Wednesday 5 June 2013

4.12 Girls Night In



 


Kaity woke with a start from her dream. She could hear the twins playing in the nursary, and heard the front door close. Her maternal instincts kicked in, and she rushed downstairs, certain she'd locked the door the night before.

 "Shaena!" She wanted to smile and hug her, just by turning up she'd proved that she heard a little of what she'd said the day before.

"I didn't think you'd want to see me." Kaity smiled a little.
"MOOOOMMMIIIEEEEE!!!" A scream sounded from upstairs. Kaity sighed.
"Can we talk upstairs?" She suggested, and Shaena nodded, following her up to the nursary.

Kaity picked up Sophie to stop her from crying, before turning back to her cousin with a big smile on her face.
"Your Mum suggested that Alex and I take a break. I'm not saying I'll live here permenantly, but if the offer still stands I'll stay for a while until things calm down."

It wasn't exactly what she'd hoped for, but at least she'd have the time to try and convince her to leave him forever. Especially if her vision was correct.
"Of course the offer still stands." Kaity grinned. "Plus, it's a full moon. You know what that means..."

"Girls night in." Shaena replied half-heartedly. Every full moon since graduation, Kaity, Shaena and Bonnie had spent the evening with an old movie and a bottle of wine. This one would only be slightly different.
"Exactly. Now, lets get these toddlers bathed and changed."
"And you can tell me all about your conference?" Shaena suggested, picking Jaydean off the floor and following Kaity downstairs to the bath.
"Uh... Maybe later. Bonnie will want to know too, so I'll just say it all tonight" Kaity wasn't sure what to say about the conference, to be honest. Bonnie would be interested in all the talks, because as a vampire she could read minds, but the only thing she could think about now was Winter.

_____

The cheesy movie had just got to the end of the first date. The popcorn was long finished, and Kaity was debating on how to explain her vision.

"Be a good hostess and get the alcohol, Kait." Bonnie yawned. By now they'd usually be on their second bottle, so it was odd that her friend hadn't bought the wine out yet.

Kaity looked at her friends, engrossed in the awful chick flick, and decided now was probably the best time to tell them.
"I had a vision. About all of us."

Suddenly, the movie wasn't interesting.
"Spill." Bonnie demanded, leaning over Shaena so she could hear better over the TV.
"If I spill, you'll have to do some spilling of your own." Kaity raised an eyebrow, before repositioning herself to face them.

May as well come right out and say it.
"We're all pregnant." There was a minute or so silence, while her friends tried to work out if she was messing around.
"All three of us?" Shaena asked in disbelief.
"Yes." Silence again. "So, Bonnie. Who's the lucky guy?"

Bonnie blushed a little. A hard task for a vampire.
"Kaity, tell me you're kidding. Please. How do you know that we're pregnant right now?!" She looked a bit panicked, and Shaena looked surprisingly calm.
"I know, because in my vision we were showing and it was the twins birthday. Who is he?" She pressed.
"Great. Just great." Bonnie sighed. "He's married. It was a one-time thing!" Kaity burst out laughing. She knew exactly who she meant now.
"Chen? Your neighbour?" Bonnie nodded, and Kaity tried to stop laughing.
"Don't you have some explaining yourself?" Shaena cut in, and Bonnie's mood instantly shifted. She had a silly grin on her face and was staring at her.

Kaity couldn't help but smile as she stood up.
"His name's Winter." She gushed. "I met him in Starlight Shores and..." She sighed a happy sigh, "Well, let's just say, the best three days of my life." Bonnie squealed an excited laugh.

"Kaity, what's that look on your face?" Shaena grinned. "Is that love? Oh my plumbob! You love him!"
"Shuttup, I don't!" Kaity blushed. I don't love him. I can't love him...
"You do!" Shaena squealed, happier than she'd been all night. "I'm so excited for you! When can we meet him?" Kaity shrugged.
"I told him we wouldn't meet again. I told him that if he was ever in the area to look me up, but I'm not expecting anything." Both Bonnie and Shaena's mouths fell open, and they just stared.
"Are you an idiot?" Bonnie asked after a while. Kaity was clearly trying to hold back tears, and both girls jumped from the sofa to throw their arms around her.

"Kaity, you really are an idiot, but we still love you." Bonnie said.
"Thank you, guys." Kaity pulled her friends tighter. I don't love him. But if I did, I wouldn't need him anyway.

