Saturday 17 August 2013

4.24 Sleeping



Shaena and Luis were squabbling quietly in the living room of Jakes rented house. He'd thrown a party to celebrate Alex being locked away.

"Winterrrr..." Kaity pleaded.
"Yes?" Kaity had a hold of both his hands, and was gently swaying them while giving him a pleading look with her eyes.
"Please will you come to The Grind with me? I'm bored now and Jake doesn't have any alcohol because the circus doesn't want him drinking."
"Why do you need alcohol to have fun? Most of your family is here, why not stay and catch up with them?" Winter held back a laugh at how desperate she looked to leave.
"Because being drunk is fun. I haven't been drunk in about a bajillion years, so now I want some hot guy to buy me drinks and watch me dance." She grinned. "Come on." She added, without giving him time to answer, "Shae, you coming to The Grind? Drinks are on Winter." Winter laughed at her last comment.
"No, thanks. I think I'm gunna go get the kids in bed. I'm really tired."
"Suit yourself." Kaity shrugged, before pulling Winter towards the door, calling goodbyes behind her.

_____



"I admit..." Kaity said.
"Sorry, I can't hear you." Winter shouted above the music, leaning closer.
"I admit." Kaity repeated, louder. "I knew Shaena wouldn't come, I just wanted to get you alone." They'd already had a few drinks each. Planning ahead, Kaity had left her car keys with Shaena, and they'd caught a taxi. She'd also left her purse in her car, and so was relying on Winter again tonight, even though she'd been joking when she said drinks were on him.
"You didn't need to leave her with the kids! She said she was tired, we could have gone home and helped her."
"She'll be fine. Luis will go with her, I know he will. The twins will pretty much put themselves to bed, so that just leaves the tots. Buy me another drink?" She suggested, batting her eyelids at him.
"You don't need another drink yet."
"So? We're celebrating!"

She leaned in and kissed his cheek.
"How about now? Does that change your mind?
"Kaity, you don't need another drink."
"Nobody ever needs even one drink! Please! I'll pay you back when we get home?"
"You don't need to pay me back." He sighed, handing his wallet over. Kaity grinned and skipped to the bar, ordering another two drinks each.

"Are you trying to get me drunk?" Winter asked when Kaity handed his wallet back, and shoved a drink from the tray into his hand.
"So what if I am?" She grinned, sipping her mixer through two straws. Winter just shook his head, smiling, before he took a swig of his own.
"Kaity! This is strong!"
"I got triples. Saves walking all the way to the bar so many times." She winked. They were only a few feet from the bar, although the club was really getting full now.

"I know your game, Mattell."
"Play along, then." Kaity giggled. She was starting to get a little more than tipsy, she'd already finished that first drink, and had put both straws into her other, giving her four straws for faster drinking.
"Slow down. You had major surgery four months ago."
"Yeah, but not on my liver! And who cares anyway? Alex is gone. He's banged up for life and we don't have to worry about anything anymore!"
"You still need to worry about your health..."
"Oh, lighten up. Lighten up and drink up." Kaity said, handing him his other drink. Winter shrugged and drank it. He doubted she had to worry about health too much, fairies were known for their party spirit, and they lived practically forever, and if he got seriously ill, he could just retire to a lamp for a few decades.

Kaity smirked, realising that she had some level of control over Winter. You're mine now. She thought to herself, her mind starting to fuzz a little.
"What?" Winter asked to her expression.
"Nothing. Just thinking." She smiled, and licked some alcohol from her lip. "What are we?" She blurted out.
"What do you mean?"
"Like, are we just friends...?" She suddenly wasn't sure she wanted to know. They'd been on three dates now, and they'd kissed a few times. She wanted it to be something more, and she thought he did too, but now she was nervous about his reply. Winter smiled.

"Sorry, you need validation." He cleared his throat, and put on his best high-school-girl voice. "Will you, like, totally be my girlfriend?"
"Winter you doof! There's probably paps in here!" Kaity shouted between laugher, as she playfully punched his arm. Her palms were sweaty, her heart was racing. "Yes. I'll be your girlfriend." They stood there laughing a minute, the alcohol taking effect.

