Thursday 27 June 2013

4.18 One Week


"Please don't go." Kaity mumbled between desperate kisses.
"I have to, I should have gone home two weeks ago! I'll be back in a week." He wasn't lying, he needed to go home to sell his apartment and talk to his various bosses. He'd already found a room to rent in Sunset Valley, only a few streets away from Kaity and the kids, too. He'd decided he'd help raise the twins aswell, as they had no male influence at all, and had taken to him well despite the odd start he and Jaydean had had.

"There's a van by that house," he observed, "I think somebody is watching us." A camera flash proved him right, and Kaity let out a little annoyed grunt into his mouth.
"Let them watch, I don't care what they say." She breathed as she ran her hand down his side and round to cup his behind.
"Kaity, I have to go." Winter moaned.
"I know, just making sure you don't forget me."

Winter pulled back a little and looked her in the eye.
"Kaity. I promise, I'm coming back. One week. Seven days. I promise, ok?" Kaity wanted to believe him, she was sure she could trust him, but part of her wouldn't let her fall for it. She'd have to wait a week to find out whether her heart would be made or broken.
"A week." She nodded, before pecking him on the lips quickly and watching him walk down the street and out of her life.

She watched the van pull off and follow him, and pulled out her phone.
"Miss me already?" Winter laughed as he answered.
"No, sorry. You're being followed. Duck into an alley, and wait for them to go past."
"Ok, thank you. See you in a week."
"Yeah, a week." Kaity confirmed half-heartedly as she hung up and went back to bed.

_____

"Kisses!" Kaity demanded as the school bus honked outside. The twins left their plates at the breakfast table and bounded over to where she was waiting by the door.
"Bye mummy!" Jaydean said, kissing her mother as she was told.
"Love you!" Sophie called as she did the same.
"Love you both too, have a great day, stick together, don't go near any boys except Lucas, and make sure you play with him, Liana and Lyris at break, ok?"
"Yes mummy!" The girls sighed in unison."
"Good, now go. I'll see you later."

Kaity waited in the doorway as she watched her two little girls run out the house and down the street to the waiting bus. She couldn't believe they were starting school already.

 Retreating back inside, she slumped down onto the couch. It was just herself, Shaena and three babies now. Three babies. Elise. She'd never know her mother.

She scooched over a little, and tried to hold back tears. She didn't want to cry again, it felt like all she'd done for the past two weeks. She had to pick herself up and move on. But how?

Winter. She sighed as she thought of him. He'd only left... three hours and forty-seven minutes ago. She had a whole week to get through before she'd know if he really would come back. I have his number... If he doesn't come back I can- She cut her thoughts off, shaking her head. I wouldn't have the guts to ring him if he didn't come back.

 Why? What's different about him? Why do I care about him so much? He's just a random guy, I wouldn't even know he was Autumns father if it weren't for the tufts of blue hair and the genie-thing.

 I need to get him off my mind. Get out of this house for a bit, Shae won't mind. But what shall I do?

 I need a drink. The Grind.

_____

She'd dressed up with the hope she'd feel a little better, wearing the dress she'd worn at the funeral the day before, and some killer heels. Once she'd arrived at the club and realised it wasn't even 10am yet, she didn't feel much like drinking, so leaned on the bar and looked around the empty club, wondering why the music was blaring if nobody was here.

"Kaity?" She heard a familiar voice call from behind her.
Male. Pretty certain I've heard that voice screaming my name before, too. She thought, turning her head slightly to see. Leighton?! Holy plumbob! What do I do?

She didn't have time to think up a plan of any sort before he rested a comforting arm on her back.
"Hey, I'm sorry about Bonnie, she was a really great girl." Kaity grunted an agreement. She didn't want to talk about Bonnie, and talking to a vampire wasn't going to help, either. "And you, I heard you had surgery?" What could a little small talk hurt?
"Yeah, nothing major, really, just some intestines or something had to be removed."
"Nothing major? That wouldn't be major for me, because I don't need my intestines, but for a fatty, food eater like you, that's pretty major." He tickled her neck slightly, forcing Kaity to smile. He always knew how to cheer her up. "Come on, I don't start work for an hour, come sit and we'll talk?"
"I don't want to talk." She replied, and Leighton looked a little upset. "I want to dance." She grinned as she pulled him over to the abandoned dancefloor.

 She wrapped an arm around his neck, and with her back to him, she gyrated her hips to the music, being sure to bump against him at every opportunity. This will cheer me up. She smiled to herself. It already is, just from the thought of what I'm doing to him. She couldn't help but let out a little giggle, and Leighton pulled her closer to whisper in her ear.
"The tabloids are saying you have a boyfriend, I hope you're not cheating?"

