Saturday 15 June 2013

4.15 Genie



"Jaydean." Kaity stated.
"Sorry, mummy! I didn't mean to, I told him to-"
"Inside, please. Go play with Soph." Jaydean nodded and ran inside. Kaity and Winter stood in silence for a while, Kaity had no idea what to say, Winter didn't either. He'd just found out Kaity had another baby, and he had no idea if it was his, or how to ask.

 The staring got a bit much for Winter after a while, and he looked away while Kaity continued to take him in. He looked good in jeans and a vest, she'd only seen him in a suit or... well, a lot less at the conference.

Seeing the repairwoman out of the corner of her eye, she took his hand and shook it.
"Nice to meet you, you must be the nanny." She said loudly. She couldn't trust anyone. The tabloids had been plastered with her face, calling her all sorts of names because she was an unwed mother, which in this day and age seemed silly. She didn't want Winter dragged into it.
"What?" He looked confused.
"Come in, I'll show you around." She walked off to the house, pushing past the repairwoman who was still staring, and Winter hesitated a little before he followed.

"What was that about?" Winter asked once inside. He looked hurt.
"Sorry, I can't handle many more rumours right now. A nanny was the first thing I could think of, and I don't think it worked anyway. Someone probaby got a picture, I'd expect the headlines will say you were a paedophile praying on my daughter and I invited you in because I love dangerous criminals who threaten my family." Kaity rolled her eyes and sighed.
"That's a long headline..." Winter stated, looking at his surroundings for the first time.

"This is... Uh... Very pink..." Kaity smiled at his overwhelmed expression.
"I like pink. And until two weeks ago, it was all girls in this house." She hinted, hoping he could work out the time frame without her having to say the words.

"Is he mine?" Winter asked, and Kaity did everything to avoid looking at him. She couldn't work out why she felt so guilty. She was nervous, but felt safe too. She felt like she'd known Winter her entire life, and like he'd never left her side, but at the same time it felt new and exciting. Winter was in her house. In her dining room, commenting on her tastes in interior design, and asking about her kids... Their son.
"Yes." Kaity replied, suddenly realising she'd done what she did so much at the conference, and got lost in her own thoughts.

"Can I see him?" Kaity made eye contact for a second, but it was so uncomfortable that they both immediately looked to the floor. It wasn't bad uncomfortable, it was distracting. And there was much to be said before they got distracted.
"Of course." Neither of them made a move for the stairs, though.

"Look. I'm sorry. I should have tried harder to find you. I've just been so busy with the twins and Shaena. Shaena and Bonnie were pregnant as well, so we've had no free time because we've been decorating and-"
"Hey, it's ok. I'm here now, and I'm not going anywhere."

"What? What do you mean you're not going anywhere?" Kaity was confused. She'd imagined seeing Winter again before, but never thought he might stay.
"Well, I have a son now. I'll start looking for a house tomorrow."
"Looking for a house?" This just wasn't sinking in.
"Well... Are you asking me to move in?" Winter asked, confused as she was now.

"What? No!" Kaity recoiled in horror. And then realised that was incredibly rude and so plastered a smile on her face instead.
"I didn't think so, so I'll look for a house and move here."
"But... But what about the city? All your jobs? The travelling?" Kaity couldn't understand how someone could throw their whole life away and move just like that.
"I don't care about any of that, Kaity, I want to be here. I have a family now." He was smiling wider than she'd ever seen. It suited him.

Kaity couldn't help but throw her arms around him, and was happy that he returned the hug.

They were interrupted by the repairwoman screaming.
"Oh my gaard! A baybee!"
Confused, Kaity opened her eyes, and was shocked by the scene infront of her.

Baby Autumn was lying on the floor at the repairwoman's feet. His magic dust seemed to have changed colour, and he had a cheeky grin on his face. His first smile.

"Well, Winter. This is Autumn, your son." Kaity said calmly, like a two week old infant teleporting itself around the house was an everyday occurance. In reality she was shell shocked. "He's a... Oh," she blushed. "I can't remember what you are, but he's one of them."
"A genie." Winter smiled. "I don't think he is. Genie babies don't teleport."
"Well, I have both fae and witch magic in my blood, so maybe he's a mix."

She stood up, and the repairwoman took a sudden interest in framing the baby with her hands.
"Could you leave, please? You're not being very helpful." Kaity snapped before opening the door for the woman. Winter looked a little surprised at her rudeness, but she didn't care.

Then it sunk in.
Winter is here. In my house. I'm holding his baby, our baby. And he's staying. He's moving to town to be with me.

...Oh my God. What the hell do I do? 