"Please don't do things like that in public." Kaity giggled.
"Why? Do I embarrass you?" Winter smirked.
"No, you know why! My face is in the papers enough, we don't need yours in there too! When the kids are fifteen, they'll no longer be under protection, so we need to look like boring model parents so hopefully the press will have backed off by that point."
"Then why are we in a club, drunk off our faces, in the middle of the week?"
"It's a special occasion. They know that anyway." She quickly turned and scanned the room. "I can't see any I recognise anyway. Not even anyone has their phones out anyway."
"Did you say anyway enough times?" Winter laughed, and Kaity gave him her best stink-eye, which was never too good when she was drunk.

"Will you kiss me?" Kaity suddenly asked.
"Why? So you can see if you gave me enough drink?"
"Winter, please? I just want a kiss. Nobody's looking any-" She stopped herself from saying 'anyway' again. "Please?"

So he gave in and kissed her like she'd asked.

When it came to an end, they just held each other.
"Will you come home with me?" Kaity asked, nervously.






 Winter and his facial expressions...



Isn't that a cute picture? I hate when they double up the pictures, though... *sigh*
Oh, wait... The chapter ain't finished yet. Sorry!
(Hehe, I gotcha!)








 "Kaity!" Shaena stage-whispered. Kaity pushed Winter through her bedroom door and closed it behind him. Hiding him like it wasn't totally one hundred percent legal for a girl in her mid twenties to have her boyfriend stay over.
"Waah-you still doin' up? I fort you were tired?" Kaity slurred, giggling a little.

"I'm not 'still up', I was asleep. Haven't you come home drunk enough times to do it quietly? The twins have school in the morning, and I only just got Autumn settled two hours ago."
"I di'n't make any noise." Kaity said, she knew she was lying, she was pretty sure she'd let the front door slam shut, and she'd just tripped up the stairs and laughed quite loudly too.

"Please, Kait. At least keep your voice down."
"I'm sorry. You go back to bed. I'm going to sleep now, so it'll be quiet."
"Yes, well, I hope Winters getting his PJs on too, then?" Shaena raised an eyebrow, and Kaity burst out laughing.

"Kaity! Shhh!" She couldn't help but smile at how happy Kaity seemed, and hoped it wasn't just the alcohol. "Remember? Five children that don't need waking."

"Shhhh! Five children, Shaena!" Kaity mimicked. "How did you know Winter was here?"
"Well, my first clue was when you fell through the front door and pretty much shouted at him to not let the door slam. The thing that confirmed my suspicions was when you pushed him into your bedroom."
"Oh. You saw that?"
"Yes, I'm not blind. I was standing here before you started coming up the stairs. Now, go to sleep."

"Yep. Going to sleep." Kaity said, resting her hand on the doorknob.
"Oh, and Kait? While you're sleeping; lock the door, and dream quietly. Remember your bed backs onto right where the twins heads are." Shaena winked, but she was deadly serious about the door locking.
"I always lock the door when I sleep. I'm quite a considerate sleeper." Kaity grinned. "Night, Shae. Love you."
"Love you too." Shaena replied, waiting in the hall until she heard Kaity's lock click in place.


Kaity went straight to the ensuite, announcing that she needed to 'go', and told Winter to get ready.

"So, what do you think?" Kaity asked as she stepped out of the bathroom. She was clearly proud of something, but Winter couldn't work out what.
"Just as beautiful as I remember." Winter replied, wondering if she was hinting at the fading scar on her stomach from her operation.

"Seriously, Winter? What the hell?" She sounded annoyed.
"What's wrong?" He was confused.
"Um, hello?! Orange underwear set? Your favourite colour!"
"Oh! Yes, it's lovely."

"Oh, what is even the point?" Kaity muttered, crossing her arms defensively across her chest.
"I'm sorry, Kaity. You can't get me drunk then get half naked and expect me to notice what little you do have on." Kaity smirked at that, before posing for him.

