Wednesday 28 August 2013

4.26 Stone Pillar


"Yeah, so this is it. The thing that gave me wings and markings, and made me boiling hot." Kaity felt strangely powerful standing back in the spot where it had all happened, all those years ago. She stared at the blue sapphire 'eyes' of the carved face, and she could swear she saw a spark of life in them. That was impossible, though, it was just an ancient stone pillar that had popped out of the ground a decade or so ago. "Have you seen one before?" Kaity spoke after the couple had been silent for a while, breaking the uneasy tension in the air.

"No." Winter stated. He looked lost in thought, just staring at the pillar.
"Do you want me to show you how I touched it? Would that help?"
"No, Kaity. If it did this to you, I'm not letting you touch it again. Who knows what it'd do this time. I'll need to do some research before we can work out what it is and how it works."

Winter stroked his chin as he re-scanned the pillar's markings with his eyes.
"What you thinking?" Kaity asked, unable to tear her eyes from the pillar to look at him. She was starting to get a headache.

 "I was wondering." He stopped, took a deep breath and turned to face Kaity slightly. "I was wondering if you could sense its power source?"
"Its power source? Like, as in that thing you told me about my power source with the markings? The water, air, earth, fire thingy thing?"
"Elements, yes, sort of. More like what..." He sighed, trying to ponder his wording.

"More like how you knew Autumn got his magic from me. What breed of magic, if you will."
"Oh. Uhm..." Kaity tried to focus on the pillar, but she couldn't get any kind of reading. With Autumn it had been automatic, he'd felt foreign, and at first she thought she'd somehow bought the wrong baby home. "I don't know. It just feels like nothing. Maybe it's just a normal stone and the magic was just stored in there somehow-" Kaity abruptly stopped herself as she started to form an idea. Winter didn't notice, and stepped forward for a closer look.

"Winter, if I can't go any closer-"
"I'm not going to touch it. You might be right, you know. It just looks like a hunk of stone. Like a stoneage totem pole, or something."
"With creepy eyes." Kaity mumbled, barely loud enough for Winter to hear.
"Yes, the eyes are a bit... strange..."

Kaity joined Winter a few paces closer. "I don't like it. It feels like it's watching us."
"I don't feel it." Winter said, glancing at Kaity and seeing she was staring, mesmerised into the sapphires. "Do you feel like it's telling you to do something?"
"Yes. It feels like it's a part of me, and I'm scared." Kaity finally broke her gaze from the stone face, and turned to leave. "We should go before it succeeds in drawing me in."

 Winter grabbed her arm and spun her back round to face the pillar, pulling her to him. "Call me stupid, but maybe you should do whatever it's telling you to. At least I'm here this time, and while I know nothing about it, I should be able to feel anything bad before it gets to the stage anywhere near what it did before."
"Winter, it wants me to connect. Like you do with wifi on your phone, not actually touch it, but form a connection. What if I can't disconnect from it? What if it drains my power and uses it to destroy the world?" Winter breathed a laugh.
"You don't have enough power to destroy the world, but I know where you're coming from. Lets go."

 "I don't feel like leaving. I feel... peaceful. I'm scared to hell, but I feel safe too. Does that make sense?"
"Not at all." Winter kissed her temple, before pulling her to a nearby bench which faced away from the stone pillar.

"You need to stop looking at it for a bit. I think it's influencing you some how, and hopefully not looking at it will clear that up." Kaity smiled at him, already starting to feel a little more clearheaded, even though she hadn't realised she'd felt any different before.
"Thank you. How are you so clever?"

Winter laughed and scooted over.
"You're clever too, just in different areas."
"Yeah, in stuff I don't care about, or that doesn't affect me. I don't even understand my psychicism and I do that for a job!" Winter smiled at her new word.

"You know more than you realise." He replied cryptically, leaning in to kiss her.
"Oi, you! Don't you know I've been drugged by a stone pillar? You're taking advantage of a lady in my situation?" Kaity grinned.
"I'm sorry, m'lady." Winter winked, playing along with her silly game. "That was my plan all along. I thought I could drag you out to the top of this hill, and then if the views didn't work I knew the pillar would."
"Shuttup and kiss me you idiot." Kaity demanded.

And so they kissed for a while, enjoying the warm air and peace and quiet of the countryside. They didn't really care if the paparazo saw them up here. Something had changed in Kaity when they started officially going steady, and while she'd rather be left in peace, she just didn't care what the papers said anymore.

