Wednesday 19 June 2013

4.16 Hurt

Caution: Alot of awful photo-editing.
Very violent. Probably more than is acceptable for PG.

Kaity couldn't sleep. She didn't want to. Sleeping would be admitting to herself that this wasn't a dream, that this really happened. She didn't understand how things could go from perfect to this so quickly. She kept telling herself it was just a vision, but the cuts on her cheek and stomach proved otherwise.

She'd pretended she was asleep when a babies cries sounded over the baby monitor, she couldn't bear to move. Winter must've known, but he'd got up anyway as she'd laid, listening to his soft cooing through the monitor. The memories of the day plaguing her mind and bringing tears once again.

***

Shaena returned home after seeing Alex. Without the baby. Kaity had been worried at first, until Shaena explained she'd not taken Joshua today, she'd gone with other intentions. She looked shaken, but happy for the first time in years.
"What's up?" She'd asked, hoping, praying that she was right.
"I ended it with Alex. For good." Shaena forced a smile, and a tear escaped her eye as Kaity threw her arms around her in a tight hug, jumping around, pulling her off the floor and spinning her. This was the best day of her life, bar two - her kids' births.

 "I knew you could do it. I knew you'd see in the end!"
She couldn't help but gush with happiness. Everything was so right. She had three perfect children, two best friends, one of whom had finally listened to her, and Winter was here.

She'd invited Bonnie and her daughter, Elise, over to celebrate and meet Winter, and the alcohol had flowed freely. They ended up infront of the TV in the late evening after the children were all sleeping.

 Shaena was drunk. Awfully so. She looked like she might either throw up or break down crying at any moment. Bonnie, unaffected by alcohol due to being a vampire, was gently teasing her about it. Being careful what she said due to the sensitive day their friend had just had. And Kaity just wanted to go upstairs.

His gentle touch on her upper thighs sent chills up and down her body. She'd forgotton just how cold he was, and how good that felt.

Shaena kept attempting to comment on either the TV show or Kaity's state, even though compared to her, Kaity seemed sober. Her words didn't really make it out, they just came out as a slurred jumble, making Bonnie laugh at her even more.

Bonnie wouldn't let up. Her mother had died a little under a week ago, and she'd been a bit down, but she was really on form that night, everything she said made the others giggle or laugh hysterically. Until the doorbell went.
"That'll be the pizza!" She'd chirped, jumping up. "I'll get it, guys. There's no way Shae can stand, and if you tried to get up, Kait, I think your panties would be round your ankles."
She'd left the room laughing as much as the others at her own joke.

Winter had said something about how he hadn't thought vampires ate, and Kaity had explained to him that Bonnie got no benefit from food, she just liked the taste.
Then, a scream.

Kaity and Winter immediately jumped up, and Shaena attempted to herself, but fell back into the seat. Kaity beat Winter to the doorway.

All she could remember, was the fear. She'd never been so scared in her life. She couldn't even react as Alex drew the knife and attacked her. She felt the blade go in deep, and was glad she'd already given birth. He twisted it a little and she couldn't even scream, couldn't even breathe.

And then Winter was there.

He kicked Alex out the way, Alex's flailing arm let the knife catch her cheek as he fell.

She wasn't even sure what Winter did, but a cold air filled the room, and purple sparks flew from his hands, pushing Alex out the door, dragging him out to the porch and bouncing his head off the steps as he was pulled to the ground.

She remembered feeling faint, and weak. So weak. As darkness clouded her vision, all she could see was Bonnie.

She wasn't moving.

***

"It should have been me." She whispered to herself. She couldn't even get tears to form anymore. She didn't want to remember any more, but her mind wouldn't let up.

***

The next thing she could remember was waking up in the hospital. She was confused when Winter was there, and nobody else. She attempted to sit up, but he grabbed her hand, stopping her. She stubbornly propped herself up on her elbows, and felt the painful tug of the stitches in her stomach.

"Bonnie?" She asked, her voice was weak and raspy. Winter sighed, and rested a comforting hand on her arm. He didn't have to say a word. She was gone.

She forced herself to sit up, gritting her teeth through the pain. Winter let her. Tears poured down her cheeks, stinging the cut on her face, and great gasping sobs rocked her body. Winter waited, offering a comforting hand on the small of her back.

"What about the children?" She'd managed to breathe out after a few minutes. She felt sick at the thought of where Alex might be, and didn't want to think about that.

"Shaena rang someone called Taylor-"
"My mummy." Kaity nodded, she'd interrupted him, but only to introduce him to her mother.
"She came and took Alex, then called Madison, who I'm gathering is Shaena's mother. She took the babies, including Elise. The twins insisted on coming here with me."

Fresh tears fell as Kaity realised her two little girls had seen all the blood in the entryway. 
"Where's Shae? She's not gone to Alex, has she?" She felt sick just thinking about him, and didn't think she'd survive hearing Shaena had gone to him.
"No. She rode the ambulance with you while I waited with the kids. She's in the waiting area with the twins. We didn't want them to see you like this, and she'd just left your side so I could sit here, when you came to."

