Sunday 3 February 2013

3:8 Goodbye pt. II

Madison woke early morning. She hadn't thought she'd get any sleep, but must've been more tired than she'd thought. As she stretched, she noticed the pictures on her wall and was instantly reminded of everything that had happened the day before. She turned on her bed, and noticed the empty space on the other side. He had to get better, she couldn't wake up like this every morning. They were moving house tomorrow.

She got dressed and decided to skip breakfast. Taylor wasn't up yet, but she'd get Luis sorted before she went to work. Madison just needed to get to Geoffreys bedside.

It was probably the act of rushing that did it. Her waters broke before she'd left the house, and a strong contraction stopped her in her tracks. She held back a scream, and headed out the door before Taylor woke up. She'd be at the hospital anyway, but if Taylor knew she would stop her from seeing Geoffrey for what could be the last time. She had to see him.

_____

When she got home, nobody else was in. Taylor was at work, and she must've dropped Luis at his grandparents. She lay her new daughter in the crib and couldn't hold back the tears anymore. He was gone. She was alone. She had two children without a father. A son who would barely remember him for the great man he was, and a daughter who would never meet him. She felt useless, there was nothing she could do for him at that hospital. She'd sat by his bedside as much as she could, but it hadn't made any difference. He wasn't ever coming home. They were never going to live together. They were never going to get married.

Taylor came home as soon as she heard. One of her co-workers had been at the hospital and knew Taylors connection. She found her sister on Geoffreys side of the bed, gently rocking herself and crying. She noticed the new baby in the crib, and was relieved as she'd expected a baby as premature as she was to have to stay in the hospital. There was no way Madison could have handled that right now. She wondered if there was anything she could say, but instead decided to just sit on the bed and be there if she was needed.

She pulled her sister into a hug, wordlessly letting her know she was home, and wasn't going anywhere. She was going to support her through this. They sat on the bed in silence for at least half an hour, Taylor holding back her own tears so she could appear stronger to her heartbroken sister.
"He's gone, Tay..." Madison eventually whispered. She knew Taylor already knew, but she couldn't bear the silence anymore.

"I know, Madi. I'm here. I'll get you anything you want."
"I just want him back." Madison started sobbing again, and Taylor pulled her closer. They both knew there was nothing Taylor could do to get him back, as far as they knew, nobody could be bought back from the dead. When Madisons' sobbing subsided again, Taylor decided to try and take her mind off it a little.
"What's her name?" She asked, hoping to bring Madison round to the happier event of the day.
"Geoffrey wanted to call her Shaena if we had a girl." Madison sniffed, remembering she had two young children she had to be strong for. "You can hold her if you want."

Taylor kissed her sister on the forehead, and went to the crib. She held her new niece in her arms, and noticed how much she looked like her father. She hoped it wouldn't be too painful for Madison, having a mini-Geoffrey wandering around for the rest of her life.

_____

It was close to a week later. Moving day had long gone, and Madison hadn't been able to bear even thinking about the house she and her late fiance had picked out. Her little family was still living at Taylors for now. Taylor had said she didn't mind if they stayed forever, and wasn't sure if Madison would want to leave to raise her children alone anyway.

Luis started school soon, and had been sharing his mothers bed as there wasn't enough room in his aunts house. Taylor insisted that if they were staying, she'd have the house extended to suitibly house them all, but Madison han't made her mind up yet.

Luis was still new to the idea of being a big brother, he couldn't get his head around the babbling ball of baby that was his sister. She didn't seem to do anything except cry a lot, and occasionally smell. He wondered if he was like that when he was first born.

Taylor and Summer were messing around with the snow that had built up over the past few years. At first, people had struggled to get to and from work, as the snow on the roads was dangerous until the scientists had figured out that by sprinkling a mix of rock salt and grit on them, the snow melted enough for traffic to flow freely. The girls were building a snow-sim, and were deciding what to decorate him with. They hoped that a funny man made from snow would help cheer Madison up.

By the time Luis made it outside, they'd settled on a hockey player. Luis had no idea where the sports equipment had come from, neither girl played hockey.
"Oh, hey, Luis. How are you?" Summer asked the boy as he reached the bottom of the steps.
"I'm ok, thankyou." He answered with a smile. He wasn't lying. Although his father hadn't been dead long, he had few memories of him. The thing that hurt the most was seeing his mother like she was.