"Oh yeah? What you gunna do about that?" She grinned, wiggling her backside a little.
"Why don't you come here and find out?"

Kaity sauntered over while Winter scooted back a little. Reaching for her hand and pulling her on top of him, he joined their lips.

"Lie down." Kaity whispered. "Oh, and we need to be quiet, you know where the twins heads are..."









Is that the first time we've been able to see the marking on Kaity's back? I think it is.

21 comments:

  1. Have you rearranged things, or am I still asleep???

    *snort. "Retire into a lamp for a few decades" made me laugh. I can't quite imagine him with the sudden puffs of blue smoke going up around him as he shrinks to the size needed for that.

    Awww! Winter asking Kaity to be his girlfriend in such a doofy way was adorable! Love him even more now.

    You have far too much fun teasing in the middle of a chapter. You know that? ;)

    "Dream quietly" Wonderfully discreet Shae! It made me giggle though.

    I think it might indeed be the first time to see that marking on her back. Winter's line about Kaity getting him drunk was priceless!

    So Woot! They're a couple now and Alex is in Jail and all is right with the world! At least until the Paps come nosing around again I'm sure. Loved it, Gemma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I published that comment and then the page snapped back to normal. So it's not you. Blogger is messing with me this morning it seems. *shifty eyes.

      Delete
    2. Lol at the rearranging things, I was very confused until I saw your reply to yourself. Weird, crazy blogger (but Misty can still comment on mine!)

      I was absolutely wetting myself when he said that. Him and Kaity were writing this one for me, and the idea, as you said, of Winter shrinking down and hiding in a lamp for a few decades because he drank too much was just hilarious. A lot of this seemed hilarious to me, but I think that's just me.

      Hahaa! He was gunna do it all sweet and nice, and then I was going through my pics and saw that, and changed it. He pulled some ridiculous facial expressions, and I couldn't use them all, even if most of the chapters pics ended up being the back of Kaity's head and his face.
      Anyway, he already assumed they were in a relationship, without either asking the other officially. Kaity's a lot more paranoid, though.

      MUHAHAHAAA!! Hey, it's only the second time I did it. Gotta keep y'all on yer toes, y'no? I only did it on this one because I mentioned that this one was longer than normal, so I wanted you all to think I'd been lying and it was actually short ;)

      Haha! That entire conversation between Shaena and Kaity had me rolling. I actually had to change one bit, because when I was proofing the other day I couldn't read past it without crying. I don't even remember what it was! It was more on the play on sleeping and dreaming, but it got too far. It's fine without whatever I deleted, though.

      Yeah, her wings usually hide it, and we rarely see her back anyway, as all her other outfits (pretty much) hide it.
      Haha! It calmed her back down, didn't it? He always seems to know what to say to turn her bad moods around, and he had a point too.

      Yep! What a happy chapter! Next one is happy too! And the one after... Hm. The one after isn't happy, but it's not sad or depressing or scary or anything, so... *shrugs*
      Thank you! :D
      (I've rambled a bit...)

      Delete
  2. Yay! Woo for not sleeping!
    I probably shouldn't say this, because it's inappropriate, but my mother's headboard used to slam into my bedroom wall when I was a kid. Bang, bang, bang!
    And did she care? No. Yeah, that's where my inappropriate trait comes from I guess...
    Anyway, that comment of Shae's brought back some lovely childhood memories. I'm glad Kaity is more thoughtful of the children, lol.

    Loved Kaity and Winter's date, they are so cute together. And I'm glad they are officially boyfriend and girlfriend. And even consumated the relationship, lol. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :)
      0.o Poor you! :|
      I actually don't know what to say, other than that...
      I don't think you're inappropriate! Not in a bad way, anyway. *hugs*
      Well, Kaity is terrified her kids will end up like her, and the twins already saw a murder scene... More on that story later, I'm sure.