Kaity swung her legs over the side of the bed.
"You can't get up, Kaity. You'll pull your stitches."
"Cover for me." She stood, shakily. It really hurt a lot, but she wouldn't admit that.
"You just had surgery! Stay here and I'll get-"
"Cover for me." She snapped as she walked shakily to the waiting room.

Her daughters shell-shocked faces hit her as hard as Shaena's relieved sobs when she saw her.
"Mummy..." Sophie started, she had no words. Nobody did.

"I'm ok, baby." She was crying again. She wasn't sure she'd stopped. She crouched low, ignoring the pain, and pulled her girls into a tight hug. "I'm sorry you had to see that. You never should have seen that, you should never see anything like that. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you." She felt the twins join her as they shook with tears too.

"It will be ok." Jaydean had said as the hug ended, wiping her own tears before her sisters and then her mothers. It only served to make Kaity cry more. Her two baby girls had seen more than anyone should ever see, before they'd even started school, but they were strong. They wouldn't let this taint whatever memories they had of Bonnie, and she wouldn't either.

"I'm so glad you're ok." Was all Shaena could say as they threw their arms around each other. They held each other for a few minutes, just crying, until Winter had pulled her back to the cubicle for a doctor.

***

She was sobbing loudly now. Each vibration tugging at her stitches, reminding her this was real. She was gone and she wasn't coming back.

Winter finished with the baby, and returned to her side. He gently turned her around before wrapping his arms around her.


She could do this. She could move on. If Winter was going to be here, she could be happy again. Not now, not for a while, but it could happen.







I wrote this chapter listening to Johnny Cash if anyone wanted to know. The chapter is named after the first (and best) song in that video, 'Hurt'. <3 :'(

25 comments:

  1. : (

    That is all.

    Alex can stay in jail now, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry!

      Uh, yeah, I don't think he'll get out of this too easily, don't worry.

      Delete
  2. I just want to cry with Kaity.

    That Alex was trouble from the get go and I knew if given a chance he'd take things too far. I wish he was never given that chance, and I wish he was never a part of their lives to begin with. And now Bonnie's gone. *cries to herself*

    I can't imagine how much more horrible things would have gotten if Winter wasn't around.

    The next few weeks are going to be so hard on everyone, it's a good thing Kaity has a strong support system...and Winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cry away, maybe Winter will give you a cuddle too.

      I'm sorry! *hugs*
      I guess all I can really say, is... At least it's over? Hm, not very comforting, sorry.

      I know! Winter was really a lifesaver here (and my God... I literally stared at that picture of him saving the day for ten minutes after I'd edited it! Wow.), don't even want to think about what would have happened if he wasn't there.

      They are, they'll be tough. It'll get easier as time goes on, and yes, good think Kaity has all these friends and family! Oh, yeah, and Winter ;)

      Delete
  3. Aw, this was so sad. I knew Alex was going to snap at some point, but I thought it would be Shae who'd take the brunt of it, not Bonnie ad Kaity.
    I'm so sad for Bonnie, and I'm glad Winter was there so nothing worse happened. Still, there's lot of wounds to heal, physical and emotional.
    Kaity will really need Winter now, I'm so happy he's there for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well. Alex didn't even know Bonnie would be around. He was hoping for Shae, but he blames Kaity quite a bit for the breakdown of his relationship, so wouldn't have minded if it was her. Didn't expect a genie to magic him away, did he?
      Yes, a lot of healing to be done, hopefully everyone can heal in a healthy way, and remember Bonnie for the good things, not the ending.
      And, hey! Forget about Kaity, what about poor Cortez?! He lost his girlfriend (Summer) and daughter in the same week! Yeah, ok, he's not in the story so it doesn't matter. I'm with you ;)
      Yeah, what would we do without Winter?! He came at just the right time.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment. You always know just what to say...

      LOL! I'll put this down to shock ;) *hands tissue*

      Delete
    2. There.was.a.murder.in.the.Mattell.blog. Ken and Barbie are rolling in their graves (Or their dead save whichever). Of course it's shock! Geez! Alex went balls to the wall ape and even Kaity gets knifed and Winter knocks that a$$holes head around on the pavement and the kids saw it and OMG Gemma!

      Delete
    3. :| Sorry!! There's a reason behind this senseless violence! Maybe I can reveal those rolls, eh?
      Ken and Barbie are rolling in the void of nothingness. I've deleted their dead save now, (I did so after gen 2 was finished) so they're nowhere. Poor things. I guess they don't know, though!

      The kids only saw the aftermath, otherwise I think they'd be wrecks. Poor babies :( *hugs my twins*

      Delete
    4. Weird, I already replied to this...

      Ken and Barbie are rolling in the void of nothingness (did you just get 'rolling in the deep' in your head? I did.). I deleted their save after gen 2 was finished. At least they don't know!

      There is a reason behind all this senseless violence, like... Maybe I could reveal the final rolls?

      Delete
    5. Found my other comment!!!!

      In my spam box?! Sorry, blogger, what?! You think I'm spam on my own blog?! :|

      But, hey. There you go. Have both for keeps.

