is adorable, and fairy toddler idles are sooo cute :)

      Jackson is pretty desparate, he wants to help, but has absolutely no idea what to do/say as he doesn't know any other fairies either.

      Delete
  3. Oh no! I had been hoping her fears were unfounded. But good for her for getting him back. Screw self-control! Freeze the jerks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, that was her first fairy prank and I'm glad it worked ;)

      I know, just as she feels secure enough to leave the house...

      Delete
  4. Aw :( Sucks that her first brave venture out in so long had to end like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, hopefully it didn't phase her too much!

      Delete
  5. Big dumb meanie head. 'pure blood' go eff yourself you hateful creature!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Taylor's wings! They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was so cool! He deserved to have that spell cast on him. Taylor is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Halfling daughter" hmpf! I would have done the same thing (if I had magic powers that is :p)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm catching up with your legacy, so expect the random comment from me every now and then ;).

    Taylor is so cute, especially with those wings! Halfling or not, she's still more fairy than Beau! At least Lisa managed to get over her fear and leave the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D

      Hehe, yeah, fairy toddlers are cutiepies. Beau was originally gunna be a nice guy who helped Lisa, but he was mean in-game so he changed :p

      Delete