Kaity didn't answer, instead deciding to continue her torture to work off the awful feeling she had. Is this guilt? She wondered. Why should I feel guilty? He left me, I'm doing nothing wrong.
"Baby K?" He breathed into her ear, dangerously close as she turned her head to reply.
"No. I'm not cheating." Leighton leaned down to join their lips, and Kaity pulled away, giggling once again. She loved this game. It had been nearly a year since she'd been out like this, and she'd forgotton how much she missed it - even if it wasn't even lunchtime.

"But..." She drew out as she chewed on her lip and wrapped her arms around his neck. "We're not doing anything, you wanted to talk."
"Sometimes I could swear you do this to wind me up." Kaity grinned at his statement, and let him pull her to some nearby seating.

"So who is he?" Leighton asked, pulling Kaity closer with an arm around her neck.
"Who?" She asked, although she knew exactly who.
"Your boyfriend."
"He's not my boyfriend." That much she was sure of. Leighton pulled a face like he didn't believe her. "What?"
"The way you phrased your answer a minute ago. 'I'm not cheating' rather than 'I'm single'. So, I ask again, who is he?"
"He's Autumns father. I met him, well, just over nine months ago. We had a crazy three days, but I don't think he came back for any reason other than Autumn. He's psychic as well, you see-"
"So he can see me with my arm around his girl right now?"
"Leighton! I told you before it doesn't work like that, and I'm not his girl, either."
"So you're single, then?"

"Yes!" She laughed, finally getting through.
"Meaning I can do this-" He leaned in, kissing her lips quickly. "And nobody would say anything?"
"Yes. He's gone home now anyway, I don't think he'll come back."
"He doesn't know what he's missing." He pulled her onto his lap and kissed her again.

She giggled a little at his eagerness before kissing him back. His breath was cool, but warm compared to Winter's. The cold of a vampire was significantly warmer than Winter, but Leighton had something Winter didn't have; fangs.

She playfully ran her tongue along his teeth, being sure to pay close attention to the canines, before withdrawing her tongue, teasing once again.
"Kaity, you can't sit there anymore." he groaned into her mouth. Smiling, she wiggled her bum a little in his lap, causing him to pull out of the kiss and give her a scolding look. "No, really. I have to work here." Kaity giggled and spun herself around, before kneeling before him on the floor.
"Is this better for your reputation, DJ Lazy-Lay?"

"I'm almost certain it's not." Leighton didn't seen to mind, though, and joined their lips once more. This time not taking Kaity's teasing, and instead pricking her tongue with his fang, causing her to moan quietly in pleasure. I forgot how good that felt. She silently admitted to herself as he greedily sucked on her tongue, drawing out droplets of sickly-sweet blood.





Ok, so... What the hell, Gemma? Right? Am I right?
Well... I went there, so it's too late.

Don't forget you can't always trust the press...

26 comments:

  1. I'm guessing Leighton's name is one of the many names running around as Autumn's dad? Ah Kaity...

    I hope Winter dumps her lazy ass and sues for custody of Autumn : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yes, he is. He also is actually the twins father in-game, because the hot pipe-repairman disappeared whil Kaity was pregnant and she was stuck in labour forever. I had to give her a very late abortion by mastercontroller, before instant-babying her so it all made sense again (PAH! Made sense...).

      Well, Kaity was right. They're not in a relationship officially, so technically she's done nothing wrong. But, it is morally wrong to do whatever she might have done with Leighton when Winter has just thrown his entire life away to move nearer to her.
      There will be consequences, but not that, lol. I need Autumn as my heir, and so he needs to be raised in the legacy house. :p

      Delete
  2. Oh Kaity, Kaity, Kaity, what are you playing at?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just had a random thought after making this comment - Kaity wouldn't be trying to play the press at their own game and throw them off the scent or something would she?

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. What is she playing at, exactly.

      That would kinda make this all ok, but no, she's not. Unfortunately everything is piling up and she misses Bonnie, and doesn't believe Winter will be back, so to her it makes no difference what she does. Well, she'll be in for a shock in a week! Lets just hope she's grown up enough to admit her mistakes before he finds out the hard way.

      Delete
  3. What in the name of sanity did you just write Gemma?
    "Greedily sucked on her tongue"?
    That is a violation against nature.
    Plus I don't even like Winter, so I'm glad he'll be away for a chapter or two givin Kaity a chance to go nuts once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, he was drinking her blood, that's why it was greedy! He's a vampire and she's a psychic-fairy-witch, there isn't anything like that in what we know as nature.

