Friday 26 April 2013

4:2 What Kaity Did

 Kaity groaned as she poured herself another cup of coffee. Her head was pounding. She'd had no intention of getting drunk, but she'd got drunk so quickly. She didn't even know where the twins were, Luis and Layla must have kept them overnight when she didn't show to pick them up. How did she even get home? She decided to drink her coffee on the porch, maybe the fresh air would help a little.

It was 8.45. Where was Shaena? She was very rarely late, especially not two days in a row. She smiled as she dialled her number, imagining her in a similar state as herself in bed.
No answer.
Confused, she tried again, with the same results. It just kept ringing. She must still be asleep.

She decided to let her have the day, and called Layla to apologise for abandoning her children. Layla said Luis had the car, and so Kaity would have to pick the girls up. She couldn't leave the shop, Shaena wasn't here. So she called Bonnie. Bonnie didn't sound hungover, but she didn't sound happy. She agreed to pick the girls up though, and finished by saying 'We need to talk when I get there'.

What did she mean? Talk about what? Had something happened last night? Kaity tried to think, tried to clear the brainfog. She remembered seeing Alex there, but it was way before 10pm, when he'd said he'd finish work. She remembered she'd felt angry... What did she do? She was now worried about Shaena not answering the phone. Had she pushed Alex to do something? Or was she just annoyed and avoiding her? Bonnie couldn't get here soon enough.

At 10 o'clock, Bonnie finally arrived with the twins, just as Kaity was holding back a wave of sickness.
"Hello babies!" Kaity chirped, her head feeling a bit better after 5 cups of coffee. "Did you miss me?" she asked as Bonnie set them on the floor.
"Mummy, why did you forget us?" Jaydean pouted. That hurt.
"I didn't forget you, babies! Mummy was just busy, is all."
"Did you make a new boyfriend?" Sophie asked. Suddenly Kaity wished she hadn't called her string of men 'boyfriends' when they'd not escaped before the twins woke up.
"No, honey..." Kaity replied, looking quizzically at Bonnie, who shook her head to confirm. "No, Mummy was just busy helping auntie Bonnie with something."

Once the kids were settled, the adults got to talking.

 "So... Uh... What exactly happened last night?" Kaity was a little embarrassed about the whole thing, she'd never been so drunk she couldn't remember.

"You really don't remember?" Bonnie asked, a sadistic smile on her face.
"Bonnie, please!" Kaity groaned, not wanting to wait any longer. If she'd done something, she should put it right. The sooner the better.
"You've not seen the paper, then?" Bonnie handed Kaity a copy of The Sunset Valley Star, Kaity's hands shook as she unfurled it. "Page eight." Bonnie stated, and watched as her friend's face fell at the article.


The 'Valley's most crazed celeb?

Sunset Valley's most out of control celebrity, Kaity Mattell, was spotted late last night participating in a brawl at hotspot The Grind. The altercation seemed unprovoked, with Miss Mattell stalking up to an unknown man on the dancefloor and shouting. Witnesses say the victim tried to walk away, before crazy Kait jumped him at the bar. The fight was stopped by a presumed friend of Mattell, and a second friend led her out the door soon after. Who is this mystery man? Could this be the father of the illegitamate twin girls Mattell has been raising alone for two years? Or has crazy Kait really lost it?


 "Please tell me this isn't how it looks..." Kaity gasped, as she set the paper on the desk.
"I wish I could." Bonnie sighed, looking at her friends distraught face. 

"I don't know the whole story, but I first noticed something on the dancefloor. You'd just downed that random drink you'd found, and stumbled onto the dancefloor with Shaena. Shaena started dancing, assuming you were too, and Alex was being... Well, pretty vulgar if you ask me, kissing all down her neck, running his hands everywhere, but she seemed perfectly happy. You pulled him away, and winked at Shae, obviously she thought that meant you were just gunna talk, so carried on dancing with his weird sister.

 "You obviously weren't being nice, and in hindsight, I should have pulled you away then. Shae had her back to you guys, and you were being pretty tame, considering how much you seem to hate him."
"Oh, if only you knew how much I hate him." Kaity scoffed. Bonnie gave her a look to silence her so she could carry on with the story.

"So, as I said, you were being pretty tame, but enough to wind him up. I mean, let's face it, you're an annoying person." Kaity looked hurt for a second, before nodding her agreement, allowing Bonnie to continue.

"I have no idea what you said to him, but after he'd responded, he walked off. Obviously, he's a bigger man than you think he is, and not this crazy violent llama-head you think he is." Kaity rolled her eyes, if only all her friends had the sight too. Then they'd see. They'd all see.