"So, I'm having a feast party today, in honour of my mothers passing. I was hoping you'd come, and bring Madi, Luis and Shaena if you can."
"Of course we'll be there. You came to Geoffs funeral, and we'll come to your mothers. She was like an aunt to us anyway."
"Ok, there's one small catch, though..." Summer grinned at her friend, Taylors face dropped, wondering what she had planned now.
"What?"
"You have to wear swimwear." Summer burst out laughing now.
"Summer! It's freezing out!"
"Yeah, exactly! I thought it was the perfect way to remember mums crazy side! Anyway, I've got to go set up, I'll see you around one?" Taylor nodded and said goodbye to her friend.

Taylor was surprised about how little it took to talk Madison into coming to the party. She assumed it must only be because it was for Mercedes that she was coming. The family took their swimwear to change into when they arrived, it was much too cold to wear it for the journey there, even though Taylors boss gave them a lift in a squad car.

Luis wasn't sure where to look. The party mainly consisted of young women in bikinis, and he felt like he was being rude looking at anyone. He stuck to trying to avoid eye contact and focussed on not staring.

Taylor was pretty shocked to see another fairy there. Especially one she recognised.
"Summer, who's that fairy?" Taylor was looking at her, and she was looking back.
"That's Jamie Jolina. Why?"
"Do you remember that time I snuck into that party when we were in high school?" Summer nodded, "She was there, playing guitar. I think she recognises me, she's looking at me."
"I dunno, Taylor." Summer shrugged. "Look, I'll be back in a moment, I don't feel so good..." Taylor looked shocked as her friend ran off to the bathroom.

Taylor moved to the outside of the door, and could hear her friend inside.
"Summer, are you ok?"
"I'll be fine, Taylor... I'm... I'll be fine." Taylor was pretty sure she knew what Summer had wanted to say, but they both knew a party wasn't the place to discuss these matters.

_____

Madison left the party early, leaving Luis and Shaena under Taylors care. She just needed to be near Geoffrey.

She crouched in the snow by his grave, which was already getting covered in snow.
"I don't know what to do, G. Do I move to the house, our house, and raise the kids alone? Or do I take Taylor up on her offer and stay with her. She can help me, and right now, that's what I need. But we picked out that house because it was the perfect house." She started crying again. "I wish you were still here. Everything would be fine if you were here. Now nothing can be perfect now, and I'm not strong enough to do this without you." She sat in the snow for an unknown amount of time until she started to get too cold. "I'm sorry, G. I didn't say I loved you enough, I didn't sit by your bed all night when I could've done. I'm sorry you had to work so hard to support me. I'm sorry I got myself knocked up so young, and we never got to do anything like go to prom and go out to dinner. I'm sorry we never made it to marriage. I'll always love you." She finally got up and started the long walk home, hoping to clear her head and stop crying before she got home.



Shaena is a name I competely invented from a typo. She was supposed to be called Shauna, but I liked the sound of it. It is pronounced 'Shay-na', and the closest definition I can find is for the unisex name Shae, which is Gaelic and means full of majesty. Shauna means gracious, and while on the subject, Luis is pronounced 'Loo-ees' and means famed warrior.

Luis spam! I couldn't fit this picture in, but he looks so cheeky I couldn't not share it.
 He is seriously adorable. I'd like to thank Geoffrey for his genes, and can't wait to see how Shaena turns out. RIP Geoffrey Lansing, I'll miss you, and I'm sorry for killing you :'(




Next ->

20 comments:

  1. /me just cries and cries.
    I'll get over it someday, but I'm just so sad now for Madi and the kids. And poor Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm sorry.
      He'll live on through us. And his children, who are adorable, by the way.

      Delete
  2. At least Luis is coping fairly well. But I'm worried for Madison grieving so much. Hopefully she'll be able to pull herself through soon. At least they all have Taylor there to help them through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luis is still young. At that age then children are content with just their mother, but as boys get towards puberty they need some male influence to give them advice. I don't think he'll cope as well when he's older, is what I'm saying...
      Taylor is their rock right now, but she has her own problems coming up...

      Delete
  3. I think I'll go curl up in a ball now and just take in what you have done. :(
    Those poor babies, and Madi. RIP Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry!
      But to be fair to me, it was either kill him, or have him and Madi have some awful break-up that wouldn't fit their characters.
      Blame the rolls...

      Delete
  4. O.M.G. ::glares at Gemly::

    I actually had to stop reading that for a few minutes, it almost made me cry :(

    sidenote though, I did smile at "snow sim" and the swimwear funeral in the middle of winter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry :(

      Phew, at least someone isn't 100% depressed. The swimwear party was Summer, who I have no control over. It just happened to be that I noticed Mercedes had died around the same time, so it became a funeral.