"I'll do it." She said, pulling back quickly and surprising herself.
"You'll do what?" Winter asked, confused.
"What the stone wants me to. I want to. I want to help you understand it better."
"Kaity, I was going to take a small scraping of the stone or something, I don't want you to do anything that dangerous."
"It won't be dangerous. The worst it can do at this stage is drain my powers, and that wouldn't be so bad..."
"Except it might kill you. I'm not letting you do it."
"You're not my boss, though, so I don't care what you're going to 'let' me do. I'm doing it." She protested, throwing his arm off her shoulder and storming over to the stone pillar again. Winter sighed, and stood what he deemed a safe distance away, but close enough to rush over if he needed to.

 "Kaity, I really don't think you should-"
"I don't care what you think I should do." She retorted, inside she was battling with herself, trying to fight the impulsive urges to say things that would make Winter leave for good. She was shocked he'd stuck her out this long...
"Kaity, it's watching you." Winter's firm voice broke her thoughts.

Kaity wasn't really sure what to do, so she raised her arms the way Rose had tried to show her to use her witch magic. She'd never got the hang of witchcraft, and could barely summon an apple with her wand, let alone cast some kind of spell with her bare hands.

She was shocked when bolts of blue and purple magic flowed from her hands and into the stone. It was as if the pillar was sucking her magic out, though she felt strangely energised.

Winter watched as the pillar began to shake, its deep blue sapphire eyes glowing green and an odd blue mist began to engulf it.
"Kaity! Stop!" He shouted, worried that it might fall and crush her.

"I can't! I don't know how!" She shouted back, as a loud clap of thunder echoed off the mountains, the once cloudless sky filling with dark, omimous clouds.

Winter was suddenly at her side, pulling her into his arms as luminous green rain began to fall, the colour of the drops matching the new colour of the pillars eyes.
"I didn't know how." She whispered, terrified.
"It's ok, it's over now."

 "What does this mean?" She aked, pulling back a little.
"I don't know." He replied. "How do you feel?"
"I feel fine, I don't feel any different. While it was happening I felt powerful, but I couldn't stop myself." She was shaking, and Winter started to lead her back to the car as the green rain subsided and the dark clouds disintergrated.
"It's ok. It's over now." He whispered soothingly, pulling her close.



Yeah, that isn't a pose clipping badly in that last pic, it's EA not accounting for the muscle sliders on the shoulders... Official sliders that came with the actual game, I might add.
I don't know what's going on in the bench scene with Winter's torso (and the trousers... Lets remind ourselves this is PG...). 

23 comments:

  1. Ooh, fascinating! I hope we find out more about the pillar :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure we will :)
      I don't know when, because I have a million billion other things I need to put into this gen too, but it's already shaping up to be pretty long, and it is on my to do list.

      Delete
  2. "and the trousers..."

    Aaaahahahaa.... oh wow... I didn't even notice until you pointed it out. xD

    Curious to see what the consequences of the green rain may be. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!
      No, I did think it might have been one of those things you only see on your own work, but thought I'd point it out as it's good for a laugh ;)

      Hm. Me too... :p I wonder if the whole town had green rain or if it was just over head? Surely someone noticed it and wondered what was going on? Mass panic? :p

      Delete
  3. Yeah, Winter doesn't want Kaity to touch the giant stone phallus again...

    Oh, the tent in the trousers, lmao! That's great.

    Exciting chapter! I can't wait to see what effect this will have on Kaity, Maybe she's not feeling it now, but there must be something going on under there...I do how we get to learn more bout where the pillar comes from.

    Oh, and Kaity being all 'you're not the boss of me!' was classic Kaity.

    As a total aside, the whole time Kaity was feeling compelled to look at the pillar, I kept thinking about Roman fascinu,which are phallus shaped statues and charms. They are meant to ward off the evil eye. Our word 'fascinate' derives from fascinu, because the idea was, the evil eye would see the phallus and not be able to stop staring at it. According a class I took on classical mythology, anyway. =P
    Sorry, that's where my mind was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Course not! She already kissed someone while they were almost dating, he doesn't want her... uh... y'no...

      Haha! Silly EA and their bad meshes.

      Thank you!
      Yes, she's not feeling any different right now, but we have no idea what the long term effects of connecting (like wifi) to a stone phallus, do we? Stone babies? LOL nah...
      We will find out. One day. This generation. Hopefully.

      Wasn't it just? Winter needs to take a course in reverse psychology.