      Delete
  5. Oh no! Bonnie! *cries*

    I hope Alex gets locked up for good and they throw away the key!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I think he'll have a hard time getting out of this one. As Winter said, Taylor came to the scene, and saw the destruction. As much as she shouldn't have, because she's related, she's the most trustworthy copper in town, so she'll get a conviction easily. Plus, (I didn't mention this) Alex was laying unconcious, knife in hand, covered in both Bonnie and Kaity's blood when she got there. There's no denying that!

      Delete
  6. Oh god. This won't end well. Kaity's got scratches on her, and is reflecting on Shae telling her she ended it with Alex... Kaity wouldn't be remembering this scene like this if it ended well.

    Cozy scene on the couch =)

    ::lets out a deep breath:: Ok. Ok. I'm sad for Bonnie, but I'm so glad it wasn't Shae. Is that selfish? And thank the gods Winter was there, or it could've been Kaity too.

    What an awful thing for the kids to see. Heartbreaking. We all lose our innocence sometime, but they're still so young, and to see violence that killed their "aunt" and almost their mother...gah.

    I'm so glad she's got Winter to be there for her right now. I hope she doesn't push him away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! I was looking forward to this comment, because it isn't obvious what's going to happen at the beginning :)

      No, I agree. I'm very attached to Shaena, I liked Bonnie quite a bit too, and I feel bad about killing her, but she's served her purpose and given me an heir in my side-legacy. Unfortunately, Bonnie was the friend who stood up to Kaity. Shae is a bit of a pushover, and although she'll argue a little, she won't stop Kaity from doing stupid things. Bonnie was the one who managed to drag Kaity off Alex that night at the club, and got her home. Lets just hope Winter can take her place, but I worry that he doesn't know her well enough to realise she needs someone to tell her 'no'.

      Yes, I felt bad about that. In all honesty, I hadn't thought about the fact that the twins would have had to see the scene that was left behind. I thought about it being cleaned up already, but the police would have needed it for evidence, and I didn't want it to have been days before the kids got out of bed! Lets hope Winter and Taylor were able to sheild their eyes from the worst of it as they left the house. Either way, they're quite strong for their age. They've seen endless 'boyfriends' in various amounts of clothing, and while sex isn't the same as murder, they're mentally and emotionally older than they are physically.
      Of course, it'll still have a big effect on them. Hopefully Winter can be a steady father figure to them, because Kaity sure won't be the best mother while she's grieving!

      And yes, Winter. He arrived just at the right time! Just hours before this all happened, what would we do without him?
      My hope is, that for this grieving period he'll be understanding and realise she doesn't mean what she says. They have that odd connection anyway, and he can sense her feelings through those markings. That should help.

      Delete
  7. Oh wow.
    I wonder where Alex is. I wish Winter had killed him with that ominous sound his head made as he went down the stairs.
    Um, is it wrong for me to think that Winter was totally hot doing that like he did? Dude's got powers.... and he looked ultra mega pissed off.
    I'm glad he's there for her. So glad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed so hard. "that ominous sound his head made" - just lol.

      No, Winter didn't kill him. He was unconcious for at least long enough for Taylor to get to him, although she likely had to have him visit the hospital for legal reasons, I can confirm that he is in custody.

      NO! Omg, I just stared at that picture for so long!! It was all normal, then I edited it... It must be the lighting... Just... Phwoar!!! (There's a hilarious outtake, btw. I had them both looped on animations waiting for them to line up right, and got a hilarious one)

      Yes, I don't know what would be going on right now without Winter! I have no doubt that Alex would have killed Kaity, and who knows what he'd've done to Shaena! Or the kids! Doesn't bear thinking about. Just glad he was there in time for that, and that he'll be there to help her through this.

      Delete
  8. Poor Bonnie. RIP

    Well, at least Shae had wised up to Alex before all this happened, I hope she doesn't beat herself up over it too badly.

    I'm glad that Kaity is okay, and Winter really shined. <3

    I feel bad for the twins, they have definitely had an unconventional childhood. It'll be interesting to see how all of that affects them when they get older.

    I hope Alex rots in jail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a great chapter. So sorry to see Bonnie die. That was really sad. =/ I hope this time they will keep Alex in jail, where he belongs. Winter was his sweet, supportive self as always. Those poor twins though! They have seen and had to deal with a lot over their short lives.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So well written! I had tears in my eyes. It had crossed my mind that maybe after he became a father, Alex might change. He did, but not for the better! What a horrible, cruel thing to do! If Winter hadn't been there, who knows who all Alex would have killed. He might even have gone after the girls and the baby. He was a totally twisted man! I hope they throw him UNDER the jail!

    I hope that Shaena doesn't feel guilty. This wasn't her fault in anyway! So sad that Bonnie is dead now and the girls had to see it. At least they know for sure that their mommy survived. I'm glad that they all have Winter to help them get through this. So very, very sad!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So I finally got un-busy and just started reading again and I was so happy but now I'm so sad! Gemly! :'(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awh, this was just too sad. :(

    ReplyDelete