Friday 8 February 2013

3:11 We've Got Babies Galore!

"How do baby go in there?" Taylor was looking after Shaena while Madison took Luis to the park. She needed to lie down, but Shaena was in a clingy mood today, and so had to entertain her on her bed. She had no idea how she should answer the toddlers question, especially as she had no idea how the baby had got in there herself.
"When you want a baby really bad, and you're old enough, sometimes it just happens." She wasn't that happy with her answer, but she didn't want to be the one who explained sex and relationships to her 2 year old niece. That was a conversation better left for her mother, and for when Shaena was a teenager.
"Do baby come out when nobody sees?" Taylor tried her hardest not to laugh at the absurd question.
"No, the baby stays inside until it's big enough to come out."
"How will it get out?" Shaena sat up on the bed, and looked wide-eyed at her aunt.
"When the time is right, then I'll go to the hospital and they'll help me get it out with their doctor skills." She had no idea how to explain childbirth without possibly scarring her neice, or having more questions thrown at her.

Luis was just as excited about gaining a little cousin.
"I want it to be a boy. Girls are boring."
"Hey, I'm not boring, am I?"
"Well, no, you're not boring..."
"Well, I was a girl when I was little. So was Mummy."
"Yeah... But... I just want it to be a boy ok?"

_____


The snow was long gone, but it had been raining for a few days. It was midday, but the storm clouds overhead blocked out the sun enough to make it seem like early evening. While a storm was brewing outside, there was a lot going on inside too.

Taylors waters had just broken. She'd been up most of the night with mild contractions, and they'd been steadily getting worse up to this point. Madison pulled out her phone to call the taxi and standby babysitter. Operation mystery baby was a go.

 On the short taxi ride to the hospital, the girls were silent. They had no idea if they'd even have a baby to bring home after all this. Taylor was tired, and just wanted the pregnancy over with. She'd been more worn out by everyday tasks than she'd expected. Seeing her little sister still go to school all through her pregnancy had given her the impression that it was a lot easier than she'd thought. Madison stuck a smile on her face. It was there to try and reassure Taylor, but she couldn't look at her. This was her first time back to the hospital since Geoffrey had passed, and the maternity ward was where she'd heard the news. She wasn't looking forward to going back there, but she knew her sister needed her.

It was Luis' birthday too. He'd been talking to the construction workers upstairs. Today was the last day they were here, they were just cleaning up and finishing decorating the nursary. He was confused when he came downstairs to find his baby sister asleep on the floor, and a pool of water flooding the kichen floor. There was a girl here too, he assumed a babysitter and had no idea why they'd called her when he was clearly more capable than her. He asked her to leave and turned his attention to Shaena.

"Come on Shae, your cots more comfortable than the floor! It's nap time." He carefully dressed his sister in her pyjamas, and rested her down in the crib before going to the bathroom to wash off the dust he'd picked up while he was upstairs.

It was close to midnight when the girls returned. Luis had sorted Shaena some dinner after Madison had phoned him to explain where they were. He must've put her to bed as well, as neither of Madison's children were about.
Taylor had mixed feelings about her day. She was glad she could bring the babies home, but was a little shell shocked at the prospect of raising triplets. Sure, Madison was here to help, but she was planning on getting a job once Shaena was in school, and by that point the triplets would be at the age where they could get into everything.
"Well..." Madison started, unsure of what to make of the day either. "We've got babies galore, now!" Taylor forced a smile. She didn't feel much like laughing, but was glad her sister was making the effort.

One by one, she put her babies in the nursary. She started with her only son, Jake, who had the tell-tale cloud of fairy dust.

Next was Rose, no fairy dust surrounded her, but Taylor could sense some form of magic in her tiny body.

And finally, Kaity. She was the most confusing of the three, as her skin was so dark. Taylor had spent hours thinking of theorys to how she'd become pregnant, and settled on the fact that she must have somehow reproduced on her own. Kaitys skin, and the fact that both her daughters had magic unrelated to the fae, proved to her this wasn't possible, leaving her stumped.

