Friday 15 March 2013

3:21 Family Ties

"No he doesn't!"
"Yes, he does!"
"Kaity! I promise. He doesn't. And anyway, I already know who I want to dance with at prom." Rose stuck her tongue out at her sister, and turned back to her homework. Kaity laughed at how easy it was to get Rose flustered, and turned back to her own homework. "Who are you going to dance with?" Rose asked quietly, sadness evident in her voice. She knew nobody had bullied her, but she was sure Shaena and Jake had a lot to do with that, and wasn't sure if anyone was going to ask her to dance tonight.
"I dunno. 'Pends who asks." Kaity said, cryptically.

"Well, who do you want to ask you?" Rose had successfully distracted herself from her homework, and was now going through a mental list of every boy she thought would be at prom. Maybe one of them could be persuaded to ask Kaity to dance? Her thoughts were interrupted by her sisters reply.
"Nobody, really. I mean, I've not got my eye on anyone. If someone asks me, I'll probably say yes, if not, I'll probably just dance with Shae or Jake. Alex can't go to prom because he's too much older, and I don't see Jake starting to make friends, I mean, he didn't even want to go..."

Rose scowled. Somebody had to dance with her sister. She was going to make sure somebody did. Just because she was different, it didn't mean she shouldn't be allowed to have fun like everyone else. Well, she was just going to have to make Kaity look so beautiful that nobody would be able to resist.

Ignoring her cousin's 'expert' fashion advice and protests, Shaena left for prom wearing a plain tshirt, pencil skirt and some blindingly bright lime-green heels. She couldn't help but laugh when Rose had been almost pulling her hair out over her 'thrown together' outfit. She didn't care. She knew Alex was the one for her, and Kaity had told her too, so why dress to impress when he wouldn't be there?

Rose had forced Kaity into a pink, frilly, figure-hugging girly dress. She had to admit, she quite liked the dress, it was the shoes she didn't like. Why did she have to wear little strappy heels, again?

Rose walked carefully to the waiting taxi, regretting the long white dress she'd chosen, as the rain had made the ground muddy. The rain also messed up her hair, and was sure to ruin her make-up if she didn't hurry.

And finally, Jake. A bit annoyed that he even had to go to this thing, he'd much rather stay home, but he also wanted to go to protect the girls. He wasn't exactly the strongest boy at school, infact, he was probably the weakest, but he had magic on his side, and if anyone so much as touched either of his sisters or his cousin...

As it turned out, he got into a fight sooner than expected, but he wasn't alone. Everyone except the four of them seemed to be drunk, and a rather excited boy knocked into Kaity as they were making their way to the buffet table. Kaity was stronger than the boy, and managed to stay standing while he fell over, she apologised, and bent to help him up. He slapped her hand out of the way, got up by himself, and accused her of being a three-eyed llama! The foursome were all a bit shocked by this, but moreso when the boy pushed Kaity hard against a wall, breaking part of the set. Shaena immediately rushed to check she was ok, while Jake and Rose shamelessly fought with the boy, and a few of his friends who had gathered at the scene of the drama, of course, with Jake's fairy powers, and Rose's witchy spells, the pair had an advantage and won easily. Nobody else tried to fight them that night, and a good time was had by all. Shaena was voted prom queen, which shocked her a little, and she assumed it was because she was the oldest one there, although the triplets were sure it had something to do with the fact she was the prettiest girl in the school. And not long after, Summer's daughter, Bonnie McQueen challenged Rose to a dance battle. Rose was happy that she won, and found it a perfect way to end a good night.

 While the teens were out, Taylor decided to take the opportunity to have a friend over. To be specific, the fairy she'd met at the kareoke bar the other week. Kaity had mentioned something to Taylor about 'going for it'. Taylor wasn't sure what she meant, but maybe getting to know Bebe better would help.

Madison decided to take the quiet house as an opportunity to do some more work on her alchemy. She wasn't finding as much time in the day as she'd thought she would, four teenagers meant for a messy house, so most of the time they were at school was spent cleaning. The rebirth elixir was proving tricky, and after reading on a little she realised she'd need to learn the 'full mass' potion too. The rebirth would get her halfway, but the full mass would make it stick. Both were tricky, and needed rare ingrediants, so she was, for the time being, sticking to the easier potions she was selling at the elixir consignment store. She figured the more she practiced with them, the less likely she was to waste the rare ingrediants when she was confident enough to make the elixirs she'd spent so much time researching.

_____

Rose hung the pictures from prom in the upstairs hallway next to Luis'. In the act, she accidentally managed to remove the image from Luis' prom photo. She decided to hang it anyway, and just hope nobody would notice. He didn't live here anyway, so he'd probably never have a reason to come upstairs...