"Lets make a promise now. If something happens to one of us, we'll raise her child. Or children, in your case, Kait." Bonnie suggested, looking at Shaena as she did. Bonnie and Kaity silently hoped that this news would wake Shaena up and get her to leave Alex for good. Kaity was sure she'd already knew about her own pregnancy, and it had been the reason she'd come to stay anyway.
"Agreed." Kaity and Shaena replied in unison.





_____

To clarify, because this will probably never come up:
Shaena knew she was pregnant already, and Taylor knew as well. Taylor used the pregnancy in her bargaining to get her to take a break from Alex. Shaena would have told Kaity at some point, obviously, but she knows what Kaity is like, and doesn't want to be dragged into another argument over her relationship with Alex right now.

20 comments:

  1. Kaity,you are such an idiot,YOU LOVE WINTER! We all know it.
    But she's are a lovable idiot. I'm so happy about the coming Winter babies. LOL, I guess if they are a mix between Winter's cold and Kaity's heat, they will be just the right temperature. (Yes, I'm assuming it's multiples in there.)
    Poor Shae, though. I mean, maybe she's happy, but having Alex's kid could just tie her to him. Even if she finally wanted to leave, it's harder to get rid of the father of your kid, legally,unless he's abusive. Which he is, but you need so much proof to get restraining orders and such.

    I love the promise they all made at the end. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! *sigh* she keeps on convincing herself, though. And she will probably never admit she had any feelings for him at all, because she's stubborn like that.
      Haha! Yes, the right temperature, definately. And I hope it's not :S I've got some stuff planned in the story that probably wouldn't work/be easy to do if she has multiples. She'll give birth next time I'm in-game, so we'll see.

      It could go either way, really with Shaena. I just added in a note I meant to put in before I published; Taylor and Shaena both knew she was pregnant before, and that's how Taylor got her to stay at Kaity's. Probably saying something along the lines of "If he hits you again he could make you miscarry"
      But, you're right. This makes a permenant tie, meaning Shaena and Alex will pretty much have to see each other even if Shae did stay with Kaity permenantly.

      Me too :) It shows how good friends they all are. And, Bonnie and Shaena have raised Kaity's twins as much as she has.

      Delete
  2. This is the Mattell family we're talking about here. Of course its goanna be a multiple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, probably. But, I've not had two sets of multiples in one generation yet. That has happened in an old game I had. Twin boys, followed by twin girls, followed by triplets (BBG). That was a crowded house. But they had the fertility treatment thing, I haven't used that in my legacy, they're just super-fertile on their own :p

      Delete
  3. Driving me nuts that I don't know the marital status so I can't guess as to whether or not Kaity will hook up with Winter. Please, tell me that's not the last we've seen of him. She's in love denial!

    Wow, all three ladies preggers, and she has a vision about Shae being away from that creepazoid Alex. :) Hopefully, that wasn't just her over for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and now I want popcorn. Thanks. :P

      Delete
    2. HAHA!!! :p

      It's not the last we've seen of him. He'll be in it plenty when he finds out he has a child. That's all I'm saying *zips mouth*

      Well, she did say it was the twins birthday, so I'd assume there is a party to go along with it. But, there's no way of knowing until her vision comes true, is there? If it even does come true. One tiny hair out of place could change the future, and Shaena might not even be there on the twins birthday! Who knows?!

      Marital structure will be revealed soon. I hope. I had hoped to have all the rolls revealed by this point, but it hasn't worked out like that... Sorry!

      Delete
    3. *claps hands* yay! Kaity needs someone.

      Yeah, I thought of that, so I realize it's still up in the air.

      I'll live. You're the only one that knows the rest of the roll on my Rose legacy unless you told someone but that's okay. I'm going to reveal it only when I feel like it won't destroy the mystery. :)

      Delete
    4. Donny rolled 'Harem", right? I KNEW it.

      Delete
    5. Yes, he rolled Harem and 24 children. I don't envy those rolls ;)

      I have actually completely forgotten the rolls... I'm off to facebook to read through my messages hehe! I forgot you even told me, actually...
      So take that as a 'I've not told anyone'.

      And the 'not destroying the mystery' is the whole reason I've not revealed it yet. There is another sim who has been living in the house the entire generation, as per the rules, and I'm sure people have worked it out, but maybe not? It's obvious to me because I know. HAHAAA!

      Delete
  4. Yay! Winter baby(ies)! I'm glad Shaena has decided to stay away from Alex, if only for a while, I just hope he doesn't use the kid as a means of keeping her and controlling her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not you too! LOL! If she has multiples again I'm blaming you guys :p

      Yes, it shows she's seen some sense. Or Taylor has pointed something out. She's got a lot of thinking to do, and Kaity will have plenty of hours in the day to try and convince her...

