Sunday 29 September 2013

4.31 Daddy


 Kaity was humming to herself while she tidied the kitchen as Shaena padded down the stairs.
"Morning drunky, how you feeling today?" She grinned, pouring a cup of coffee for her friend. It was far from morning by now, and nearly time to start making the kids some dinner.
"Awful." Shaena replied quietly, leaning against the counter and taking the offered mug with a nod of the head.
"What time did you get in?" Kaity asked, throwing the dirty rag in her hand onto a pile of laundry in the corner. Shaena shrugged as she sipped the hot, brown liquid. "That early, eh?" Kaity teased, leaning against the counter herself with her own mug.

"Did you have a good night?" Shaena didn't seem like she was up to talking, but Kaity remembered times when she'd been a lot worse and her 'friend' would tease her about it.
"It was alright." She didn't seem so sure.
"What happened?" Kaity asked, worried.
"Nothing." Shaena shook her head as she replied. There was a slight pause before she continued. "It's just Leighton-"
"Leighton?! What did he do? I warned him, honest, if he's up in your room I swear to God-"
"You warned him?" Shaena raised an eyebrow. "What does that mean?"

Kaity sighed and ran her fingers through her hair nervously. Why did she always drop herself in it?
"You were really drunk, and I didn't want you to do something you'd regret..." She muttered, half hoping she wouldn't hear and would just leave it.
"How old do you think I am?" Shaena sounded angry, she wasn't shouting, but that was likely only because of her hangover. "You don't need to look out for me, Kaity." She placed her coffee cup down on the side, and Kaity followed suit.
"Yeah, I know, but... But Leighton isn't the relationship type, and it wouldn't have worked out. I just didn't want to see you hurt again after all you've been through."

"Maybe I don't want a relationship." Shaena countered. "You saw how my last one worked out, maybe I just want something simple for a bit?" Kaity didn't know what to say.
"But..." It wasn't often she was speechless.
"Exactly. You don't need to baby me and look out for me all the time. It's sweet that you want to, but honestly, I can look after myself."
"Sorry." Kaity mumbled, and Shaena dismissed her apology with a wave of the hand and shake of the head.

"So, what did Leighton do?" Kaity asked after a short pause.
"Someone else." Shaena mumbled.
"Someone else?" Kaity questioned.
"Yes. I sat up on the podium with him until the end of the night, then, as the lights came on and we headed to the after party, some random girl came up to him and tagged along with us. She was hanging off his neck by the time we got there, and so I just said I'd go, but he begged me to stay. So, I stayed for an hour or so, and watched them all over each other before I just walked out and came home."
"Well, I'll talk to him. That's just ridiculous." Kaity was angry, but didn't shout out of respect for her cousins pounding head.

"Don't, Kait. What's the point? I only wanted a little fun, and so did he, it just didn't work out how I'd hoped."
"Ok." Kaity lied. Shaena knew she'd ring Leighton as soon as she could, but didn't argue.
"Ok. Well, I'm going to soak in the tub, then probably head back to bed." Kaity nodded, and Shaena moved to the bathroom. Kaity quickly patted herself down. Phone, phone, phone... Where is it? She thought back. She'd not seen it today. The last time she'd had it was in Autumns room the night before, so she headed upstairs to look.

She found it on the changing station, where she'd left it.
Twenty-eight missed calls, four voicemails and ten texts?! What's going on? She asked herself, shocked. One text and one missed call from Leighton: 'Lost Shae, sorry baby K! xx' Kaity snorted, and didn't bother replying. If he was worrying, which he likely wasn't, he could keep worrying in her opinion, and she'd ring him and tell him off like he needed soon anyway. One text from Shaena 'Mis u alredy bbz! xxxxxxxxx' - that was sent just after one in the morning, hours after she'd left.

