Wednesday 15 May 2013

4:7 Hot And Cold

Caution: My heir is a slut
Mild sexual content, minimal clothing.

"Just kiss me." Kaity breathed. "Please." She begged. She barely remembered getting out the pool, wasn't sure what had been said. It all happened so fast. He'd pushed her off the lilo, she'd splashed him, he'd splashed back inadvertantly getting one of the people on the side of the pool wet, and this had eventually led to the pool being filled with people splashing and laughing. She remembered stopping and looking for him. She remembered the look he was giving her, and she'd clumsily swam over to see why he looked so serious.

He'd had a vision and wanted to forget. Kaity knew how to make people forget.

When he didn't respond to her pleas, she freed herself from where she was pressed against the wall, and spun him around so she was in control. Before she could join their lips, a bell sounded next to them, indicating the elevator was ready to take them up. She sighed and touched her forehead to his, before grabbing his hand and pulling him behind her to the awaiting lift.

He led the way down the long corridor to his room, and paused as he got the keycard from his pocket.
"Kaity, do you think-"
"No think, just do." She breathed as she reached up and finally joined their lips.
The cold of his lips was striking, and sent shivers down her spine. Even his breath was cold, and she wondered if she was hot enough to burn him as she teased his mouth with her tongue. Feeling behind him, he pushed the keycard into the slot, and pushed the door open. They almost fell through the door in their haste, and let it swing shut behind them.

He took over, pushing her against the wall just inside the door, continuing the kiss and making Kaity lose use of her legs and almost forget to breathe.

Sensing that she couldn't walk herself, he lifting her in his arms, never once breaking the contact between their lips.

Perhaps walking backwards with a girl in your arms wasn't a smart move on his part, on the other hand he could have meant to tumble onto the bed, giving Kaity control once again.

_____


Groggily opening her eyes in the early hours of the morning gave her a small shock when she realised Winter was awake and staring. His shoulder served as a pillow, and she felt she should have got used to his cool temperature after a night together. This guy stares a lot. She thought to herself as she tried to remember what had happened. She hadn't expected to be lying in his arms, especially not so close to him, and hoped she didn't have morning breath. Although, it was probably too early for that.

She sat up a little, and looked around for a clock, but not finding one she let her eyes fall back on his face. He hadn't let go of her, as if he thought she'd jump up and run off if he didn't keep a hold of her.
"What's wrong?" She asked.
"Just thinking." He replied.
"What's the time?"
"About four in the morning."
"Do you always lie awake thinking at four in the morning, gripping your one-night-stand so tight you might break her?" She asked almost-jokingly, but she really hoped he'd loosen his grip a little. He did.
"Sorry." Kaity shook her head, dismissing his apology, before climbing off the bed. "Where are you going?" He almost sounded worried.
"Only to the bathroom." She replied, worrying about how clingy he was as she left the bed for the bathroom.

Standing in the mirror she hoped Winter realised this was just fun and nothing serious. She didn't think she could do serious, especially if he was going to be all the way in Bridgeport. She also wasn't sure she could break a heart, although three days wasn't long enough to fall in love, in her opinion. She splashed a little water on her face, before drying it off with a towel and exiting the room again.

She threw herself back on the bed, wide awake now, she looped her arms around his neck.
"Where were we?" She grinned, pulling his head up a little for a kiss.
"Didn't you want to ask me something?" He asked, before she could press her lips to his. He definately seemed to be one to ruin moments.
"I don't know, do I?" She asked, exasperated, as she threw a leg either side of him. She didn't want to talk, she wanted to play.

"Yeah, you do." He replied, not moving her off him, but not doing anymore than rest a hand gently on her waist. She sighed, realising this was going nowhere, and sat back, letting go of his neck.

He kept his head about where she'd been holding it, still giving her his stare.
"Fine, what do I want to ask?" She worked to restrain her anger, remembering he'd had a bad vision of somesort last night.
"I don't know, I just know there's been a question on your lips since you met me." She gently ran her fingers over his toned stomach, tracing the familiar markings over his abdomen.
"This marking, the one over your stomach. It matches the one on my ankle." She hesitated, wondering if that meant they were somehow related and what they'd just done would suddenly be disgusting. She decided to ask anyway. "What does it mean?"