Friday night in the Mattell residence was particularly loud. The triplets had decided to work on their magic, and even with Jake and Kaity projecting soothing auras, Rose was her usual excitable self. She had no need to use her wand, but found it easier to teach Kaity when she did, as she could show her the movements involved in different spells. Shaena could have taken her phonecall to another room, but she quite enjoyed the atmosphere in the family room with her cousins, although her boyfriend, Alex, kept asking her to repeat herself whenever Rose shrieked.

Saturday morning, Madison and Taylor made breakfast together, and planned what to do with their day. There was a frost on the ground outside, the cold weather had returned. Madison wanted to take another trip to the kareoke bar, and Taylor agreed, mentioning that an indoor location would be best considering the cold weather.

Almost as soon as the smell of freshly baked waffles made its way up the stairs, the teens made their way down them. Madison had become a pretty good cook over her years of being a housewife, and nobody wanted to miss her meals.

Kaity took great pleasure in telling Shaena all the gruesome details of a dream she'd had the night before. She still had no way of controlling them, and after the mishap in the graveyard, hadn't tried. She seemed to be getting a lot of meaningless dreams lately, this particular one being about a chipmunk getting hit by a car. Shaena pushed her last waffle around her plate as her friend described 'flying guts' and 'popping sound'. She suddenly wasn't hungry anymore.

"Do you ever think Kaity takes things too far?" Shaena asked Rose, as she washed the dishes from breakfast.
"Ew, yes! She doesn't get creeped out by anything, and she makes me feel sick. The other day, I helped her conjure an apple, and it smelt funny, but she ate it." Shaena pulled a face. Kaity had always been brave, but she seemed to have a new, carefree attitude towards life since her accident. She seemed happier. At peace. Shaena realised she'd not heard about any nightmares for a while, maybe that helped?

At the kareoke bar, Madison surprised herself by managing to get a nervous Taylor on the stage to do a duet with her.

Rose challenged Jake to a game of pool, and even though it took her ages to beg him to play, she soon got bored and just wandered off, leaving Jake, who realised he quite enjoyed pool, to play on his own.

"I'm winning! I'm winning! I can't believe it! You're psychic and I'm the one who's winning!" Kaity wasn't too pleased about how loud Shaena had shouted her 'psychic' comment, but as it was still early, there were only a few other sims there besides the family, so she let it slide.

They spent the whole day at the bar, playing each other at different games, taking turns on the kareoke, and getting some pictures in the picture booth. By late evening, everyone was worn out; Madison and Taylor's plan had worked.

As the day out drew to a close, Kaity started laughing.
"Hey, Shae. Wanna know what I just saw about you?"
"What?"
"You were naked..." Kaity grinned at her friend, and Shaena decided she didn't want to know and walked away, slightly embarrassed.

_____





All that prom drama was inspired by the notifications I got during prom. Kaity and Rose also got romantic interests, but I'm ignoring them because they're all wrong for my story >:( Rose's future husband is planned out, but unfortunately I failed to realise he was still a child at the time of prom. Kaity, well, she has a lot of drama coming her way, but I didn't think getting involved with Bonnie would fit with that. (I am going to tie in the McQueen/Mattell bloodlines, but not until I've rolled 'couple' and have an heir who can produce children with the offspring of theirs. At the moment, I'm having to force pregnancies because they just don't do anything (even though everyone else in my town has too many babies). But yeah, I also accidentally made Bonnie Taylor and Madison's cousin, so there is no way she is getting involved with Kaity. In my mind, that's too close of a relative.
Also, does anyone agree with me that Madi needs some more appropriate PJs? Her bikini bottoms are less revealing... :| 

18 comments:

  1. LOL I thought to myself too 'hm, mom of teenagers walking around in skimpy undies. well, maybe she just doesn't feel like going through the hassle of changing them.' :D

    Oh, so many times I cracked up in this one!

    Rose is a little overprotective when it comes to Kaity I think. Kaity isn't worried at all whether or not someone will dance with her. Neither should Rose then. But, things don't work like that, do they? Rose wants everything to be just like her rose-colored glasses. haha rose colored and Rose. I get that she doesn't want anyone picking on her sister, but she also has to realize that her sister isn't bothered.

    Shaena's heels.... wow. O.O They glow in the dark!

    I love it love it love it when the game itself gives out drama. Just sit back, relax, and let the game write the story for you. :D I like that you included it. It always entertains me about the happenings about prom. That's when the whole Marie/Cristina thing got stared. The game did it. That was really cool how everyone stuck up for everyone else. :)

    Kaity's chipmunk dream LOL

    Hm, but then Kaity got a little uncomfortable after all about something when Shae mentioned that she was psychic out loud like that.