The rest were Winter. Oops. She thought as she read through the various messages, mainly variations of 'Call me! xxx', 'Answer the phone already! xxx' and 'Are you ok? xxx'. One in particular made her laugh: 'If you're dead... Well, then there's no point me sending this. Please ring me asap Kaity xxxxx' Onto the voicemails.
"Are you kidding, Kaity? Answer your phone, I've only got five minutes!"
"Kaity!! Call me back please."
"I hope you're just asleep, but I know you can't sleep through your phone ringing. That thing is attached to you like your own hand, so I can't imagine you don't know I'm ringing. Would you please just answer? We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to."
"Kaity. It's eleven at night here. I've been trying to get hold of you for fifteen hours. I need to go to sleep now, but I'll keep my phone on loud if you decide you want to talk to me. Reverse the charges if that's the problem, I don't care. ... I just want to talk to you. I miss you."
Kaity just stared at her phone after the messages were all heard.This... This is too real. What do I even say if I do ring him? I said what he wanted-what I wanted to say, what is there to talk about? After a few moments of staring at the screen, she decided to send a text.
'Sorry, left fne in Tums rm. Call u later <3 xxxxx' That would buy her some time. She felt like she was forgetting to do something, but headed off to entertain the kids anyway. Whatever it was would come back to her.

_____

 "No, because look, the one we saw earlier then Arnold had pie for dinner. Remember? He made a big deal about it-"
"Yeah, whatever Soph, I'm sure you're right." Jaydean sighed at her sister. She honestly didn't care if they'd watched this one earlier or not. "When will Winter be back?" She yawned.
"Mummy said about eleven, but it's after midnight now." Sophie looked over to her mother and brother, they'd been asleep for a few hours now.
"Wouldn't he ring if the plane was late?" Just as Jaydean asked, there was a knock at the door. Both girls jumped to their feet and rushed to the front door giggling.

Winter barely had time to lock the door again before the girls jumped all over him.
"You're back!"
"Did you have fun?"
"Why are you late?"
"Did you miss us?"
"Did you get us presents?"
"Yeah, what did you get us?" Winter laughed at their excited questions.
"Why are you still up?" He asked.

"Mummy said!"
"Yeah, she said we could wait up to see you, but she fell asleep ages ago."
"And Tummy did, he fell asleep even before it got dark, but he's just a baby."
"Can we have our presents now?"
"If you get into bed, then I'll bring your presents up. Deal?"
"Deal!" Both girls replied in unison, before quickly pecking him on the cheek and running up the stairs.

The first thing Kaity knew of Winter's return, was him gently kissing her awake. His cold hands stroking her hair and her arm, his cool breath on her cheek.
"Winter?" She muttered, slowly opening her eyes. "You're back!"
"I'm back." He smiled, as Kaity carefully sat herself up and gently lay Autumn on the sofa beside her.

She wrapped her legs around him and pulled him close. "I missed you so much." She whispered as she crashed her lips to his. They weren't sure how much time passed before a little voice spoke up.

"Mummy I awake." Kaity felt Autumn tugging on her arm, and groaned against Winters lips. Winter smiled and rested a hand on his son, trying to calm him as he tried to pull away from Kaity. "Mummy!" Autumn shouted, pulling on her tshirt.

"Yes, baby." Kaity sighed, turning to look at her son.
"I want a egg."
"You can't have an egg now, Tum, it's bedtime."
"Daddy make me egg?"
"No, daddy won't make you an egg either. Maybe in the morning."
"Yes in the morning." Autumn replied, nodding his head. Winter smiled at his sons insistance, before tickling him gently, causing Autumn to scream.
"Winter!" Kaity scolded. "How am I supposed to get him to sleep if you're waking him up?!"
"Daddy, mummy always grumpy when you not here."
"Autumn." Kaity sighed, picking him up and standing. "Lets get you into bed."

"Daddy do it." Autumn demanded. "Daddy don't hate me."
"Mummy doesn't hate you either." Winter reassured him, stroking his face.
"Yeah, I don't hate you, Tum. Besides, you told me a whole story about daddy hating you. What happened to that?"
"I lied." Autumn replied, making both his parents laugh. Kaity gave him a quick kiss before handing him over to Winter.

"Mummy said she will buy me a dog and a horse tomorrow." Autumn said as soon as he'd left Kaity's grip.
"No I didn't, Autumn. You're lying. Do you remember what happens to liars?"
"Liars grow big and strong." Autumn told Winter.
"Autumn." Kaity warned. She knew he knew this one. "You're lying again, so what will happen?"
"I won't get a dog." Kaity sighed. She gave up.
"I'm going to bed." She announced, walking towards the door. "Don't be too long." She whispered in Winters ear as she passed.