      Delete
  5. I. Am. Mad. At. You. Now. :'( I hate crying!!! I'm mad I'm caught up. There had better be some happy sunshine-and-roses kind of stuff SOON or I will come to the UK and find you and ... okay well you know I'm only joking.

    You killed him! You freakin killed him! They were finally going to start their life together and he had to flipping die on the day his daughter was born! Now every birthday, Madi will be reminded. Poor Shauna. Love that name by the way. Not the first time I've seen it spelled that way either.

    I was all re-living Greg's death and stuff and that was sad. Then that graveyard scene. gah! :(((((( </3

    I worry about Lisa and Jackson's approaching (and expected, not like G's) and inevitable death. She's a bit of a nutcase, and I don't think she'll handle it well.

    I still can't believe you killed him. Well, I know stuff like this happens. :( But I'm still sad. Not really mad at you btw. Just sad.

    Luis is a cutie. I too can't wait to see how Shauna will turn out. Sometimes I just want to age them up right NOW because the wait just kills me, but I wait anyway. They're easier when they're blanket-bound. :)

    Soooo.... Madi finds Geoffrey's ghost and feeds him ambrosia, right? hm? yes? Tomorrow? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( Sorry, please don't hurt me!! (just realised I said I'd link you when I used your poses, sorry!) It gets happier from here. Ish. Wouldn't be a very good story if it was happy all the time, would it? ;)

      Blame the rolls. If I hadn't rolled single with help, it would all be different! I'm sorry it reminded you of Greg, and the graveyard scene annoyed me, because you can't see his grave under the snow. So, I'm afraid she'll have to go back in a different season.

      Jackson can't be far off, but I've not had the notification pop up telling me he's not got long left. Lisa is still a YA as far as I know. Fairies live about the same amount of time as vampires, so she'll see a few more generations yet. But yes, Lisa is a nutcase. I was originally wondering whether I might move Madi out after Geoff died, and have Lisa move in claiming she'd gone insane after Jackson died and she needed caring for. But then I'd either have to find a reason why Madi would leave her kids behind, or have to re-do those two kids again with Taylor.

      They're both adorable. Shaena is revealed next chapter, and I was amazed by how pretty she was as a toddler. Luis is nearly a teen in game now, and then we'll see what he really looks like (in my opinion, some sims have plastic surgery when they go from child-teen). I sometimes peek in CAS when they're born to see what they'll look like as YA, but I've been really good this whole story :)

      I'm sorry. Madi got the 'oh my ghost' opportunity last time I was playing, and it hurt to press the little cross instead of the tick. I sat there staring at it, considering how I could get him back from the dead and have him not live in the house.

      Delete
    2. I ASSUMED it was from those crazy rolls that rule the world was the reason you had to kill him. I guess it's better than him being a dead-beat dad.

      *sniff* no, I guess it can't be happy all the time.

      Still, if it were me, I'd have been so tempted to accept the opportunity. :)

      Delete
    3. That was my reasoning. What could possibly happen to make him go from this sweet loving father, to someone who just doesn't care and abandons her with two kids? It didn't fit because I fell in love with him too, and so made him this amazing person. And I was very tempted to accept the opportunity, but there was no way I could write that in... "Oh, hey Geoff! Back from the dead? What's that? You don't think we should live together anymore...?" Hmm... No.

      Delete
  6. I'm a little mad at you right now. I mean, I do this all the time and I kinda figured Madison was going to end up single but... but...

    Dammit. : ( I LIKED Geoff.

    And that last pic of Madi at the graveyard just broke my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. I'm glad someone guessed! I thought my constant going on about how much they loved each other would hint to someone that it wasn't going to end happily!

      It seems everyone liked Geoff, I never intended for everyone to fall in love with him, he's just a random NPC that I borrowed for a storyline, and then returned him on a one-way ticket to the invisible house of homeless townies...

      Delete
  7. Poor Madi. At least she has Taylor to help support her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :(
      I'm actually kinda happy I rolled single with help, I was having a hard time deciding who would be heir, and then when I didn't have to, I was relieved :)

      Delete
  8. Now I feel bad for ever doubting Geoff. I'm sorry!

    It's sad to see him gone and I hope Madi can find strength in her children.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sad! Poor Maddie went from being a teenage mother to a single parent. Just when I thought that things were going well for her. She is trying to be strong for her children and I think that says a lot about what a mature young woman she has become.

    So Summer is pregnant! I wonder who the father could be. I hope it's not who I have a feeling it might be!

    ReplyDelete