"I thought that was the end of it. Y'no, crisis averted. And I was just about to start up dancing again, when suddenly you stormed off after him. I ran up after you, and just as I was about to stop you, you grabbed him, spun him round, and screamed something like: 'You lying, cheating son of a llama!'. And now he looked really angry, which is fair enough, you just implied his mother was a llama, and you know that's not on. Then you started going on about how you were going to stalk him and get all this proof, that you'd 'save Shae yet'.

"By this point, you'd wound him up to breaking point, and he pushed you-"
"Ah-ha! So he started the fight!"
"Kaity, really? I'm on his side for this one. You pushed him to the point where he needed to lash out to shut you up, and besides, you didn't have to hit him back." Bonnie continued.

"Before I knew it, you two were a mix of bodies. I tried to grab your hand, but you both kept moving so fast. By this point, you had everyones attention, and they turned off the music. That was when I heard Shae.

"I don't know who she was more angry at, but she jumped right in the middle of that fight, and you didn't even care. I'm pretty sure she got hurt, but she wouldn't say on the phone earlier. After a while, you somehow beat Alex, even though he's twice your size in every way, and that was when I dragged you outside before you could do anything else stupid."

Kaity took a moment to let it all sink in before responding.

"I don't even know what to say, Bonnie. I'm sorry, I'm sorry I put you all through that, I'm sorry I'm such a waster I can't even pick my own children up, and I'm sorry I didn't remember it." Bonnie shuffled, unsure how to respond.
"I've got to get to work, but it's Shae you should be apologising to, not me."

Kaity nodded, and thanked her friend for picking the twins up and telling her what had happened, before Bonnie left for work.
What was she going to do?

She spent the rest of the day milling around the shop. It was a quiet day, with only a few customers for herbal remedies and no readings.

_____

It was early evening, Kaity had shut up shop for the night, and the toddlers were starting to moan.
"Mummy will fix dinner in a minute!" Kaity said, hoping to quiet them while she attempted to call Shaena yet again. She'd been texting and calling all day, with no answer, but hoped this one last attempt would make a difference.
Just as she heard the diall-tone, indicating the recieving phone was ringing, the front door opened and Shaena walked in.

"I am so sorry..." Kaity started.
"Just get the twins ready for dinner." Shaena snapped, cracking eggs into a bowl in the kitchen.

Confused, Kaity did as she was told, and got the toddlers ready in their highchairs.

"Do you not think we should talk about this?" Kaity asked as she put Jaydean in the highchair next to her sister.
"Tomorrow. I'm staying here tonight."

Once the twins had their meals, Shaena and Kaity sat down to theirs. Kaity inwardly laughed at waffles for dinner, it was about the only thing Shaena could cook.
"Thank you for dinner." Kaity tried to break the silence.
"I knew you'd just give the twins a jar of baby food, and get yourself some cereal. You need real food, so..." Shaena didn't finish, she hadn't intended to.
"Do you want to talk about why you're staying over?" Kaity offered. Her offer was met by silence and a cold stare.

After they'd eaten, the girls put the twins to bed, and Shaena retired to the spare bedroom.

Kaity returned downstairs to wash the dishes from dinner.

Why wouldn't she talk? Obviously, she and Alex had argued over something, was she only here to wind him up? Had she forgiven her already?
She drained the sink and went to bed herself.

Her vision from a few years ago replayed in her mind as she climbed into bed.
Had he hurt her?
It couldn't have happened exactly like the vision, because there was snow everywhere, but she could have made it happen sooner... Couldn't she?





Alex's weird sister does have a name, and a part in the story. I will find out her name next time I go in, and mention it in the next chapter so she isn't such a mystery. :p

16 comments:

  1. LOL, I love, crazy Kaity.
    So, she started a fight with Alex, and made herself look bad, and making other people sympathetic to Alex.
    So, something is obviously up now with Shae and Alex, and it could be something Kaity's actions set in motion...but we won;t know until you give us the next chapter...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. I think that'll be the name the press will refer to her as from now on, because she is pretty wild (for a while, anyway)
      People being sympathetic to Alex is normal, she's the only one who's seen what he can do, to everyone else he seems like a nice guy, and they can't work out why Kaity hates him so much. They think she's just jealous of the time he gets to spend with Shaena.
      Ok, chill! Lol, I've only just put this chapter up! :p Won't be too long, a few days and you'll have your answers :)