Umm... Yeah, if you're 18+ then you may go here for more. Just a silly little bonus scene. That's all. Of course, I expect you to comment here first, silly! ;)
Also. AUTUMN IS TOO DAMN CUTE! <3

19 comments:

  1. Autumn is freakin' adorable! Love his little insistence on his way. SOOOOooo like his Mom! And I see it's a dog *and* a horse now. lol.

    Oh, poor Shaena. Looks like the liking that Leighton has for Shaena isn't only one way. Though, at the same time, I guess I'm kind of glad it didn't work out. I'd kind of like to think that Leighton might be good for Shaena, though I'm not positive a one night stand would be best for her either.

    Oooooooh, Winter is a little worried eh? Oh Kaity. Will she ever say it when she's not half drunk?

    So sweet Winter! Waking the "Princess" with a kiss. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HIS LITTLE FACEEEE!!! OMG AWWWWW!!!!
      *ahem*
      Haha, yep, he definately inherited some from his mother! God help us all... There'll be two of them... Poor Winter. Yep, who knows where the horse came from, but that would be even less use to him now than a dog would. Silly baby.

      Yeah, they may have mini-crushes on each other right now. A one night stand could go either way. She has only been with Alex up til now, so maybe something completely different would help. Then again, maybe she's a relationship kind of person. She stuck by Alex through all he did to her, and maybe that's because she's made to be in a couple? I guess we won't know until she puts herself out there.

      Haha! Well, wouldn't you be?! If someone rang you up, said 'I love you' then hung up and didn't answer the phone or reply to a text, I'm sure you'd be ringing and ringing trying to talk about it and check you heard right.

      Hehe :D

      Delete
  2. Autumn is so cute! I loved the girls jumping all over Winter when he came in too, but Autumn is just d'awww - especially the way he's so serious with it all!

    Interesting that Shaena was hoping for something with Leighton as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he?! Aww. Hehe, I was happy that pic worked as well as it did. There seem to be no 'two kids hugging one adult' poses, and I was way too lazy to make one. Yeah, Autumn is definately cuter than his sisters.

      Yeah, I guess we may never know how that would have worked out ;)

      Delete
  3. Ah, the timeless tradition of teasing the hungover friend. Gets less funny when you find out that something happened, like Kaity just did. Eesh, give Shaena a chance to explain before you go into attack mode!

    Kaity. >.< I'm happily shipping over here, I don't need you dumping the "oh it'll never work out!" doom and gloom! Of course it never will if you don't give it a chance!

    Aww, all the texts and voicemails! So adorable! My favorite was the "if you're dead" one. Fifteen hours? I guess it must be later the next day than I'd originally thought. I'm with Winter on this one now, that's a really long time to leave the guy hanging. Get your act together, Kaity!

    I must be getting old, your textspeak didn't make sense to me at first. I couldn't stop reading "fne" as "fine." I definitely subscribe to the Winter school of texting, much easier to read and even less effort these days, with autocorrect and everything.

    Aww, love his reunion with the girls! He's such a good dad. Oh man, little kids have the worst timing...or perhaps the best, from a comedic standpoint. No, you can't have an egg, it's the middle of the night you silly boy! And stop trying to snow your daddy into getting you a horse - you're like two, what are you going to do with a horse?

    ...bonus scene? Yes please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe :p Yeah, we've all done that.
      I know, Kaity is always in attack mode, isn't she?

      Pahahaaaa! She did have a little moment of doubt, but she didn't let herself think about it. What a big girl!

      :) The 'if you're dead' one is my favourite too. Yes, at the start of the chapter when Kaity says 'morning' I explain that it was actually closer to dinner time.I didn't make it very obvious, and I did wonder if that would confuse anyone. Oh well!
      Yeah, Kaity could have at least called him back instead of texting.

      LOL! Sorry... I don't use textspeak since I got a smartphone either, so it was a little different for me to write like that. I wanted to show Kaity as still acting a lot younger than Winter, so she uses text speak. Shaena's was because she was drunk more than anything, though.