"That's my chi." He smiled at the confused expression on her face. "It's what helps me draw power. Mine is blue, because I draw power from water and ice. The closer I am to water, and the colder it is, the better my powers work."
"That's why you had a vision in the pool?" She asked, and he nodded a reply. "My chi is pink, what does that mean?"
"Well, I don't know for certain, but as they're the same shape, I'd assume you draw your powers from water too, but the colour would suggest warmer is better for you."
"I don't feel any different in water, though." Winter thought for a moment.
"Your other markings are very different." He mused as he reached for her arm. He traced his fingers over her white dragon.
"That tickles!" She giggled.
"Sorry. I think this one is the one that makes you so warm. It's a dragon, and dragons are synonymous with fire, fire is hot, and so I'd say this one controls your temperature. This one on my chest is my temperature control."

"What is it?" She asked, as she leaned in, tracing her finger around the outline and pushing her face up to his. It wasn't that this wasn't interesting, she just needed some physical attention as well as the emotional. He ignored her advances and continued with his explainations.
"It's said to be a lost cave system, but nobody knows where it was." He rested a hand on her shoulder to halt her advances. "The ancient tribes who first walked the planet are supposed to have flooded it when they migrated from the harsh cold seasons, and drained it as they returned when it was warmer. Turns of seasons passed and the tribes never returned. Without them tending to the lands, the deities froze the whole area until a time when someone else will return and tend the lands once again."
"So, you don't know?" Kaity asked, still trying to take in the myth. He breathed a laugh and she felt his cold breath brush her cheek once again.
"I guess not." She leaned in for a kiss, expecting the conversation to be over, but he started up talking, ruining yet another moment. "Your other markings are more feminine."
"I am a female..." She stated. She attempted a kiss again, but he turned his head a little. He wasn't done talking. This annoyed her, and she pushed herself to the end of the bed.

Propping himself up on one arm, he looked at her hostile posture questioningly.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing. Carry on. I'm a female, which means...?" A look flashed across his face before he could hide it. Concern? She wasn't sure, but he carried on explaining himself anyway.
"I'd say from your..." He puzzled over his wording a moment. "Personality, that they contain pheramones. I think without realising you secrete pheramones from your pores, and this is what makes you so... Successful."
"You mean I'm a siren? I drag men from every corner and force them to please me?" Slightly hurt, she turned away.
"No, that's not what I meant. You're an attractive girl in your own right." He started crawling the distance between them. "Beautiful, infact. But the pheramones you excrete make men lose control. I assume you don't have men throwing themselves at you until you choose to go after them?" He reached her end of the bed, and wrapped an arm around her, turning her face to his.
"No. I thought that was because I'm famous." Still hurt by the reasons for her past encounters.

"Isn't it better that they're not only doing it because they want to make the papers?"
"Not if it's because I'm putting them under a spell."
"They're not under a spell. I'm not under a spell. And I showed you yesterday that someone subject to your powers can still say no." He gently kissed her, and she decided to forget about it. Pulling back just centremetres from her lips, he continued: "How else would I know you were scared yesterday?"
"I wasn't scared, maybe you were scared."
"I know the difference, I've done my research, and it was your feelings I could sense." Kaity looked at him, considering asking more, but he was so close.
"Just kiss me." She demanded, and he did as he was asked.


I hope at least some of that made sense... I'm not even sure I understand and I wrote it! I'd be willing to attempt further explainations. Maybe she'll do some research?
Seriously though, let me know if that is too much to take in or too confusing.
(It has now been 12 hours since Kaity arrived at the hotel. I think I'm going for the longest 3 days in legacy history here...) 
And, yes, Kaity does her nails and puts on all her jewelry in her sleep. I didn't notice until I'd already shot this, and I couldn't be bothered to re-do.

22 comments:

  1. Yay! But now I want more again. :(

    The answers mostly made sense. Some things are still a bit fuzzy, but I think they'll be made more clear as the story goes along.

    Poor Kaity finding out that she casts spells on men without meaning to. I hope she can learn to control that in the future, because even if some men can resist it, it's still kind of wrong to be happening.

    Kaity must have been hanging out with the Magician from my story. Sneaky costume changes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, sorry! Weekend!

      Phew, yeah, I'll be going over most of it again next chapter or the one after I think. If not, Kaity still needs 3 more kids, maybe they'll need it explaining?

      I know! It's not just men, either. If she hates someone (Alex for example, who, yes, is male..) then they'll hate her back, if she loves someone, they'll love her back. Of course, Winter can tell the difference between her feelings and his own, but not everyone can.

      LOL! No, I know why she has so many accessories. They match the ones in her formalwear, because when I set all this up then she wasn't going to get.... uh.... half-naked until she'd been in her formalwear, and then the accesories would make sense.

