Friday 8 March 2013

3:19 Leisure

There will be an event held this Sunday
at Central Park. The day will include
eating contests, skating, water fights,
and other such activities suitable for the
hot weather conditions. All service citizens
will be given the day off work paid, so the
whole town can enjoy a day of leisure.

 "Hey, guys, fancy spending the day at the park? There's all kinds of activities, it looks good." Taylor asked, looking up from the laptop for a second. Just the day before, herself and Madison had been to the consignment store and bought enough seating and tables for six. They would have got enough for seven, but there wasn't really space, and Luis would be moving out soon. "Make it a family day? There's a photo stall, we can get a big family picture?"
"Yeah, sounds fun. Lets get the remainder of the kids ready and head off." Replied Madison, noting Shaena's look of approval and Jake's look of excitement.

There were loads more activities than advertised, and Taylor challenged Luis to a game of football, knowing that he wanted to lose a little extra weight.

Jake spent a bit of time dancing to the music being played over the loudspeakers.

Rose got a sun painted on her cheek. Fitting for the weather, she thought.

Kaity and Shaena tried their hand at skating, and were proud of themselves when they didn't fall over once!

And Madison, much to her teenagers' embarrassment, stripped down to her swimsuit and played with the sprinkler. A couple of hours went by, the whole family enjoying the wide variety of activities in the hot sun.

 "They're about to start the eating contest. Rematch?" Taylor grinned, remembering when she and her sister had been in high school and she'd won.
"You're on." Madison grinned back, determined to beat her sister this time. "Hey, girls!" She called to the girls on the skating rink, "You wanna watch me cream her at the eating contest?"
"Oh my God." Shaena hung her head, hoping nobody from school would be able to associate her with the woman in the bikini about to stuff her face with hot dogs. Taylor and Madison both laughed.
"Take that as a no, then?"

 Rose decided to join the girls on the rink, not wanting to look uncool by watching the eating contest, even though she did want to.

"Ready..."
"I'm gunna win this time."
"Set..."
"No you're not!"
"GO!"
The girls were neck and neck for nearly a minute.

It was the moment when they both started coughing, that Taylor realised she was losing, and Madison noticed she was winning.
That only made them more competitive.

Unfortunately for Taylor, Madison won, and her excited screech made her choke on a mouthful of bread.

She wasn't a sore loser, though, and happily pulled her sister into a congratulatory hug.

After the eating contest, they each pulled their own children away for some water-based activities while the sun set. Taylor opted to take on the triplets in a water balloon fight, while Madison decided her teenage children might find that too embarassing and so instead pulled them into the line of the sprinkler, splashing them so they'd splash her back.

They ended the day watching the fireworks display.
And, for once, nobody even noticed it was a full moon.



_____

 Luis had just become a man. His girlfriend, Layla, and all their friends and family were at their joint birthday party.

They had decided to live off the land, follow their fairy instincts, and had made their own clothes from a mix of different plant matters.

They couldn't wait to break free of their human lives they'd been living until now, and raise their own little family in the wilderness.

So much so, that the party was still in full swing when they left for their new life together.

_____

"Me and Shae are going to see her Dad's grave after school, are you coming?" Usually Rose would just go along with whatever someone else suggested, so it was almost a given that she would tag along.
"No, I don't want to go to a creepy graveyard." Kaity was a little shocked. She'd not heard Rose say 'no' to something in a long time. Shaena, on the other hand, was relieved. She'd wanted it to be just the two of them. She got on with Rose, but felt a lot more comfortable when it was just herself and Kaity.

It was a little uncomfortable for the two girls at the graveyard. It was raining, something they hadn't planned for, but Shaena thought she'd be sad to see her father's grave. As it was, she felt nothing. It made sense, as she'd never met him, but she still felt like she should cry or something.
"What's that?" Kaity suddenly broke the silence, pointing to a pillar near some other graves.
"I dunno." Shaena replied, squinting. The sun was bright despite the rain. "Let's check it out."