      Hehe :D He is, and the twins love him. Especially the presents. Pahahaaa! Autumn and his random lines. I'm trying to bring him into it so we all remember that it's a legacy and he's the next heir, but he's too young to make any sense so he just says silly things instead, And ruins moments.
      LOL! Yeah... A horse and a dog? Think he wants to be a farmer...

      *gulp!*

      Delete
  4. I'm interested what if anything happens with Shae and Leighton. I mean, maybe something casual would be good for her. She'd only ever been in one relationship ever, so maybe a little fun before she gets serious again could be good for her.
    It's sad she had to watch Laeighton all over some other chick, but now she knows Kaity warned him off, so it's not like he's not interested, just scared of Kaity, lol.
    <3 Kaity and Winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... We'll see about Shaeton. I mean...... Uhm... Shaena and Leighton. I've not given them a couple name. nope.
      But, yeah, it could e good for her, but it could be bad. Either way, she'll never know unless she tries.
      Yeah, Kaity likes to protect her, which could have been for the best, but still made Shae feel a little rejected the night before. It's a good thing Kaity admitted to that, at least Shae doesn't think she just attracts bad people!

      :D <3

      Delete
  5. I loved this chapter. Glad to see Kaity isn't getting in her own way with Winter, at least not right now. :-) And Shae understood why Kaity told Leighton to back off, but I don't blame her for being upset. Why shouldn't Shae get herself a little? She deserves it after all. And the kids are just too damn cute! They better put a stop to Autumn's "stories" now or there could be trouble in the future! And that bonus scene! (fans self) Hot!! (Goes off to read it again) Can't wait for more.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D
      Yeah, Kaity does get in her own way a lot of the time, but luckily she's not at the moment.

      "Why shouldn't Shae get herself a little? She deserves it after all." - I LOLed sooo hard. You summed that up perfectly. ;) Yeah, she deserves to let go, but whether it'd be good for her in the long run (emotionally) is another thing. You don't always know what you want.

      They are soooo cute! I never want them to age, but this is a legacy...
      Haha, I think Autumn will stop with his 'stories' as he gets older. It's just a phase he's going through.

      Oh, uhmmm *blushes* why thank you :)

      Delete
  6. Phew! Finally a moment to sit down and read!

    I find it amusing that your sims drink coffee, but you don't. ::rubs hands together in anticipation of hearing about Leighton:: LOL--If he's up in your room! Really, like Kaity's one to talk! At least Shae's hangover spared Kaity from getting yelled at. And really, it's fair to say that Shae needed some looking after, from being so drunk the night before. Kaity's heart was certainly in the right place, and after all, she knows Leighton pretty well. Shae's position of wanting something simple and not a relationship is quite understandable, except those things rarely end up simple, and certainly shouldn't be carried out with a friend of the family. So again, Kaity's right to have warned him.

    NOT that I'm not hoping for more, as you well know ;)

    Someone else =( And Shae sounded melancholy about it. Or maybe feels sad being around couples since she's single? Rather insensitive of Lay, but I suppose he is what he is, and maybe really was just friendly-flirting with Shae. Friendly-flirting can often lead to more, but not not so much if he's being a manwhore in front of her.

    28 missed calls?! Gosh what's Winter so worried about? Well I suppose if he's been trying to call her for 15 hours, that'd be worrisome. He probably thinks she's avoiding him now.

    D'awww at them rushing Winter as soon as he's in the door, full of chatter. LOL @ Autumn and his stories. He's a little storyteller! I don't think he's going to let the idea of a dog go, hehe. Yes, he is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, phew! :)

      Well, I know that most of the world does, so it makes them more relateable (that doesn't look right). My sims do loads of stuff that I don't. I'm sure yours do too!
      Haha! The 'if he's up in your room' comment was meant to be that's she'd kill him, because she'd already warned him. Kaity definately can't talk about one-night-stands ;)
      Yeah, Shae did need some looking after, Kaity does baby her quite a bit, though. I guess she's still trying to make up for not telling her about the vision she had of Alex, even though Shae has long forgiven her by now.
      And, yes, simple doesn't always stay simple, especially if it's gunna be with someone you see all the time...