      Delete
  2. Kaity's line- "I *am* a female" made me giggle. As if he needed reminding. lol I'm sure he was quite aware of that fact right about then.

    Wow. So Kaity really is a man magnet (if you will) if her pheromones kind of take over when men she is attracted to are around her. And she draws her powers from water. That's interesting. Loved the explanation. It makes plenty of sense to me. But how did Winter get his markings? And more importantly, how did Kaity get hers? Will that be coming?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Well, she has a point!
      I think she was just annoyed that he wasn't returning her advances, more than anything.

      LOL! Yeah, kinda. Only if she likes them. It's kinda like she projects her emotions over to those around her, but selectivly.
      Yes, she draws her powers from water, but she has a dragon which relates to fire too. Those two cancel each other out usually, so maybe there's more to that?
      Phew, glad people are understanding!
      Ah, well, they're only just onto day 1 of a 3 day conference, so I'm sure there's time for more explanations!

      Delete
  3. Hmm, those were some very interesting titbits of information on Kaity's powers, I wonder what the rest of her markings mean (and the rest of Winter's)... And where do the markings come from... *ponders*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there's plenty of time for Winter to explain the rest, plus, they're at a while conference for people like them, so surely someone speaking will know?

      Delete
  4. *gigglesnort* "my heir is a slut"...too awesome!

    Uh-oh. He has visions too? And one he wants to forget? What's this?

    I read that one part wrong, as "gripping his night stand" and had to go back and re-read it. ONE night stand. lol. Ok so why is he so clingy still? And what is this question he says she wants to ask him?

    Hm, a little confusing. Was she really afraid? Does she have pheromones and that's the only reason why men want her? Although I am very curious now about the markings/tattoos. I'd never really thought of them before, but now it will be interesting to find out what they mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She totally is. She fails at wearing clothes half of last chapter, all of this one, and either most or all of the next one. Actually. She's gunna put some clothes on in the next one, and it'll be HILARIOUS! Seriously, just you wait. *dies laughing*

      Oh course he does! It's a conferance for psychics! Silly. Everyone there has visions, not everyone very often, and most of them have a lot of control over them.
      I don't know if we'll find out about his vision. It'd probably be pointless, because it'd be about people he knows back in Bridgeport that we have never and will never meet. It was just a vice.

      LOL! Gripping is night stand he's so scared she'll run off!
      He's clingy because he's not a heartless slut like my heir (lol), and they clearly have a connection. There are several questions she wants to ask him, the markings was one of them, 'will you have sex with me?' was probably another, but she doesn't need to ask that one anymore...

      Ok. I can't explain all of this yet, as it's coming, but I'll fill you in on what I can:
      Yes, she is scared, I can't tell you what of, that's next chapter.
      The pheramones probably aren't the only reason men want her. As Winter said, she's all attractive girl anyway, the pheramones just put them in the right mood and make her seducing easier. But it's still possible to say no (which is why Winter resisted so long. He could feel some kind of pull and couldn't work out why. He thought maybe it was a spell, but after she seemed to have given up and got in the pool he realised he still wanted her. That'll probably never come out, which is why I'm telling you.)
      I'd been building up to a way to explain the markings since she got them! We will learn more about each one, I'm not sure whether at the conference or if she'll research when she gets home. I have a lot to squeeze in as it is, and kinda wanted all this done in 3 chapters. Well, this is the 3rd chapter and we've just made it to the first day... :|

      Anyway, hope it makes a little more sense now.

      Delete
  5. I just want to say, the old ladies where I'm from use 'chi' as slang for vagina. And even though I'm fully grown up and have studied Eastern religion and know what chi is, I giggled like a twelve year old when Kaity said 'My chi is pink'. I'm still giggling.

    Okay, so getting over that, still more questions than answers, like what are Winter's visions bout and what more does he know about the science facility disaster.
    I did love the explanations for the markings and their meanings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Sorry, I've never heard that slang before. That's hilarious, and now I'll never be able to explain this further without thinking of that. :p

      Winters visions don't really matter, because we don't know anyone that he knows (besides Kaity), so I might have him tell her but gloss over it because it doesn't matter.
      The science facility will be explained later. :)
      Thank you! It took ages to get it worked out in my head enough to feel comfortable sharing it. Had to use wikipedia for some things (like chi) because I knew what I wanted, but didn't know any of the words.

      Delete
  6. Lots and lots of hotness pictures. :P

    "Caution: my heir is a slut" LMFAO! She is not! She's just a woman that sees what she wants and goes for it!

