Tuesday 5 February 2013

3:9 No Problem With Now

Time seemed to fly by since Geoffreys passing, soon it was Luis first day at school. It made Madison upset, this was the first day of many where he could have needed some fatherly advice. It would be harder once he hit puberty, but she hoped by then the pain would have faded and she would have the strength to support him.

The milestone in her sons life marked a change for Madison too. Today was the first day she'd be home alone. Almost, baby Shaena didn't really count, as she slept a lot.

Construction work had started on the small house. Madison had agreed to stay put, and as Luis and Shaena were growing quickly, the first line of business was to build an upstairs to give them their own space. They had started with the stairs, to minimise disruption to the downstairs. The stairs being put in first minimised the risk small children with ladders presented.

The day seemed to fly by once Madison realised how much housework there was to do. When Taylor and Luis arrived home, she sat down to help Luis with his homework while Taylor went to visit her favorite niece.
"So, how was school?"
"Boring." Madison smiled at her sons response.
"I used to think it was boring when I was your age. But I liked science lessons. What was your favorite lesson?"
"I liked P.E. best, but even that was boring because we only ran around the gym a few times."
"Well, that will get more interesting, they were only seeing what you can do. Do you want to sign up for any afterschool groups?" Luis shook his head and stared at his homework. Madison took this to mean he didn't want to talk about it today and left the subject to continue helping him.

_____

A week or so later, it was Shaenas birthday. Summer came round to help celebrate. Luis tried his hardest to be nice to his sister, but it was difficult when she was so boring. She'd just mastered crawling, and barely knew any words. She mainly just sat around and gurgled.

 "I can't believe you're pregnant!" Taylor exclaimed, gently stroking her best friends stomach. She felt the baby kick, and beamed with excitement.

"You have no idea how weird it feels. Knowing there's a person inside you. Inside you!" Summer shuddered, and Taylor giggled at how she got creeped out by it.
"I know exactly what you mean, Summer. You wait til childbirth." Madison chimed in, whilst stopping Shaena from chewing her sleeve.
"Oh, God. I don't even want to think about that just yet." She paused a moment and sighed. "I'd hoped that when I had children, I'd be married and they'd have the tight family unit I never had growing up. Like you two had when you were young." Taylor nodded. "I was always jealous of how you two lived with both your parents, yeah, my mum worked her head off raising me, and I'm so thankful for it, but I wish she was still around to help me with this one."

"I think you'll do an amazing job." Taylor pulled her into as tight a hug as she dared, being careful to avoid her stomach. "And you've always got us two to help out if you need us anyway."
"Thanks, guys." Summer said, pulling back and looking at the two girls who were almost her sisters. "You know, Tay, you'll have to find someone and have your own baby so you don't feel left out!"
"Nah, I'll be ok." Taylor lightly slapped Summers arm. "Not for a few years yet. I want to make it in my career before I settle down like that."

_____

Taylor went over to the library after work to use the computer. Now that Luis was at school, and Shaena was starting to walk and talk, she didn't worry as much about rushing home to help her sister. Madison still had spells where she seemed depressed, but with Shaena causing mischeif now she didn't have time to stop and think about what could've been.

Madison had almost mastered the art of multi-tasking by now. She was able to keep Shaena distracted as well as help Luis with his homework. She'd usually find time to make a salad or some sandwiches for dinner too, and constantly wished they had a stove so she could make some hot meals to warm them up on the cold nights.

While Taylor was submitting the report she'd just been working on, she felt a wave of nausea wash over her. She'd not been ill since the week after prom, so it was unexpected. She suddenly felt really tired, and decided to go home and get an early night.

She'd barely got into bed when she couldn't hold back anymore, and found herself hovering over the toilet. When she was done, she dragged herself back to bed, and fell asleep almost immediately, hoping to sleep this off.

"Mummy, I head auntie Taylor being sick just now." Luis had been setting his backpack up for school the next morning when his aunt had rushed through. Madison was putting Shaena to bed and was going to read them both a bedtime story.
"Oh dear, I'm sure she'll be ok." Madison replied, thinking nothing of it.

"But auntie Taylor is never sick, mummy." Luis pressed, as Madison rested Shaena in the crib.
"I'm sure she's just got a stomach bug, Luis. She'll feel better in a couple of days. Don't worry about it. Get in bed and I'll go get the story."

_____

"Are you feeling better today, auntie Taylor?" Luis asked the second his aunt had sat down to breakfast. He'd been worrying about her all night, and his mother had got annoyed by his tossing and turning and almost told him to sleep in one of the half built rooms upstairs.
"Yes, thankyou, Luis. I'm fine now."