      I think she was upset that he'd be on her all night, and as soon as a pretty thing came up to him she was forgotton about. I mean, can you blame her? Doesn't exactly do wonders for the self esteem...
      But, Leighton shouldn't have done that. Kaity would have told him straight, but she forgot about it after those voicemails. Think he was just out for a lay (lol) and wasn't thinking with the right brain.

      I don't know that he's worried, I think he just wants to talk to her about the whole 'I love you too. *boooooooop*' thing. Wouldn't you? If someone rang you, said they loved you, hung up, and then didn't answer the phone, I'm sure you'd keep ringing. He definately did think she was avoiding him, but he knows that she knows she could just text that she didn't want to talk and he'd leave it, so that would only make him worry more...

      Hehe :D They love Winter like he's their own father, and he loves them like his own too. That's why they're so obsessed with the idea of them getting married. 'Step-dad' is better than 'mums-boyfriend'.
      Haha, Autumn does have an imagination in him, that's for sure! Think he should grow out of the lying, but no, I don't think the dog idea is gunna leave soon. Kaity (and Winter) may have to look into that one.
      It's his ikkle baby face <3 I wish he could stay like that forever :)

      Delete
  7. Woot! Caught up again! Aaaand---I'm pretty sure I read it in order too, lol :P

    Awww, what a sweet moment, the way that Winter wakes her up. The kids are all so cute, I love all their individual little personalities!

    I love the idea of a Shaeton! Think what the Paparazzi could say about that! Shae steals Kaity's baby daddy or something equally silly, lol =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woooo! And in order?! No missed chapters? :p

      Hehe thank you. I try to make every sim different, which will definately get a lot harder as the generations go on. Especially if I keep rolling loads of kids (*spoiler* I rolled 4 next gen)

      Hehe :D There's a lot they could say. They could make some crazy love-triangle story up I'm sure, and of course, the baby daddy thing will be first on their mind ;)

      Delete
  8. Yay! I'm caught all up again.

    It sucks that things didn't turn well for Shaena and Leighton. But me thinks this may not be the end, have a little faith Shaena!

    *happy sigh* at Kaity and Winter's reunion. And I love how it ended off. Love the naughty blog too. Yes, pervy me went to take a look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hii! Not seen you in aaaaages! Welcome back, and congrats on getting caught up :)

      Yeah, it sucks right now, but it's not like either of them have gone anywhere... ;)

      :D I loves my Kwinter. Hehe. I don't want to ever leave them, but it's a legacy, so I guess I should get moving at some point...
      Heheheee :p I expected most people would. The words '18+' draw me into things all the time ;)

      Delete
  9. I love that Winter's home again. The twins asking for presents was so true to life. Anytime a parent goes anywhere, that's what they hear when they get home.

    Love how Shae acted upset that Kaity told Leighton to back off. She made a good point that she's not a baby and can handle herself, but I understand how Kaity's overprotective of her.
    The way Winter woke Kaity up is the best way to get woken up imho. :)

    Oh, the alt blog "Naughty Bits" LOVE the title. hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooo! He's back! He didn't run off and abandon Kaity like we all thought he might... LOL naaah...
      Hehe, I know from experiance. My dad used to have to travel a lot for his job, and it was always "I'm home!" "PRESENTS!" :p
      I've been pleasantly surprised that nobody has asked what these presents were. I couldn't think of anything, so glossed over it and I seem to have got away with it ;)

      Yeah, Kaity is overprotective of her, and as Shae pointed out, she doesn't need to be. It's not something Kaity can just stop, but hopefully she can hold back a little. There will be a time when Shae wants to move on, and Kaity will need to be willing to let her.

      Oh, definately! :D

      Hehehe :p I couldn't stop giggling when that titled popped into my head ;) Everyone loves a little innuendo.

      Delete
  10. I hope Shaena isn't too mad! Kaity was just looking out for her.

    Wow Winter...Kaity may have driven him a little crazy with not answering his calls.

    The kids are so cute, and I'm glad that they're all together with Winter now. I love that the girls love him, even though he's not their father.

    And Autumn really is cute!

    ReplyDelete