    I think Winter is catching on that Kaity doesn't think seriously about him, and that might scare him a little since he doesn't want to let go.

    So you say above that fire and water cancel each other out. She gets her water from steam? That's... steamy. esp. with the pheromones thing. :D

    Yeah, no big surprise. I don't get the markings explanation, but that's okay! I know it has something to do with seasons and a tunnel that was sometimes submerged in water and then everything was frozen and stuff and somehow the science facility will get pulled into this. Maybe they unfroze the tunnel. hm.

    Grrr.... Winter was determined to resist her temptations. Strong-willed. I do like it to some extent too.

    I'm sure not complaining about taking several chapters to tell a few days. *cough* :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I meant that she gets her power from fire and water and that equals steam. /facepalm

      Delete
    2. LOL! I had to re-read that bit so many times to work out why you corrected yourself. I read it as you meant it, don't worry. :)
      And lol, steamy indeed!

      Yeah, I meant a slut as in wearing very little clothing for chapters at a time. She'll be wearing just as little most, of not all, of the next one too!

      Haha, don't worry, I don't think I do either. Yes, that was the explanation of just one of Winters markings, but that will come up again in a later generation :)
      And, hang on! How come they had seasons back in the days of ancient tribes and then they stopped until the science facility disaster? Hmm... I wonder if we'll find that out? :p

      Well, Winter pushing her away was a way of showing her he could resist her advances, before he even told her about it, so that hopefully the fact he can say no would be in her mind already. Winter has known all along that this fling with Kaity is exactly that: a fling. Maybe he just wanted cuddles a bit longer? I dunno, I didn't really think that through properly. I do that a lot...

      LOL! I did think of you when I realised how long it had actually been :p

      Delete
  7. Well that was certainly interesting. I hope Winter has more of a role in her life than just this convention. I like him and the storyline you have between them ... even if Kaity doesn't think she wants anything serious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my original plan was just for her to meet some guy that could explain everything I never got round to explaining, and get loads of stuff wrapped up in one go... But! I reeeeally like him too, so he may have to come home with Kaity. Or something. I dunno, but I can't just get rid of him now! <3

      And yeah, Kaity has never had a relationship in her life, not sure how she'd fare in one either, as she's so impulsive, but I'm sure Winter would be willing to give it a shot.

      Delete
  8. Ok I'm finally caught up on your posts, I read 6 chapters in like 2 hours and boy this chapter sure was a hot one lol. I too hope that Winter will remain in her life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for catching up! :)
      *fans you* I mean... No! It can't be hot! It's PG, honest! :p
      Don't worry, next one is back to usual depressing business ;) Just finished the rough draft, then it's picture taking tonight/tomorrow, followed by editing and posting tomorrow.
      I kinda hope so too! It wasn't my original intention, but I've fallen in love with him, so may have to work him in to my plans :)

      Delete
  9. Temperature control tattoos, love it! Winter is a very fascinating sim, I think he's a great match for Kaity. They could read each other's minds---er visions. I had this vision, you and me, at a wedding arch, getting married, lol Maybe that is what scares her? *warms up to subject* She's seen her future, and she's married! lol :P
    Very creative Gemma, I liked this chapter a lot. Even if I'll never think of Chi in the same way again thanks to Cali! lol =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a perfect match, really. That was a total accident. I was just making some guy to explain all this stuff (and give Kaity some fun), and then had the bright idea to make him cold, so he'd be an opposite of Kaity. I guess I forgot opposites attract.. :p

      LOL! Uh... :| Well, it's possible that they could get married one day, I suppose, but what she's actually scared of is next chapter (off to shoot for it now, should be up later today).

      Thank you :) <3 That means a lot.
      And I know, me either -_- haha

      Delete
  10. I understood everything pretty well. Very creative with the tattoos. I really like Winter, and I hope he and Kaity bloom into something more than a one night stand. I think he would be good for her. I'm also curious about the vision Winter had, and if it was about Kaity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. At least Kaity has learned more about herself. I think it's good for her to run into a man who is interested in more than her body! Although she doesn't seem to want anymore than that.

    I'm glad that he's answering some of her questions. Maybe if she gets to know him better, she'll trust him enough to ask him more about her powers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the tattoos and their meanings and can't wait to find out more. :) Winter is a bit weird, but I liked how he stood against Kaity's pheromones both for his own sake, but also because I think Kaity needed that after finding out she had "cheated" on previous catches. ;)

    ReplyDelete