      Wow, well... Wow.
      You're the only one who doesn't like him!
      And Kaity shouldn't be going nuts, because she has too many responsibilities. A house, her own business, three of her own kids, and now one of someone elses too. Poor Shaena left home alone to handle all that while she goes out doing God knows what.

      Delete
  4. So sad Kaity doesn't believe him.
    I'm still waiting to see that picture... grrr

    Oh no. No. Kaity, you don't do so well drunk... and no Bonnie to keep you under control... and the press hounding your every step meaning something like THAT pic could get in the papers... reading on

    crap. Yes, you ARE cheating.

    Do you do the 'fairies taste sweeter' thing?

    Oh, I'm pissed at Kaity. Don't get me wrong. She's blowing it... and not that. :P
    At this point, I'm just shaking my head at this point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Kaity will have to start believing him when he comes back, won't she?
      Heheeee

      Luckily she decided it was a little early for a drink, not that anything could have happened as the club was empty. More than likely she'd have just collapsed in a crying heap on the floor...

      Yes, she is. Kinda. I think Winter assumes they're at some level of commitment, but she assumes he's just walked out the door forever. They're both right, it's a tough one. I agree with Winter that they're in an automatic relationship because they have a child together, and have just shared the same bed for 2 weeks (that was it, he wanted her to work out her grief properly - more on that next chapter or the one after) so he could be there for her. But she thinks they're just friends, or maybe less than that. Two people who happen to have a child together and one time slept together. So, she wasn't lying to Leighton, but Winter sees the situation very differently.
      I hope that made some sense, at least :|

      Yep. Yum yum! :) Also, Kaity likes the whole "ow you're biting my tongue" thing. Kinky.

      You have every right to be. That's what I'd expected (Oh, LOL!!!!)
      You shake your head as much as you want :) Not sure when the next one will be out, working on it over the weekend so hopefully Monday.

      Delete
    2. Now escuse me, please. I have a sudden urge to go look at pictures of your Nate <3 *fans self*

      Delete
    3. That made sense, and it was exactly what I was thinking. Winter thinks they're an item only didn't DO anything while he slept with her while he was there because she's mourning.

      Cool. Fairies should taste sweeter imo.

      Nate? As in Nathaniel Hamilton?

      Delete
    4. Yep, exactly. Kaity needs 'stuff to happen in bed' for her to believe there's anything going on, and as he turned her down she assumed they were just friends. She's still an idiot, though.

      I agree!

      Yep :) Went and re-read a few random AMIT chapters. I missed him, and I hadn't even realised! LOL!

      Delete
  5. Oh Kaity. No one there to be her 'wing-girl' and keep her on track. No one to remind her the press are always watching. That the gossip-mobile is probably parked right outside the club. And I bet those two haven't talked about having an exclusive relationship, but doesn't/shouldn't his moving there prove to her more than just a passing thing? If she uses the argument there of 'He's coming for Autumn' then I'd like to rebut that 'he's also coming for her girls.' And those two aren't his. And then with her goodbye? Actions speak louder than words dear Kaity. I hope she doesn't learn that the hard way. Here's hoping Winter gets back quickly! And gets back before 'The Hills Have Ears' publishes another Kaity sighting. (Were they hiding behind the bar?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wing-girl. Haha! I like it, and yeah, that's pretty much what Bonnie was when they went out :p They never went out in the morning, though...
      Hmm, gossip-mobile might be there, someone was there at any rate. They're everywhere! Even when the club is empty...
      No, they've not talked about a relationship, and I wonder if Kaity would still not believe him if they had? I don't know, but it's a bit late for all that now.
      Exactly! You don't take on someone elses kids unless you plan on being with them for a while! He's got enough brains that he knows it'd hurt the twins if he just walked out of their life after a few weeks, so hopefully he'll either never know or Kaity can get him to forgive her.
      Yes, the goodbye. Talk about mixed signal, Kaity! She all but tried to stop him from leaving, and then hours later rushes into the arms of an old flame. I think it's too late for her to learn that the easy way, I'm afraid.
      Winter will be back in a week, as he promised. I'm afraid the press will lap this up, because Leighton is a minor celebrity too, and what's juicier than two celebrities hooking up in a club in the middle of the day?!
      (No, they weren't behind the bar, but they were there.)