    Mmmm, yeah. I don't know if I'd want to know what my cousin saw in a vision about me if I was naked in it. Especially if said cousin is grinning at me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol The game gave her that when she aged up, I just went lazy and changed the colour of the top to match her favorite as per my rolls. :p Never occured to me until recently that her ADULT son might have something to say about it LOL! Ah well, he doesn't live there anymore, and Shaena doesn't seem bothered. I'd say maybe Jake is uncomfortable, but look at Rose and Taylors PJs, I think he's desensitized...

      Yes, Rose is overprotective, but yes, she just wants everything to be like her rose-tinted glasses (I may try that out in CAS and see how it looks. LOL). IIRC, Rose's traits include excitable and absent-minded as well as clumsy, can't remember the 4th right now, but if we take all those to mean the way she things, then yeah. She gets excited about the idea of prom, clumsily mentions that she knows who she's going to dance with, and absent-mindedly boasts a bit, before realising that Kaity is very different and probably won't find someone as easy as she has. (I'll really miss Rose when she ages up!)

      Lol, I guess I was feeling lazy when she aged to teen, as I'd never pick that as an outfit! Lol. Usually I make sure I change everyday, formal and pjs because they very rare work out at teen stage. Younger stages is just everyday and pjs, and older ones is all of them because they may well actually wear them :p
      Yeah, I love the prom update things! They're usually too wildly out of character to use, but I'd already decided something like that would happen. I was so happy :)

      Yes, Kaity doesn't want more attention drawn to her. She's already bright pink and white, she doesn't need strangers pestering her for predictions! lol
      And I agree. I dunno if it's just my dirty mind, but it only means one thing ;) Something I couldn't mention in a PG legacy story lol
      (That last shot is my all time favorite screenshot so far! <3)

      Delete
    2. I agree, that last shot is effing perfect.
      LOL can't mention in a PG legacy. That drives me nuts having to do that, but I'm determined to keep my legacy and jazz singer PG. It's hard! Bravo to you. :)

      O.O I totally forgot about what Luis would think. He's just flown out of my mind like the nice little fairy he is and off into his happy little world where everything is green and grand and happy.

      Rose in rose colored glasses. I love it! LOL. Might not work tho, but still the thought is funny. I'll miss her too.

      I'm getting into the habit of getting an outfit and just keeping it depending on my mood. It's just such a pain, and if changing outfits every day isn't established yet, then why do it, am I right? :) Yeah, I never bother with the child formals either unless they Happen to go to a wedding or some such stuff. (that and Donovan's flat-and-lifeless-girlie hair)

      I was thinking that just as Kaity was thinking that she didn't want strangers randomly coming up to her and pestering her for predictions. That can be a real pain. Why am I thinking of the movie Ghost?

      Oh, that reminds me.... the rebirth elixir. *bobs up and down in computer chair* I can't stand the suspense!!!

      Delete
    3. It was 100% autonomous too. Probably what makes me love it so much.
      I find the sex side of things easy to keep PG. I'm not a very romantic person, so it's other things I struggle to keep out. Stuff like violence and murder, lol! But yeah, I go by 'if EA didn't put it in, I can't use it.'

      Lol, yeah, he's flown off somewhere. He and Layla managed to find an empty house (I'm worried they may have kicked someone else out to get it O.O), but they're never in so I've not been able to get anyone to visit. I want to see it!! Lol. There is a scene in a chapter or so where he needs to be featured, and if I can get into his house I'll do it there, if not he'll have to come over.

      Lol, I can't change outfits everyday right now anyway. CAS/stylist is causing issues for me, and I have to go save-crazy when someone ages up incase it crashes. Which is also why nobody has any accessories, if you were wondering.

      Lol, I've not seen Ghost, but I assume it has something to do with a psychic?
      Anyway, Kaity will change her mind about giving predictions. Once she's learned to control it (was that a hint? Hmm...)