Once Luis was at school, Taylor was at work, and Shaena was occupied by the xylophone, Madison remembered the gift Geoffrey had given her almost ten years ago. She smiled at how eager she'd been to open it back then.
"Well, I didn't ever peek, and I don't know when you wanted me to open it, G, but I see no problem with now." She said to his picture on the wall, as she sat on the bed and tugged at the red ribbon.






Shaena spam:
 She so pretty!! But her mouth is so tiny! Weird...

16 comments:

  1. WHAT?! You're going to make me WAIT to find out what the present is??!! AUGH! Is this karma?

    I don't think Shaena's mouth is tiny. Looks about right to me. That, or Fiona's mouth is just as tiny lol.

    Tay tay is um... sick? hmmm Wasn't even aware she had a boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muhahaaa! No, my game crashed while I was getting ready for the rest of the scene. I took it as a sign and wrote this up instead of going back in game, and then decided it was long enough.

      I'm hoping it's just me, because if I ignore her mouth I'm happy at how she turned out! Maybe her mouth will grow when she does?

      Yeah, Taylor is.. ill... I wasn't aware she had a boyfriend either... Neither was she...
      (Hmm, what could that possibly mean?)

      The next chapter is called 'the reveal', so you can guess what's to come ;)

      Delete
  2. I swear, if that witch was responsible somehow, I may have to climb into your game and beat her for having not learned to leave Taylor alone. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Gulp* God help Trisha if she did have anything to do with this!
      But even if she did, Taylor is a big girl now, and now that Madison knows about her, they can fight her together. SISTERS UNITE! lol :)

      Delete
  3. GAH!!!! No! No! NO! I'm the one who leaves the awful cliff hangers! Not you, too! Daggone it! When did Taylor get a remantic partner? one night stand? secret crush? Evil Witch? What is in that BOX??? Is it a Girlfriend? Is it a potion? Is it a clone? Is it an Alien??? I'm never going to get any sleep tonight. Shoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muhahaaa!
      Uh, yeah... Geoff bought the love of his life a girlfriend in a box... (??)
      I'm honestly really worried about next chapter, the present really isn't that exciting, and I'm wondering if I should go back and change what it is so that it's something worthy of all this hype!

      Taylor, well, as I said, next chapter is called 'the reveal' so we'll learn some (not all) of it then.
      I hope you got some sleep! 0_o

      Delete
  4. Shaena is a cutie! And Taylor is sick...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea she is :) I usually think my sims are ugly until they turn teen/YA, I think the toddler and child faces usually look a bit fat and make them look awful.
      Yea, Taylor is sick the only way female sims ever seem to be sick. A lot of mystery to be revealed, after the baby is born, of course ;)

      Delete
  5. I was wondering when that gift would come back...way to leave us all hanging, lol.

    Taylor seems to be in an interesting situation...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, sorry!
      Yeah, Taylors just a very unlucky girl isn't she? (lol)

      Delete
  6. Ugh you're making us wait! o.O Btw, I am loving your legacy so far. (And the next chapter of my story should be out some time tomorrow. Finally :P)

    Also, are you publishing your chapters every other day now? If you are, I'm mad at you. I liked reading this every day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! But thankyou :D I've just read your story.
      I'm publishing whenever I publish them. I should have the next one out today, but as I've caught up to where I've played, I can't do them everyday because I've also made them longer. I'm making sure I have one chapter written up before I post the one before, because I like to know exactly where I'm going before posting. For all I know something might happen that I should have mentioned in the previous chapter or something, so we'll see how it goes.

      Delete
  7. oh c'mon! I wanna know what's in the pressie!

    Taylor...pregnant? Have we even seen her around a man?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chill! I'm just about to proof it then it'll be up! 10 mins tops.
      No, we haven't. Hmm.... ;)
      And the one after I'm about to write, I have 20 pictures that I want in it! :| It's gunna be a long one!

      Delete
  8. Is Tay pregnant? :o How can she be? AND WHAT'S IN THE PRESENT?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shaena and Luis are just two of the cutest little simmies! Maddie seems to be handling being a single parent very well. She's taking good care of both of her children. I think it's good that she decided to stay with Taylor.

    I'm glad I was wrong about Summer, but I still wonder who the father is.

    It seems like Trisha is up to her tricks again with Taylor!

    What's in that box!

    ReplyDelete