Monday 11 February 2013

3:12 A Real Happy Birthday


Even with Madison still off work, 4 young children in diapers, and Taylor still on maternity pay, the girls were finally able to afford a stove. The fitters came around 10am, but with everyone still taking shifts with the triplets, nobody had a normal sleeping pattern. And so Madison used the stove for the first time, making dinner in her pyjamas. Just a simple mac and cheese, but it was so good to have a cooked meal for once!

Taylor was getting used to the lack of sleep, and was finding it easier to function on just a couple of hours a night, and so Madison was finally able to spend some quality time with her own children. Luis was still at school, and so she sat down to help Shaena learn about shapes. Shaena hadn't really seemed that bothered that her mother was always busy with her cousins, and Madison realised it was because she was getting older. She'd be starting school in a few weeks. Madison hated to think that her youngest child was no longer a baby. She'd enjoyed these years looking after little ones, and hoped Taylor would go back to work soon so she could have the triplets to herself.

It was later that same day, when Taylor decided to talk to her sister about just that.
"Madi, I've been meaning to talk to you." She knew her sister wouldn't mind, Madison was a natural at childcare, and loved her neices and nephew. "I've been offered a place on a forensics course, work will pay for it, and I'll be in the job I've always wanted when I'm done..."
"Tay, of course I'll stay home and look after the triplets!" Madison knew exactly what her sister was getting at, and didn't need her to finish her sentance.

"Thankyou, but even so, I've got you a present as a thankyou." Madison was shocked by this. She didn't need a reward for doing something she loved, and surely Taylor knew that!
"Taylor, you shouldn't have!"
"Wait, you don't even know what it is yet! Come upstairs, I'll show you."
Madison followed her sister up the stairs, and was surprised when Taylor took her to the empty room next to the nursary. There were 3 bedrooms up here, Luis was in one, and the triplets in another. This room wasn't being used yet, but was going to be Shaena's when she grew out of the crib. They hadn't even finished decorating up here, and there was a 4th room that was intended to be a joint bathroom for Luis and Shaena when they finally got the suite fitted.

Madison couldn't believe her eyes. Her legs gave way, and she was thankful for her wings as they stopped her from falling (I, on the other hand, am not. Damn wings blocking the view...).
"Oh, Taylor..." She breathed, she could feel Taylor beaming behind her, and didn't know what else to say.

"Oh, it's beautiful! An alchemy station? Really? How...?"
"Madi, I know you. I knew you'd love something like this, and when I was at the store buying the stove, I saw a cute little magic shop. I originally thought it was a magician type shop, and was going to get Luis something, but when I realised it was real magic and saw this..."
Madison ran her fingers over the old book infront of her, she carefully pulled open the heavy cover, and saw the old script and aged pages. Written hundreds of years ago in Moonlight Falls by a powerful warlock.

She turned to her sister and, tears in her eyes, threw her arms around her.
"Oh, thank you SO much, Taylor! I promise I'll get really good at it and sell anything I make so I can try and pay you back for everything you've done for me!"
"Madi, seriously, there's no need! I love having you, Luis and Shaena around here, and you've helped so much with the triplets. I honestly have no idea what I'd've done if you weren't here! I think I'd be a mess, curled in a ball in the nursary, having not slept for a year..."

_____

 Time flew by, and soon it was a big day. Today the triplets became toddlers, and Shaena became a child. Taylor was excited about the prospect of not having so many babies, but also a little terrified that the triplets would soon be walking and causing all kinds of trouble.

Madison was getting really into her alchemy. She'd applied for a grant at city hall, and so was getting a small amount of money just for improving her elixirs. She decided it would be best if she went to the magic shop and asked them to stock her potions regularly though, and with a few hours left until the party began, she decided now was a good time to go down and give them a taster of what she could do. She bottled up a small amount of the liquid she'd just made, and headed out to the edge of town.

As she was leaving, Luis came in from school. He sat down to rush through his homework. It was prom tonight, and he was going with his uncle Devon. It seemed odd at first to be in the same classes as his uncle, but he was used to it now. Both boys were excused from the party tonight as neither Lisa or Madison wanted their sons to miss the experiance of prom, even though Madison herself hadn't been able to attend hers as Luis was too young at the time.

When Madison entered the little shop, she was awestruck. There were so many old books and potions in here, she was in heaven. She soon pulled herself together when she noticed the girl running the shop peeping over the cash register at her.