      Lol, I'm afraid you'll have to stand the suspense!
      'Legally' Kaity has to be halfway through teen stage for me to use it (I think everyone has worked it out, so I can half mention it), my teen stage is 14 days, she's at day 3. Lol! At the end of this chapter she was only on the second day! Their birthday was Thursday, and prom was Friday!
      But yeah, I'm gunna keep mentioning the rebirth elixir to torture you :p

      Delete
  2. Love all the family time! Wow. Kaity does seem to cross a few lines by simply having no filter. Lol! Poor Shaena. At least you kow just how much Shaena loves her that she still sits by her at meals. Ha! I'm all anxious to see who you've picked out for Kaity too. Can't.Wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I'm loving the family time too! These guys are all so much fun, and I'm considering making an alternate save and turning aging off so I can play with them forever!
      That entire 'dream' was inspired by the face Shaena was pulling. Lol, I can't even remember what they were going to be talking about, but she just looked like she was going to vom all over her waffle! Haha.
      But yeah, it shows that she really loves her cousin, and that will be needed information for later on in Kaity's gen!
      Hmm... Who have I picked out...? Well... I've not made them yet. I've got a couple of ideas, so I might make a few and drop them in to see what readers say.
      I'm going to spend some time today in CAS anyway, so I may make them today. I may not. CAS is a bit tempramental at the moment on my poor dying laptop. I'll do what I need to first, and then if it still seems to be running ok I might make them too.

      Delete
    2. I'd forgotten about this until eating breakfast this morning, but... Didn't Lisa run around in her underpants a lot too? Like mother like daughter! lol

      Delete
    3. HAHAAAA!!
      Yes, she did. I was constantly MC> Outfit> Everyday -ing her. And ended up forgetting most of the time. Madi gets changed though. It's just that her PJs are a little inappropriate... :p

      Delete
  3. I love the family time and I can't wait for the rebirth elixir to be made (I hope it goes well when it is time!)

    I will be sad to see Rose go when she ages up, she's highly entertaining (in a good way) and I hope Kaity goes to see her often so we can keep up with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Neither can I! Lol, but yeah, Madi is brushing up her skills loads so it should hopefully all go to plan. :)

      Yeah, me too! I'm in love with her. Both the character I made for her, and the actual sim. She does loads of funny little things autonomously, I think it's her trait combination. I'm sure she'll still be a part of the story next gen, she's very close with Kaity, and I can't see them falling out.

      Delete
  4. Are your pics on photobucket? Photobucket pics dont show up on my nook:( ill just have to come back and look at them tomorrow. I cracked up at the prom fight. Three eyed llama! I feel bad for anyone dumb enough to fight a pack of fairies and witches! I hope kaity is still her beautiful pink eyed self. Hm, so madi is still working on the rebirth... will it bring geoff back?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha, undies, lol. I love how Sims just don't care. But at least she's not running around topless. My Sims have a nasty habit of doing that . (Totally not my fault)

    I agree with mypal, if Kaity doesn't care about having a dance partner, she should let it go. But your prom stories were hilarious.

    I'm so excited about the rebirth potion. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! My sims tend to age up with naked top or bottom. Usually townies, making me laugh when I spot them :p

      Woo! Rebirth! :D I'm excited too! Hehe, there's a little bit to do before that anyway. Kaity, going by the rules, has to be halfway through her teen stage, and she isnt.

      Delete
  6. darn it, I swear I commented on this last night! Did I go to spam? I couldn't see the pictures last night though because I was reading from my Nook. And it was like 4am, so maybe I only dreamed I posted a comment :D So anyway, I was glad to see Kaity's still pink-eyed and tattooed, I take it that's permanent. The prom stories were great--who in their right mind would take on a fight with a pack of fairies and witches?! Oh and I remember too I asked if Madi is really planning to use the rebirth thing when she can make it. Will we be seeing Geoff again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did. :p
      Yeah, I use photobucket. Sorry! My earlier chapters were posted to blogger, but then I heard someone mention that you have a limit to how many pictures you can have on your blogger account, so I decided to use my photobucket, as I know photobucket doesn't allow naughty pictures, so I've saved the space for naughty moments :p

      Yeah, that's permenant. I may still add to it. I don't know. I don't want togo too OTT...
      Oh, who am I kidding, yes I do! I want her to be pink and white stripes! Lol.

      Oh... Maybe Madi could use the rebirth to bring Geoff back... Lol... I, Uh... I hadn't thought of that...
      (Yes, yes I had, and omg I've had the damn 'OhMyGhost' opportunity saved for Shaena's entire life! Yes, that's how long I've been planning this, so you can imagine how excited I am! :D)

      Delete
  7. I seriously laughed out loud at Luis' missing prom picture. My fiance even asked me from the other room what was up. XD

    I love how close the siblings are to each other. I love sibling friends but I never play them myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I dunno what happened, but a few of my pics turned grey and had no picture in them anymore. Luis's prom picture, and some pictures the kids took in a photobooth being a few of them. Luckil, the glitch didn't touch the important ones - the ones of Geoff and Madi, and all the kids as toddlers.

      I love it too :) I try to make sure everyone in the house is at least 'friends' with everyone else before they leave, that way they'll come over when I want them ;)
      Plus, it makes them talk automously, so I don't have to worry about setting up background sims to do things.

      Delete