      What a cool random fact! So, Kaity is an evil eye? Hm... I hope that's not some subconcious forshadowing for something! I'll have to research deeper :)

      Delete
    2. LOL, nah, Kaity's not the evil eye. The power of the fascinu works on anyone. Which, if you think about it, if you met someone and they were wearing phallus shaped charm on their neck, you wouldn't be able to stop staring at it, amirite?

      And, yeah, Winter should pick up on some reverse psychology, lol.

      "I'm not letting you leave until you touch the phallus, Kaity."

      Delete
    3. Yeah, you're right! LOL! I know what my next tattoo will be... LOL JK.

      PAhahaaaa!! I couldn't put that in. You'd get too much fun out of it ;)

      Delete
    4. Oh, please, Gemma, whatever you do, don't put it in! Please don't put it in!
      *using reverse psychology*

      Obviously, I'm already having too much fun over here...I blame the weatherstone, it is influencing my mind.

      Delete
    5. LMAO! Maybe you need Winter to swoop in and save you too? ;)

      Delete
  4. LMAO!!!! Funny. I had to scroll up to see his trousers. I didn't notice that at first. Yes, the hand through the shoulder muscle thing is REALLY irritating! c'mon EA! Oh, but I've seen sims 4 no big shock there that they eff something up.

    I think I'm more confused than Kaity is about the stone. I don't like how she was probably influenced to tell Winter to shove off and go home. Winter could sense its power and she couldn't. She could sense Autumn's power because it was different. So, the stone's power is different than Winter's.
    Yeah, I can understand why Winter is worried.
    I have a feeling Kaity is going to go back to the stone solo, and it might not turn out so great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yeah, seems that most people didn't see that first time. I didn't think they would, but I was rolling when I was shooting that scene. Those trousers are EA too, so... Yeah, not getting sims 4! Don't even want to imagine what sims 5 will look like!

      I think everyone is confused about the stone at this point (probably including me...). We have no idea where it came from, what it does, how it changed Kaity the way it did, how it summoned green rain (or was that Kaity?). Kaity couldn't tell what power source it had, but that could just mean it's the same as hers? I mean, that think did give her some extra powers.
      Sorry for any confusion!
      Oh, and Kaity wanting Winter to shove off and go home was part her being annoyed at him trying to boss her around, but her temper was a little shorter than normal.

      Ok... I'll say this now: I'd not even thought about Kaity going back, and I doubt she would. She knows it's dangerous (which is partly why she's never been back before), and she loves her kids and wants to be around to raise them, so I don't think there's any danger there.
      But, you've planted the idea in Kaity's head now, so who knows? ;)

      Delete
    2. putting an idea in Kaity's head: turnabout is fair play :P

      Delete
    3. LOL! Hey! What ideas have I put in whose head? :| :p

      Delete
  5. About the trousers. I've actually read someone complaining about that very problem when they were trying to pose their sim wearing them. It's a problem with the mesh, not that Winter is... excited by graveyards or anything. lol. Oh yeah, chapter...

    Yay for an extra chapter this week!

    Oooh, the weatherstone reappears! But with Winter there this time instead of Shaena. Did Kaity mention how she felt about Autumn when she first had him before in the story?

    Oh, it's trying to get her to do something! I hope she's careful and backs off. Winter has some sense with it and Kaity at least.

    Lol at their playful lovers talk. I'm glad Kaity is settling down and isn't as focused on the tabloids. Her kids need that from her too.

    Oh no, of course she has to go and prove that she can handle that thing again. Though thankfully it doesn't seem to have done anything terrible. Or are there effects we'll just see later on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! They are EA trousers, so I thought it was weird :| I won't use them in future, but he's mainly in his suit anyway, so what his jeans look like seated isn't a major problem.
      Oh, Winter is SO excited by graveyards! Actually, in my head it was because he was near Kaity, but maybe I just tried to make it more innocent. But then, he's a *oops almost revealed his age too soon then* old man, surely he can control himself now?! He's not 13.

      Hehe wooo! This one had a lot of excitement, and made the last one seem boring to me, so I decided to make up for it :) Next one is pretty exciting too, but not so much action.

      Yes, Winter is a safer person to go with than Shaena. Not that Kaity and Shae went there in the first place to look at it, they were there to see Geoffs grave and Kaity got drawn in. (hm, similarites...)
      Uhm.. I don't think she did. I may have cut that scene because it was very wordy, but I think I left in her wondering where his magic came from. (gremlins and some other stuff)

      LOL! Kaity being careful. Kaity backing off. What planet are you on?! Winter could only really play referee in this situation, he couldn't stop her because you know what she's like.