      Delete
  2. Aw the pics don't show up on my nook :(

    Crazy kait, that's awesome, lol. Seems she really lost it, unreasonably so, and now her own friend bonnie sided with alex. Why shae spent the night away though is a little troubling. Is alex just mad at her for her cousin's behavior or is there something more to it? Plus shae's obviously pissed at her too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( I'm really proud of the pictures too, didn't use any poses, they all did what I wanted :)

      Well, to her she wasn't being unreasonable, but as nobody else knows about her vision, everyone else thinks it was extreme. Bonnie is friends with Alex too, so it makes sense that she's side with the attackee rather than the attacker.
      Kaity will drag what happened out of Shaena next chapter, but for now, who knows? :p

      Delete
    2. I guess it depends on what she saw in her vision as something happening now, or in the future. You can't really attack someone for something they don't even know they will do yet. I didn't realize Bonnie was also friends with Alex...that for sure wouldn't help, ah well. We'll find out soon =)

      Delete
    3. Oh and P.S. I came back on my desktop to see the pics =P My nook will not display photobucket pictures for some reason.

      Delete
  3. Crazy Kait! I'm never going to get that epithet out of my head now. lol. Though it almost sounds like Alex perhaps might have deserved it? Uh, why is Shaena staying the night the night after the incident and not the night of? I'm guessing something bad went down we just didn't see. Is Shaena going to be okay at least?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, that'll be the name the press refers to her as for a while :p
      We *know* Alex deserves it, we've seen what Kaity has seen, but nobody else knows. That's why Shae went home with Alex that night; to her this all seemed like Kaity had got way too drunk and gone crazy, but I assume there was some kind of argument or something that made Shaena want to get out of the house for a while (lol, look at me 'speculating' like I don't know)

      Well, Shaena will be fine physically, but not emotionally. I'll tell you that much.

      Delete
  4. LOL Kaity got wasted!!! I've never had a night where I didn't remember what happened! And to have it show up in the papers as well!!!!

    It looks like I'm the only one actually on Kaity's side about this. But then again, it's almost midnight and I'm running on coffee alone, and not enuf of that.
    I totally get it. She's been carrying this worry for years now and she can't/won't tell Shae about it. So, she drinks a strange drink that brings that fear out and puts her into attack mode.

    The problem was the shite the press put up. Ugh!!

    I wonder if Kaity is about to have another one of her dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I've had one night I didn't remember (I've pieced most of it together now by what I've been told. It was years ago though) but luckily I didn't make it into the paper! ;)

      Lol, I'm on Kaity's side too! But I'm the one controlling her :p
      That's exactly it! The alcohol gave her the confidence to do what she's wanted to do for years, even if it did make her take it a little far.

      Yes, unfortunately for Kaity, she's rolled 5 star celeb, and so will likely be in the papers a lot. We all know how the press like to exaggerate, but in my eyes that article could have been a lot worse! At least they just reported what actually happened, and left it to the readers to decide who the guy was. Wonder what Alex would say if he was accused of fathering her children? Lol, he doesn't like her as much as she doesn't like him.

      No, she isn't. I'll tell you that because it won't really ruin anything. The only thing that would be useful for her right now, is being able to see the past so she can see what Shae and Alex did after she was dragged home by Bonnie, but she can only see the future, so I decided she wouldn't have a dream. It would make the next chapter confusing, with the dream and Shaena explaining what happened and maybe some more unknown drama...

      Delete
  5. Kaity really shouldn't have got that drunk, but I can understand why she reacted the way she did, especially since no-one else sees the side of Alex that she's seen in her visions (I do hope that its not going to turn out that her reaction to those visions actually brings them about in some way).

    I hope Shaena's ok, it worries me that she's come over to stay after all that - it makes me think something really bad must have happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, she shouldn't have. Though, to be fair to her, she did only have two drinks. I'm guessing that pink one she found on the bar must've had something in it, but we won't investigate that too much ;)
      It would be awful if it turned out that she'd somehow made her vision come true, I don't know how she'd handle that.

      Well, clearly something has happened, but if it was really bad she'd have told Kaity no matter how angry at her she was, so you can sleep well with that in mind :)

      Delete
  6. Kaity...what are you doing!? If she was going to act this batshit insane, she should have told Shaena about her vision when it happened. *fretfretfret*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crazy Kaity!! Ahaha. It must be really tough to see Alex in a different light then everyone else. Especially with everyone taking his side.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe what Kaity did! Maybe I can! She's been holding her feelings inside for so long. I still wonder if something was in her drink though!

    She will feel so guilty is she made that vision come true and Alex did hurt Shae because of the fight.

    ReplyDelete