      They are cute! They keep rolling cutesy wants in my alternate save where Winter is moved in (for ease of shooting), and I accidentally let them fulfill some before I realised I was supposed to be shooting for a chapter. HA!
      I'm glad it's official too. When I used the actual 'ask to go steady' thing in the real save, Winter shot up to a 3 star celeb to match Kaity (he was 0 before), so now he can go in the papers without it not matching up!
      LOL! They consumated it before it even began :p

      Delete
  3. Aww, Winter and Kaity were so cute together on their date and finally officially becoming an item :) I loved Shaena's comments when they got back too and the way Kaity tried to hide Winter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, they are an adorable couple :)

      Haha! I made myself laugh a lot writing this chapter, especially Kaity and Shaena's conversation, and Kaity hiding Winter like she was in high school ;)

      Delete
  4. The conversation between Winter and Kaity was adorable and funny. Happy for Kaity that Winter asked her to be his girlfriend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, he assumed they were already boyfriend/girlfriend, but Kaity hasn't really been on the same page as anyone else her entire life, if you know what I mean? She doesn't see the obvious, and doesn't trust anyone enough to just assume she's in a relationship.

      Delete
  5. Kaity, how many times are you going to need to realize that you getting drunk is a bad thing? Oh well, at least this time Winter will be there to watch over her.
    LOL @ that pic of Winter asking Kaity to be his girlfriend! Like, totally goofy.
    why you little.... I was like.. that was to short!
    Anyway.

    Hehe about Kaity going through the trouble of lingerie and it going over Winter's head. Men.
    Yep. Haven't noticed the marks on her back yet, but I have a poor memory for such things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I did wonder if anyone would think that something awful was about to happen, but there was no enemy to get into a fight with this time, just a man to wrap around her finger ;)
      I almost died when I was looking back through the pics I'd taken and saw that! What a face!! I had to change how he asked her after that :p
      Hehe, I had to. I was in a silly mood when I wrote this, and I wanted everyone to see that picture of them close up before it was seen on the wall at the end of the chapter.

      Pahahaaa! Well, as he said, she got him drunk and in the mood, and then expected him to some how make the connection between the colour of her underwear and a conversation they had months ago. Really? Silly girl.
      I don't think they've been visable. Most of her other outfits cover her lower back, and if not then her wings are usually in the way.

      Delete
  6. haha, Kaity ordering another TWO drinks each! It would seem her desire to get drunk includes getting Winter drunk as well :P HAHA and his next words are "Are you trying to get me drunk?" Triples, too, wow.

    Yes Winter, play along, I believe I want to see you drunk, too.
    Silly Kaity, I don't believe going on 3 dates and kissing a few times is 'just friends'. There, now you're his girlfriend.

    ...wait, girlfriend? Has she ever been in ANY relationship before? This is new.

    Dream quietly *snort* And don't let the bed hit the wall!
    FINALLY the orange underwear!! Winter! You're supposed to notice these things!

    Winter's not putting up much of a fight, hehe. Dream quietly, kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, of course it does! ;)
      Yep. Triples. They won't serve triples over here, but I know a couple of bartenders and they'll sneak an extra shot in for me (for free, of course...). Or, we buy a double and a shot, and put the shot in. Well. That was useless info... :p

      Haha. He wasn't even acting that drunk. Well, ok, so he was obviously slightly different, but that's just his weird facial expressions. That's his real character in-game (I keep saying I'll sort his traits out, but he's good entertainment)
      Ah, but Kaity has been on dates and kissed and more with just friends, so she needed to ask.

      No, she's not. She's (as I just said) been on dates with friends (I say dates, because they'd act like they were a couple, but they were definately not in a relationship), and had plenty of... fun... But never been in a committed relationship. Lets see how she handles this! Obviously she's expressed how sorry she was about what happened with Leighton, and at this point it was about 4 months ago, and she's done nothing else with anyone, so she's been acting like she was in a relationship, but maybe having that actual name will make a difference?