      Delete
  6. whether her heart would be made or broken -- what a great way to put it! I hate that Kaity is so fearful that he might not return, that makes me scared that you've got some evil twist up your sleeve :-/ But of course he would need to close up his affairs. He seems committed and dedicated, and wants to be a part of not only his son's life, but Kaity's and the twins' as well...only a tragedy would keep him from doing so. ::shakes fist in warning::

    OH NOES! KAITY NO! BAD GIRL! HE DID NOT LEAVE YOU!

    Oh gosh and you know the press got pictures. Winter, poor Winter. What will he do??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :)
      Evil twist, eh? Does what she does by the end of the chapter count, or are you thinking I'm going to kill Winter? I think that'd be a little too cruel, as she's just lost her best friend, she doesn't need to lose her love-interest too.
      Yes, he has affairs to close up (lol, because of the ending of this chapter that sounds a lot different that what you mean :p), selling his apartment, packing his things, quitting a few jobs and explaining to the one that has him travelling that he'll be based in Sunset Valley from now on.
      Yes, he wants to be a part of all their lives, which is a good, nice, honest thing to do, and then Kaity goes and possibly ruins it all... Stupid girl. Do you think this counts as a tragedy or just a bump? *hides from flailing arm*

      She has some serious abandonment issues. As I mentioned before, that probably comes from her 'father'. Maybe she should ask Taylor about all that, because clearly she needs to understand that bit of her life.

      Well, he can't get 'The Hills Have Ears!' in Bridgeport, so he probably won't see the article (unless he decides to snoop online, but he doesn't strike me as that kind of person). Technically, Kaity could probably get away with it, but I can imagine her feeling very guilty (or Shaena having something to say when she sees the paper as she throws it away) and maybe confessing to him once he's back.
      I think Winter will be most annoyed that she didn't trust him. They weren't/aren't in an official relationship, but to him they had some kind of agreement. I highly doubt he'll go back to Bridgeport or anything like that. He does love her, but he didn't tell her when he was in town, the first day he didn't get to it because he was so shocked he had a son, and then that evening Bonnie died and it didn't seem right to tell her he loved her after that, because she'd just think it was pity. But, Kaity's kids know (Winter told Jaydean when she greeted him, and she told Sophie), so if they see the papers they'll have a few words to say.

      Delete
    2. Sorry, didn't realise I was spam again *rolls eyes* at least I realised the same day this time...

      Delete
  7. I'm very disappointed in Kaity, you know what I'm more than disappointed. I get that she's grieving and all, but she really should have stayed home. Winter loves her, and she loves him too, and if he hasn't proven that to her over the past few weeks/days, I don't know what will. She was at a club, all cozied up in Leighton's arms and I'm sure some slimy pap took pictures of her, if and when Winter sees those pics or reads abou her little adventure in the newspaper I don't think she'll be able to explain it away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. She should have stayed home. The grieving can't even really be used as an excuse, because grieving doesn't make you lose all common sense.
      I think it's that she's scared. She's terrified of committing herself to someone, and she really doesn't believe Winter will come back. She has some serious trust issues, and she needs to work through them before she drives everyone away.

      Yes, the press spotted her, and of course made a story out of it. Winter won't read about it, he can't get that paper in Bridgeport, so it'll be up to her to admit to what happened when he comes back. (Am in the process of writing that now. Got all the pics this morning, it's just ironing out the responses and stuff and making sure I don't 'say' anything that will later come back to bite me ;) )

      Loved the way you said it as a 'little adventure' :p Brilliant!

      Delete
  8. Kaity has some serious trust issues.
    It's almost like she wants to push Winter away just to prove to herself that it isn't real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's pretty much exactly that! It's on the way to getting sorted.... Eventually... ;)

      Delete
  9. Ha ha---well, Kaity does have 15 yrs to get over her trust issues, it looks like she is going to need every one of those years! Yikes! She still hasn't matured enough to not make impulsive decisions, consequences are a pain though. If Winter finds out, he's bound to be hurt, and that'll cause a rift in their *relationship*.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Kaity. I'm so disappointed in you. Winter was a good guy. He wasn't even gone for an entire day until she hooked up with someone else. Geez Kaity, get your stuff together, and work through those issues, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am going to jump in that computer and yell some sense into that girl! What the "Freak" does she think she's doing! She's ruining everything!

    How can Winter ever trust her if he's barely gone for a day and she's making out with a guy in a bar! A guy who gave her every reminder and every opportunity to be be faithful to Winter. "Are you cheating? Don't you have a boyfriend!"

    Doesn't want him to come back! What's there to come back for now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant doesn't she want him to come back? Does she think he won't find out? What if it were him behaving that way with some other woman? Would that be okay or cheating!

      Delete