      Hehe. Kaity can be very playful when she's not snapping and going crazy. She is normally a lovely girl, I swear! She just creates drama and that's more fun to write about than a cozy night in. (Oh, wait. Next chapter is a cozy night in... LOL)
      Kaity never really cared what they said, but she did get angry about it when she'd find out. Now she's taken to just not caring at all. She doesn't need anything else to rile her temper up!

      Well, yeah! Would you expect any less? :p
      Well, looks can be decieving. I'm sure either her connecting or that crazy green rain will have some effect on something. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

      (Boy can I ramble? :|)

      Delete
  6. I hope connecting with the stone doesn't have bad affects on Kaity but that was a great scene. I'm also interested in learning more about the stone.

    Idk why I didn't even pay attention to the tent in the trousers at first, then when I went back to look I had a good laugh, so thanks.

    Great chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Well, we can all hope! But, unfortunately, any damage has already been done. We will learn more, hopefully soon, but I've left a lot of stuff from the previous generations that I feel I should explain before I move towns next gen. We'll get there!

      LOL! Not many people did. I guess if you used those trousers before then you'd have seen it. I mainly put that in so people could get a laugh.

      Thank you! :D

      Delete
  7. Well Kaity, I'm not sure it's just a lifeless rock, if it did what it did to you! Sweet, Winter's going to research it. I can't wait to hear what he may find out about it.

    Funnily enough, this is the closet view I've had of the weather stones. I've never gone close to look at them in my own game :D

    Humm. Kaity has a headache; Winter senses nothing from it. And now she says the stone feels like it is a part of her. Very interesting. Could this stone have intentions for her? I'm very glad Winter is there with her. It's weird that just looking at it influences her to a high enough degree that she can sense it.

    Hehe, I smiled at Kaity's new word, too.

    Whoa. That is a seriously cool screen shot of Kaity with the blue and purple magic jagging around her.

    See, she doesn't know how to stop what she's doing. This stone can't be a good thing.

    LMAO! Again, I didn't actually notice Winter's um, trousers. That is TOO funny!

    Thanks for the extra update this week =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Unless what she said was right, and someone put some magic into it. Hm. That sounds almost like a trap... But... Nah. Must be wrong, right? ;) (Wow, that was mean! Sorry!!)

      This is the first time I've interacted with one. Kaity was too young last time. I was surprised about the green rain, and thought the effects were pretty cool. (it actually rained green most of the day after this. I decided that didn't work for me though)

      Yes. A headache. We all know what that means (no, we don't. I don't and I'm writing this.).
      Well. In a way, the stone is a part of her. The fairy part of her (and the pink/white part) came from the stone, so it is kinda like a third parent in a weird way.
      Yes, Winter knows all sorts of stuff about all sorts of things (but not weatherstones, apparently), so he's a safe person to have around in situations like this.
      Who knows what would happen to Kaity if she went alone? She's influence by it and can't stop once she's interacting. Not good.

      I invent words all the time, so I didn't realise 'psychicism' wasn't a real word until I did a spell check on it ;)

      Oh, thank you! I prefer the one after with the cuddles in the neon green rain, but that one is cool too!

      Yes, it's lucky that Winter turning her around stopped whatever she was doing, because that could easily have backfired and killed Winter. He was actually surprisingly stupid just there. (the things we do for love... *soppy sigh*)

      Pahahaaaa Winter loves danger ;)

      It's ok. Maybe you can return the favour? ;) *wiggles eyebrows*

      Delete
  8. I think that the weather stone is a greater good, based off of absolutely nothing except for intuition. Unfortunately, it might have less-than-great effects on Kaity, who is a fairly small part of the entire world. Be careful, Kaity!

    Kaity still has some things to learn about being in a close relationship. She was being very stubbornly individualistic in this chapter. Winter isn't the boss of her, sure, but he cares about her, so she should at least try to address his concerns! Epsilon highly disapproves of her attitude, for the record.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm. I'd not thought of it like that! Maybe it is? I'd not really thought on how the whole world would see it. Guess I have to do that now :p

      Yes, she does. She has no idea how to be a girlfriend lol! I don't think she knows the difference between not wanting someone to do something because you care about their wellbeing, and forcing people to do your will. Hopefully she learns soon. Sorry, Epsilon! She's got a way to go yet, but she's learning. Promise!

      Delete
  9. So she made it rain green rain! I wonder what the significance of that will be!

    Was the statue influencing her thoughts about Winter or was she just fighting her own inner battle?

    It's a good thing that Winter was there with her. I wonder what would have happened if the connection wasn't broken.

    ReplyDelete