Yeah, so Kaity and Winter didn't hardly know each other, because Winter just moved to town. So the handshake made me laugh, and so I wrote it in.
They they were both SO awkward in the house, and kept looking away from each other. Made me lol, so I wrote it in.
The Autumn teleported himself downstairs, and the repairwoman was all "ew, somebody pooped", and so I wrote it in.
I got the point across that I was going for, with some extra's that the sims did themselves :p
And.. My God. Is this a happy chapter?! All the way through?!
I feel sick. Best make the next one extra sad/dramatic ;)
(Oh, and sorry about the samey pictures in the conversation. Winter wouldn't stop grinning. Guess he was real happy about being a dad.)

19 comments:

  1. That *is* a long headline, lol. Too funny that's the first things they say to each other. Winter must indeed have a hundred thoughts buzzing in his head already, hearing Kaity's just had another baby, then to be called a nanny =D

    BEFORE they get distracted? hehe. He's not there five minutes and she's already getting him in bed :P LMFAO the whole house conversation. Well Kaity did you really think he wouldn't want to be near his son?

    NO NO NO, NO SAD OR DRAMATIC. You wouldn't want to hurt Winter, would you? ::pokes:: WOULD you? >:|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaaaa :p Yes, how confusing this all must be to poor Winter! She said she was famous, but I don't think he quite believed how swamped with paps she was. (Of course, she's gone from two stars to three and a half since the conference)
      Wonder if the papers will call him a nanny? :p

      LOL! Well, you know Kaity! She's never had a relationship, so doesn't quite know how to act when someone comes to see her for something other than a 'booty call'

      Hey! *rubs arm*
      Who said Winter would have any involvement in the drama?! Are you forgetting there's a psycho wife-beater who we've not seen for a while? ;)

      Delete
  2. The handshake was brilliant. "We spent a few days casually sleeping together but we still retain our classy business layer" and they genuinely look awkward around each other.
    Roll on the depression and misery :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahaa Yea, I thought so too :p
      They'd been chatting on the phone loads since they 'met' (the house next door to this one is where I dump anyone I want as extras. There's about 12 sims in there and it's only a one bed!) but obviously not enough to stop the handshake. Bonnie just walks in, and she's about the only one who comes over at the moment, so I'm not used to having to greet sims!
      They do, don't they! Played along just right. They got to watch TV for a few hours for that. Good little simmies.

      Oh, don't you worry, there's plenty of it on the way! :p

      Delete
  3. I loved the awkward shyness. It was kind of perfect, because all they knew of each other before was in a hotel where they were both away from home. So it must have been weird for both of them, meeting at her house, and him learning for the first time about his son.
    But I'm glad Winter is back and wants to be part of Kaity and Autumn's life.
    I can just imagine the changes to Kaity's life, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *throws confetti*
      This is my 1000th comment! Congratulations! You win... A mystery box when I next go in game. :p

      It was pretty perfect. The conference isn't like being at home. Like, if you ever had a holiday romance, it's really awkward if you see them at home. It's like two seperate lives.
      But, yeah, poor Winter! What a day! :p

      Well, he doesn't seem like the deadbeat type! I think Kaity knew he'd want to stick around, but assumed he'd just be staying over a few nights at a time before going back to his nomad sort of life (also, thanks guys, now I have to decide what Winters jobs were, and what he'll do here in SV...)
      Haha, yes, I don't think Kaity thinks much will change right now, but she's still denying that she feels anything for him, so she could be in for a few changes ;)

      Delete
  4. I love it when they handshake! I wish they'd do it all the time for greetings. Hmmm. Ideas. Anyway, Poor Winter! Here I am all happy he's back and sticking around and bless him. He's probably a muddled mess! But Squeeeeeeee! So glad Winter is sticking around! Yays!!! A million yays!

    Kaity, lol. Thinking on her feet while even she's not quite thinking straight. Ha! I also loved how quick she was to say 'no you're not living with me!' Then finally gets the thought that it's 'their' baby. lol. Poor confused Kaity. At least she seems less confused than that repair woman though, yikes! Talk about incompetence!

    Also, Autumns 'magic dust' changed color again. Maybe it's only a certain color for Kaity? And when will we get to see Bonnie's baby?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, first handshake one the generation, 'cus Bonnie just walks in because she's pretty much like family, and has her own key (well, that's what I'm assuming. She's walked in at 2am before when everyone was in bed. She got some plasma juice from the fridge, left the empty carton on the table then went home. LOL! Was so weird...)