_____

The following weeks and months were spent taking shifts. Taylor and Madison were constantly tired, and although Luis had to go to school, he was more than willing to help out with his three young cousins. Taylor tried to do all the night-feeds, but there were points when that just wasn't possible and Madison would have to get up to help. If one cried, they all cried, and it was a neverending job just to keep their diapers clean.

Shaena was mostly left to entertain herself now, she could use the potty on her own and so only really needed someone to feed her. If she felt forgotton, she was sure to let everyone know.

Infact, she'd mastered the art of getting attention. She wasn't afraid to scream the house down if nobody heard her at first, and most of the time just wanted to prove she could do it. Madison always seemed to be on her last nerve, and hated snapping at her daughter, but she was just so tired.

As was Taylor, who took what sleep she could get.




Ok, seriously! NOT HAPPY!!! I can't handle triplet babies as well as a toddler, and at this point Shaena still has 2 days until she's a child. Thank God Luis is a teenager, because I could not do this without him! Remind me to find him a nice partner when he's older as a thankyou. I also only rolled 4 kids, but now have to put up with 5!
So, nobody knows any traits still, I'll do it now, and try to update them as they age.
Taylor: Workahloic, Brave, Genius, Mooch, Friendly.
Madison: Brave, Star quality, Genius, Heavy sleeper, Eco-friendly.
Luis: Loves the outdoors, Friendly, Athletic, Ambitious.
Shaena: Good, Artistic.
Jake: Loner, Brave.
Rose: Excitable, Clumsy.
Kaity: Genius, Clumsy.
And their life-states are: Taylor, Madison, Luis and Jake are fairies. Shaena is a human. Rose and Kaity are witches (I'm sure by now you've worked out who the 'father' is, if not, that is a HUGE clue).

I'll be doing an heir vote when the triplets are toddlers/children. I'm not sure how much personality I can make out of them while there are so many, so I'll hopefully do it at toddler stage, but I may have to wait until child so you have some idea of what you're voting for. I will, of course, get CAS images of them as YA for this purpose, I'm really excited to see how they'll turn out, and may do Shaena while I'm at it, but she won't be in the running, as much as I want a human family again...

Also, sorry about the crazy close-ups, ShakespearsSunshine had just explained tab-shooting to me, and I got overexcited...




Next ->

14 comments:

  1. Yo. Nothing wrong with close-ups. I love close-ups! lol
    Love love LOVE the first shot of Taylor on the bed with Shaena listening to her belly! So cute! Also, all the questions and explanations. Just darling!
    Ok, now can I got and kidnap Trisha? Or is she going to be paying child support?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I've toned them back a bit for the next chapter.
      I LOVE that pose too!! It's here: http://foreverhaileycreations.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/pregnancy-bliss-pose-pack.html
      SO CUTE!!! And I had to pose Luis, because Taylor was in a mood and wouldn't let him listen to her babies. I think I told you.
      Do what you will with Trisha! She deserves everything she gets! Of course she won't pay child support, does she really seem like that kind of person?!

      Delete
  2. Gah, triplets. I feel so sorry for you! I'm glad Luis is old enough to help out.
    The whole where does baby go' conversation was adorable.
    I'm curious to see what Trish has up her sleeve, and what kind of relationship she'll try to have with the babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. Me too! Luis is a lifesaver.
      As for Trisha, well, we'll have to wait and see. But I will reveal she is an elder now, so won't be around too much longer. Although that does mean she may try to see her kids all the time...

      Delete
  3. I'm utterly confused. Trisha is the 'father'? One of her minions?
    ??????!

    I love close ups. Those were regular shots for me. :) I use tab so much that when I was building a train station I hit tab in build mode to take a pic. Tab in build mode doesn't do anything, yet I hit it every time I wanted to take another pic... every time.!

    Kaity - That's funny. Genius and clumsy. Love it. I can just see a cute little geeky type.