She quickly explained she was here to negotiate a contract with them, and the girl behind the counter smiled and nodded all through her story.
"We'll have to take a sample of your work, and see how well it sells first. After that, all going well, we'll get in touch and let you know what we need, how much of it, and when. We can provide some ingrediants, but we'll have to sell you them. You'll earn the money back, of course, when your elixirs sell."
"Of course, that's fine." She handed the cashier the vial she'd bought with her, and filled her details in on a form the girl gave her before heading home to the party.

_____

Taylor didn't know what to make of an alien just casually strolling in like she owned the place, but didn't have the heart to make a scene. Instead she settled down to some dinner while the guests entertained themselves.

That is, until she saw a familiar figure that made her choke on her meal.

"Hello, Taylor." She hadn't heard that voice in so long, but she would recognise this witch anywhere. She'd aged a lot since their last encounter, and Taylor was almost pleased that she wouldn't have long left.

Madison was just arriving home at this point. She couldn't see what was going on, but the look on her mothers face filled her with dread. What was happening? She had to get inside to make sure all the babies were ok.

Inside, Taylor was ready to explode she was so angry.
"What are you doing here?" She screamed at the old woman. "Why can't you just leave me alone?! Why do you have to constantly show up and ruin everything?"
"Taylor, leave it..." Summer started.
"Butt out, Summer. I'll explain later. If you knew you'd be smashing her face against the wall." Summer turned around. She'd never seen Taylor like this, and she'd known her all her life. She made sure to stay close incase she needed any help. "Well?! Are you going to explain yourself? You're not welcome here, you never will be, either, especially when my mother is here. She's had enough of you too, just keep out of our lives."

"I came here to see my children." Trisha spat.
"Your chi-" Taylors heart stopped at the realisation of what she meant. She couldn't move, couldn't speak, she could barely breathe. It was as if everything she'd ever known had come crashing down around her, and all she could see was red. She finally managed to catch her breath, and realised the witch was just standing there, smiling. Apparently proud of what she'd done. "You will never see my children. I have raised them, I'm the one they call mummy, I'm the one they love. Get out of my house, I never want to see you again."

"They're as much mine as they are yours, Taylor. I have every right-"
"You have no right to do anything. You surrendered all rights to anything the day you cursed my mother. I never want to see you again. If you don't get out of my house right. Now. You won't leave here walking."

Trisha paused for a moment, considering if Taylor really meant what she said. Fairies weren't violent by nature, but maybe she'd pushed too far. She remembered the last time, the years it had taken off her life. She'd never let this puny fairy know she'd done her any lasting harm, but she knew now that she wasn't messing around, and there was every chance that she really would snap and do something. She gave one last glare to the mother of her children, barged past her and stormed out the door into the night.





It was so sweet, Lisa and Jackson stayed outside all night, and they kept hugging. I think the game has got the idea of what is supposed to happen, and knew that Lisa was terrified of Trisha, and so had Jackson outside with her :')
Ok, I couldn't fit in pictures of them with all the drama, so here are the kids after aging.

14 comments:

  1. Run away Trisha! Run far! Or I bet either Jackson or Taylor will be after you soon!
    Aw! Shaena is really pretty! And of course the triplets are too! I bet Madison was happy to finally have the means of making an income. And a Stove! Hurray for finally being able to afford a stove! Hopefully the money problems will ease up soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, everyone left the party saying it was awful (even though 4 sims aged up?!) before I could finish the Taylor/Trisha scene, so now I have to make them 'run into' each other again... I was going to do that before I posted this, and then thought I'd leave it at a cliffhanger at the 'Hello, Taylor...' part. And then decided that was a little too cruel as I'm not posting everyday anymore...
      I wish Shaena could be my heir now, she's gorgeous. But I suppose the triplets still have 'toddler small mouth syndrome' and may be pretty when they grow up too. (Please God let them age to children soon!) I've wanted Madi to start earning since before Shaena was born, but they were just too poor to afford that and food. I managed to afford the stove and alchemy station because Taylor got a promotion the last day she went to work before maternity leave. I would've bought them straight away but I decided with Luis' birthday and a baby on the way I should wait a bit. Imagine if I hadn't? I wouldn't have been able to afford 3 cribs!
      Someone mentioned on the forum that te alchemy career is a very easy earner, so should be plain sailing from here on out :) she sold her first ever potion for 16 simoleons, and it was free to make as I just took some food out the fridge that they'll never use :p

      Delete
  2. I love the idea that Taylor's previous attack on Trisha took years off her life, hopefully she'll die soon and get out of the whole family's hair... (Although I still haven't worked out what she wanted to achieve with her interference)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, because she was old and grey, I thought I'd throw that in :p
      Don't worry, I wasn't sure where I was going. I tend to just do things, and then realise it all makes no sense, and have to spend ages working out why someone would have done what they did. That's partly why I hadn't put this chapter up until tonight. Don't worry, I've worked it all out now, and all will be revealed :)

      Delete
  3. Alchemy is a hug earner for Shadow. My last game session, he got 30k for one day's sales. But he's a witch, I think they have an advantage of some kind with alchemy. And it does take awhile to learn the high priced potions.