      Pahahaa! Kaity's bed is pretty heavy, it's a four-poster with the headboard going all the way up and attaching to the 'roof' of the bed, so that won't rattle much either. They just gotta keep their mouths shut ;)
      LMAO! Maybe he would have done if, like he said, she hadn't got him drunk. Plus, by this point the conversation about favourite colours was a few months ago, and it probably isn't even his favourite colour, he just said something. That's what I do. I can't pick a favourite colour, so just pick one when someone asks ;)

      Course he's not! He wants this too, he just didn't do anything before because he thought Kaity would use it as a way to cope with all the awful things that were going on, but there's only good things right now.
      Yep, dream quietly! Lucky that door's locked anyway, so there won't be any disasters, good idea, Shaena. :p

      Delete
  7. Ack, I missed this post yesterday because I didn't notice there was a whole other page on the MTS thread that I hadn't read!

    Happy-drunk Kaity is adorable. The whole door-slamming thing is something I would do, I always think I'm being so stealthy but it's obvious in retrospect that I wasn't even close.

    I feel a bit bad for Shaena being stuck home with the kids, but at the same time she really needed to relax I think. Going to the club would have been too much for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I do that all the time. That 'view first unread' button doesn't always work as it should...

      Hehe, I am actually stealthy! I went out drinking when I was about 15, and still lived at home (things are different here, and although that's 3 years below the legal age, nobody cares), I came home about 3am, and my mum honestly thought I'd been out all night! She actually started to tell me off for staying out, because she was sure I'd have been with a boy etc etc blah blah, and I couldn't work out how to prove to her that I'd slept at home. She believed me eventually, though :p
      Anyway...

      Shaena honestly doesn't mind. She knows Kaity would take the kids if she wanted some time alone, and she could have said 'do you mind helping me get them to bed', but she didn't (I'm sure partly because she knows Kaity and knew exactly what she was doing/trying to do). Going to the club would have been too much, Kaity knew that too, but invited her out of politeness, and also as a hint of what was going on. Some kind of secret code going on here...

      Also, I realise that almost all my chapters involve Kaity piling all the kids with Shaena, but lets just remember that I don't do a chapter for every day of their lives, and 99% of the time Kaity is home with her kids. Just thought I'd mention that before everyone thinks she's an awful mum ;) (Though she does tell the twins off next chapter... But it is hilariously awkward and called for. You'll see.)

      Delete
  8. D'aww. I love the banter between Winter and Kaity. They suit each other well.
    Orange underwear finally makes its appearance! :P
    I'm glad to see that Winter and Kaity are so happy together, particularly after everything that they've both been through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you! They do fit well. They 'get' each other, so it makes life a little easier that they know when each other is joking. More of that next chapter, actually.
      Yes, finally! And Winter didn't even realise! pahahaaaa
      Yeah, it's unusual that anyone is happy in this legacy, not until their generation is over, at least. Surprised people aren't worried, to be honest... I mean, the next heir is still a toddler, and those two are already pretty happy, but as per rolls they can't take their relationship any further... :|
      And they've been through a lot. There's a little more to come, but not on the scale of what they've already made it through, so I wouldn't worry too much :)

      Delete
  9. They're official. :D

    Haha, Kaity trying to be a stealthy drunk!

    I'm glad Shaena is so supportive. She's probably glad to have the kids around as a distraction from recent events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally, eh? :)

      Haha, some people just don't have the skills to come home drunk quietly. I blame clubs playing loud music, because your ears are still ringing when you get home so you don't realise how loud you are.

      Yes, she's definately glad to have the kids around to distract her! Plus, even though most of my chapters involve Kaity doing something without her kids, in 'reality' those occasions are very rare, but thousands of pictures of raising babies is boring, so I don't usually do chapters about that...

      Delete
  10. I bet Winter knew what she had in mind all along! He knows she's ready for a serious relationship with him now! She was so cute at the club asking, "What are we?" He made me laugh with the way he asked her to be his girlfriend. He's her first boyfriend! I'm so smiling now! :)

    Careful about that headboard banging!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for that ending. I say it's about time! Enjoyed it very much!

    ReplyDelete