      Delete
  5. Three pregnant at once, how exciting! We had that happen in my family once, 3 aunts were pregnant at the same time, so I have 3 cousins who are very close in age, lol It's fun. =)

    Yay for a *Winter* baby! It could be triplets, then Kaity will have popped out the last remaining children she can have, lol 5 kids, 2 pregnancies. :P

    I'm glad that Shae is away from Alex, the longer she isn't under his influence, the better for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. This is the second time I've done this this generation! When Kaity was pregnant with the twins, Rose was pregnant too, and so was Layla (Luis' wife). I don't have SP installed right now, so I'm having to inject life into the town on my own :p
      That's so cool! I'm 4 years older than my oldest cousin! Me and both my sisters were born before any of my aunts got pregnant. We don't live that close, and they almost all had boys, so I don't think I missed out too much ;)

      Wooo!! But seriously? If she has multiples I'm blaming all you guys for giving her the idea! I might go in and turn the chances of multiples down. They're not set very high anyway, I'm just cursed.

      I agree. Hopefully she can stay away for long enough for Kaity to make her realise what he's like.

      Delete
  6. First thought--they're all pregnant! I can't remember who the one lady is though? Not Shae or Kait, but the other one. Oh. Bonnie? Girls night in sounds fun =) Been a long time since I did anything like that.

    Oh so Bonnie's a mind-reader? Well then, Kaity may as well talk about the conference, as Bonnie will know anyway! It's not like she did anything to be ashamed of...she's not ashamed of Winter, is she?

    Oh that's a cute pose of Bonnie leaning on Shae while they're waiting for Kaity to spill the news!

    "Are you an idiot?" haha I like Bonnie.

    Oh. Why does it feel so ominous to pledge to raise each other's kids if something happens to one... Shae being pregnant by that creep can't be a good thing...

    On the other hand, YAY WINTER BABIES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA!!
      Sorry, you trying to remember Bonnies name is funny. This is why I put some pics of recurring friends up on the 'family history' tab.
      Anyway, the girls night in thing just sort of happened. I invited them over to do the vision reveal scene, and it just happened to be a full moon, and Bonnie just happened to go watch TV, and it was a black and white movie... And then I had to get pose-codes to do it properly :p

      Yes, she's a vampire so she has all the usual vampy powers. She can't read Kaity's mind because of the whole psychic thing, but she can read Kaity well just from being her friend for so long.
      Hm... I don't think she's ashamed of him, she just doesn't want to think about him because then she might accidentally realise that she loved him.

      Hehe! I like Bonnie too. She's a totally different person to Shaena, and Kaity needs them both. Shaena is calm, and a total pushover, where as Bonnie is self-confident, headstrong, but kind and friendly, too. Without both of them in her life, Kaity would be even more off the rails than she is now!

      Hmm... It does, doesn't it.... >:)
      *ahem*

      Yaaaaaayyyy! Winter babY. Just one, please.

      Delete
  7. Winter baby on the way! Yippee! So glad to see that we'll get to see more of him. He will be back to raise this one right? Right???

    Oh my goodness though. So you'll have two babies and two pregnancies going on in the house. Who's going to have twins to make the five? I'm only counting four there. Or will Winter be back to give us another one?

    Oh Shaena. Please please please let her stay away from Alex. Please. I'm really hoping baby forces her to really look at the situation as it is and stay away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey bitch, you're late.
      LOL! I'm sorry. I just ate a lot of chocolate.
      Sorry!! *hugs* :p

      Yes, it would appear that Winter is the father. Winter isn't the deadbeat sort, so if he finds out about the baby/s then he'll stick around, no matter what commitments he has elsewhere.

      Well, who knows?! Babys next chapter, so we'll find out then.
      Winter... Well... I can't exactly tell you that, that would be cheating ;)

      If the baby doesn't, Kaity will. Unless, of course, there's something else keeping her away? She's been there nine months now, so I guess we'll see what happens when the baby/s born.

      Delete
  8. YAY FOR WINTER BABIES!! I sincerely hope Shaena will get her life back on track for her child, and stay away from Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All three girls pregnant! I'm glad she shared the vision with them. I have a feeling though, that knowing she's pregnant won't make Shaena give up on her relationship with Alex.

    I wonder if Winter will have a vision about Katie too! I hope it's not over between them. Even though she's denying it, she's so in love with him!

    ReplyDelete