    Anyway, Taylor and Madi are such sweet sisters, I love how they support each other. The kids are all growing up so cute. And I know what you mean, not fast enough, lol.
    I love how Trisha waltzes into a party demanding to see 'her' children, like she has no idea how unacceptable that would be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :O
      I... Um... 30k?!

      I think witches do have an advantage, but if Shadow is making 30k in one day, then I think Madi will still be earning more than enough. But I can't be bothered with growing things, so I think I might just buy the ingrediants like a lazy head.

      Thank you :) They are sweet, they autonomously do things like 'ask if sims slept well' and 'friendly hug', and constantly roll wants to give gifts to each other. I suppose because they're both single mothers, my mind wanted them to still have that same support system, and so made them as close as I could. I'm really happy how the kids turned out! The triplets especially. I've peeked at them as YA. Jake is... well, he would look fine if he had a nose job, I've never seen a nose so big and it's a huge mystery as nobody in the bloodline has a big nose... The girls are gorgeous, though!

      Haha! I love the thought that she maybe didn't understand it was unacceptable! That didn't cross my mind, I was just doing it for the drama. :p

      Delete
    2. Yeah, Shadow got 30k for 5 potions. I was pretty floored. The 'suave seller' reward thing helps you get more money for stuff you sell on consignment, too.

      I love big noses, so I can't wait to see Jake grown up, I'll probably adore him. <3
      But I've seen that happen sometimes where a nose that looks normally enough on a girl becomes enormous when she passes it down to her sons.

      Delete
    3. She may get the 'suave seller' then. I don't usually bother with the rewards, I tend to forget all about them but they can be really useful!

      You probably will love him then :p It is seriously the biggest nose I have ever seen in my life. Taylor and Trisha both have small - average sized noses so it was such a shock that his nose is all I see! He has a pretty nice nose and mouth though.

      Delete
  4. I can't stand that Trisha is really to blame for the triplets!

    I'm really glad that Madison is going to start earning some money. They really need it! I'm only just recently starting to explore the world of alchemy myself in game.

    I'm glad Taylor chewed that old hag out. I kinda wished she'd really gotten the chance to beat the crap out of her. /sigh.

    The kids aged beautifully! Jealous I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm sorry! I promise the triplets won't have the same problems with her as Taylor did. They will be raised by Taylor, Madison and their cousins and

      They do need it! I hate the 'unfinished' moodlet, and I've got downstairs fully decorated, and the nursary is nearly done, but I can't even afford the second bathroom yet! I've played with the alchemy station in my play-game, but not the career, it was just to see what you did with it.
      Taylor will get her chance. *Uh, spoiler alert!* I didn't get to do what I wanted at the party because everyone left, so they will meet again.

      You wait til you see them as YA ;) You'll be so happy with Rose, she really does look like a 'Rose', to me, anyway. She's not a redhead so probably won't to you :p
      And I have now discovered that toddlers do just have small mouths.

      Delete
    2. Their mouths are prettier than Fiona's. I'm really incredibly disappointed with that mouth, and I'm considering paying for plastic surgery.

      There's nothing wrong with a yellow rose! :)

      Ooo goodie... Taylor giving a smackdown! >:)

      Delete
  5. Whoa, Trisha has some nerve! Is she going to have her revenge or will she let things be? Or hopefully she'll just die soon :D Good thing Lisa was outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taylor is finally going to get some revenge, and then hopefully Trisha will die. :p

      Lol, I know! Lisa and Jackson literally didn't come inside the entire party! It was pretty funny.

      Delete
  6. How do you get such adorable children!

    Maddie has come such a long way from the teen scared that she wouldn't know how to take care of her own baby. Now she loves taking care of children and volunteered to look after triplets! Both she and Taylor are strong, mature young women.

    Trisha makes me want to reach through the screen and choke her! How in the world did she have the nerve to show up at that birthday party like she belonged there! I'm glad that Taylor took some of her years and I hope she passes away soon!

    ReplyDelete