      Hehe, she's used to that now, and yes, the 'ew no! You're not moving in!!" thing was because of tha picture. She looks so disgusted! Glad Winter wasn't offended by that.
      (Oh, it didn't make any pictures, but there was a paparazzi lurking on the porch when 'we' came inside. Outside the window next to Kaity. He kept peeping in :'( )
      That repairwoman... Just LOL! She did actually fix the sink while K and W were talking, and the reason she was hovering outside before was 'cus Jaydean was blocking the door (you can just see the purple behind K), and then when the baby thing happened, she wanted to leave but there was a baby in the way. The route-failing and 'Ew, smelly' noises were what alerted me to his presence. But, yes... Incompetent! :p

      It only changed colour because of the background. It just looked a different colour against the floor. Who knows, though :p
      Uh, Well, right now she (yes, she) looks kinda like the rest of the burritos, so I'll probably wait until toddler stage. There's no point in introducing a blanket with a head, so as long as I mention that she had a baby.... Oh.. I haven't... Next chapter, I shall write in that Bonnie had a baby. :p

      ...Long comment! :S

      Delete
  5. Ah.. eh... ooooooooo! Eeeeeeeeeee! Yay! *hops up n down in computer chair making silly, strange, happy, girlie noises*

    It's just that he's there! And she's there! And Autumn is... appearing out of thin air! And she's happy he's there! Its wonderful!
    Too awkward. I get they're'real' relationship level was low, but I needed to see some smoochies! :-)

    I hope Jaydean isn't off crying thinking she's in trouble.

    He's buying a house!
    Yay!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe *joins in*

      Yes, Autumn can teleport. Nope, I don't know why either. Kinda hoping it stops when he ages up :|
      Haha :p They could smoochie, actually. I think they did. I didn't take a picture if I did make them kiss, though. (The attraction system made me laugh. Winter and Kaity got attracted, and then Kaity got attracted to the repairwoman when she fixed her sink, too :p)

      Oh, I hadn't thought of that... :|
      Nah, she's fine. (http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f119/kezpez/Mattell%20legacy/Screenshot-67_zps6b35cf03.jpg) playing with her sister as she was told :)

      Hehe :D He's here to stay! Woooo!

      Delete
  6. I liked the way they were so awkward around each other, it felt right given the surprises they'd each had and the fact that they'd actually only known each other for a few days and in a different situation.

    I also love the teleporting baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes, it seemed fitting. Circumstances are very different to when they first met, and Kaity isn't as relaxed as she was at the conference because she's got kids coming out her ears! LOL

      Me too! Haha, I hope he stops doing it when he ages up, because it's funny when he's a baby, but it won't be if I'm shooting scenes with him as an adult and he starts teleporting away... :p

      Delete
  7. Funny headline! I love how Kaity tried to throw off any would be paparazzi that may be lurking by---all it seemed to do was throw Winter off a little bit, lol

    Winter took the news that he was the baby's father pretty well, and now he has all these plans. It'll be fun to see how Kaity deals with all of that, especially while she is still denying that she feels anything for him. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thankyou. Yes, she's a little paranoid about paparazzi, and I don't think Winter expected that at all!

      I think Winter was still a little in shock, don't think its really sunk in that hes a father, but it'll be great that he's around to help Kaity raise him. And, yes, of course it'll be hilarious watching Kaity attempt to deny her feelings like a stubborn child :P

      Delete
    2. Funny how scatterbrained I am---I somehow missed the two previous chapters---I say, it makes a little more sense when you read things in order, lol

      My one lone little brain cell has been working extra hard lately, lol :P

      Delete
  8. I've been meaning to leave a comment since the weekend, but I kept getting sidetracked.

    Anyway, I loved this update so much.

    Winter and Kaity totally melt my heart. And I love Winter's sense of humor and personality. Good choice there, moving closer to be with his son.

    I laughed at the long headline, those were my thoughts too.

    A baby teleporting must have been a very strange sight for everyone.

    Enjoyed very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, its fine. I do that too. If I don't read on my laptop then I don't comment (hate typing on the tablet/phone) and then end up forgetting until I go back to see if the author has replied to my comment :P

      Thankyou :) yes, everyone lives Winter hehe! He was only going to appear in the conference but then everyone kept begging for him to come back, so here he is!

      Baby teleporting happened in-game, so I wrote it in. He's done it a couple more times (glitchy crib, I think) but not at a point to write it in. I'm hoping it stops when he ages because it could get pretty annoying...

      Next one tomorrow :)

      Delete
  9. Winter and Kaity are absolutely adorable. I'm so glad is will be staying, and I can't wait to see more of them. I wonder what baby Autumn will grow up to be?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely loved this chapter! They were so cute, acting all awkward, but so very happy to be together again.

    That repair woman cracked me up! "Aw my gaad a baabee!" Autumn thought they were taking too long for him to meet his Daddy!

    Winter's reaction just melted my heart! "I want to be here. I have a family now."

    ReplyDelete