    Jake - yay! At least Luis got one boy out of the deal.

    Rose - I love that name. :) I really do. I hope she ends up being a redhead. Odds aren't in my favor, but I can dream. You can't order me to stop dreaming!!! (too much Disney lately)

    Dad gum Taylor was HUGE! I haven't seen pregger sims that big in a long while. Sometimes I wonder whether or not they do get bigger with multiples, or is it just a hindsight is 20/20 thing.

    I do NOT even you the triplets. I can't stand triplets. All you do is take care of babies, and this is supposed to be PLAYING! Yeah, sure, it's cute on paper... until you bring them home.

    I'd wondered if Luis would be the heir. Oh well.

    It's kinda funny that of the triplets, the only one that was the fairy was the only boy. Hate to gender stereotype, but most people think of fairies and think of girls. :) Well, those character traits show he's one tough guy if he wants to be. Just the perfect older brother type.

    You had me on the edge of my seat wondering about this pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah, I got mixed up. Anyway, both boys are no sissies. Sometimes I wonder about myself...

      Delete
    2. Not that I'm a sissy. I just mean I'm nuts. :X

      Delete
    3. Haha! Yes, Trisha is the 'father'. The story is that she realised she was getting old, and had no children to pass on her genes. She, at this point, is too old to have children, so picks on her number 1 tormentee, Taylor. She did is via spell, because would Taylor really accept her sexual advances?!
      In reality, I used MC's 'pollinate' function, because as far as I know there is no spell to make someone have your baby...
      Lol at the tab-obsession!

      Ok, I'm pretty excited about making personalities for the triplets, they've all been born with quite opposite traits, and I have a few ideas at the moment but I'll be watching them closely throughout their toddler years to see what happens.
      I have to admit, when it came to naming time I only had 2 names prepared. One boy and one girl. And then Rose popped out and I just pulled the first name that popped into my head. At the time I forgot that you already had 2 characters called Rose... I'm guessing that may be where it came from, you must be in my brain ;) I've peeped in CAS (took some pics for the heir vote I'll be doing in a few more chapters), and Rose is blonde I'm afraid. Both girls are gorgeous, but Jake has a huge nose and I have no idea where it came from... He may get a nose job if they're rich enough. It really is HUGE!

      Luis and Shaena both took their fathers name, Lansing, and so I'd hoped that would be a hint that neither of them would be heir. Wouldn't do to have an heir not called Mattell would it? :)

      I understand what you mean about stereotypes, to me fairies and witches(mainly because male witches are warlocks...) are girls, vampires and werewolves are boys. Witches and vampires are the more unisex ones in my head though. But I do think Luis looks good with his wings :)

      Delete
  4. Trisha made Taylor pregnant? The ******!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I know. My mind works in very confusing ways. To me, it seemed like the next logical step.

      I would love to say 'all will become clear...' but I'm not sure it will. If there's anything you want expaining after the next chapter or two, let me know :)

      Delete
  5. ::wracks brain:: magic other than fae? This is too much intrigue when I've had only 1 cup of coffee :D I recall Taylor having some run-ins with supes, but I don't recall a specific male witch. I guess I will have to keep reading to find out!

    And YES Luis deserves an awesome partner for helping with the kids like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I just read the comments. ugh. Trisha was the firs thing that came to mind, but dismissed it since females don't get females preggers. lol. oops. Sims happens!

      Delete
    2. Hehe :)
      She has met a male witch. When she was a teen and she crashed a party full of supes and celebs. I think it was Sam Sekemoto. I also think he may be dead now... :s
      I know, I'm afraid sims didn't happen, I did :p It wouldn't have worked any other way... :)

      Delete
  6. I really loved the pictures! Close ups are great! Talk about the ultimate in using a person, making Taylor carry her babies! There is nothing that witch with a B won't stoop too!

    Thankfully the babies are adorable and Taylor can't help but love them. It's so good that she has so much support from Madison and Luis!

    ReplyDelete