"What is it?" Kaity mused, wondering whether to touch the stone pillar or not. It looked like it had burrowed out of the ground at some point.
"I... I don't know..." Shaena raised her hand to shelter her eyes from the rain as she looked up. There seemed to be a face carved into it, and huge gemstones for the eyes. It looked quite old.

"Where do you think it came from?" Kaity asked rhetorically.
"Try and have a vision about it." Shaena suggested, realising that Kaity could work this all out.
"I've never tried to force one before..."
"Just try. It would be cool if you could figure out how to control it." Kaity nodded and closed her eyes tight, focussing all her energy on the stone pillar infront of her.

Before Kaity had time to react, the stone pillar shot a beam of energy towards her, lighting up the graveyard and taking both girls by surprise. The last thing either of them heard was their screams echoing off the hills and mountains surrounding the valley.

_____

Dun dun DUN!
Yeah, I went a little overboard with the summer festival. It was the first time I could actually play with it properly, as last summer they were all too scared of the weather. I had too much fun, and couldn't pick which pictures to use. You should see the amount I cut! LOL.
And also, LOL@my photo editing skillz :p 

Also, why do I insist on throwing birthday parties?!
 Route-fail-mania. And there were some other sims out of shot; outside, clogging the front door, at the bottom of the stairs...
There are 15 in this shot, and there were two by the mailbox at this point: Layla and Jackson.
Coincidentally, why isn't Jackson dead? :|

16 comments:

  1. Some old people just last a really log time. Or, Jackson is glitched.
    I'm glad the Mattells had some carefree fun at the festival. And Luis & Layla, <3.

    So, I knew that giant phallic symbol thrusting from the ground was evil. That's why I stay away.
    Can't wait for your next chapter, to see what happened to Kaity and Shae.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the 'Jackson doesn't have long left...' message when Taylor was pregnant with the triplets... :| I keep resetting him, and I get loads of stuck-aging notifications from overwatch, just not for him. I may just have to trigger age transition.
      I'm glad they did too. It was nice to let them unwind for a bit :) Luis and Shaena got a tan, they looked super-hawt.

      LOL!! I actually burst out laughing, and I had a mouthful of chocolate muffin. My laptop isn't very clean...
      I was really annoyed that Kaity couldn't interact with it, so I went a bit crazy over the top... :| You'll see what I mean next chapter...

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I don't think Kids can interact with the Weather Stone. But Loved all the fun they had at the festival. I really like how all sims have a day off so it's really easy to get some great interactions town wide with it. And Layla grew up lovely! I hope her and Luis have a wonderful time living off the land together.
    Ah, the route tantrum parties! That's why I didn't give them this generation. The house is simply too small. And it's never any fun if you can't even get the birthday boy to the cake.
    Fun chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. :( Oh well, I got to mess around with photobuckets photo editing stuff :)
      Yeah, shame my family were the only ones there. And then I had spooky day on the first day of fall, so there wasn't even a festival to go to! *eye roll* that's when they were at the graveyard.
      She did :) but you knew she would anyway. I hope they do too. I got them engaged before they left so the rest if up to them. (gave Luis 'family oriented' trait, so hopefully there'll be some babies soon :) )
      Haha, I keep thinking 'I won't do one this time' but then I cave. I like them having family round. And Summer is so grumpy that she won't come if I invite her on her own, so I have to throw a party for her, and then the party gets crashed by loads of people (my sims must be really popular. Either that or because they're all celebrities, Taylor is 3 stars now! Madi is 2, and the rest are 1).
      It was just a case of 'shift-click> teleport me here' t get Luis to his cake.
      The next chapter was not fun to shoot. The triplets are teens (no birthday party for them) and Kaity's story gets out of control...

      Delete
    2. Children can't interact with the throbbing weather pole because it's rated M for Mature.
      I mean, look at it! No, don't look! Cover your eyes!

      Delete
    3. Lol! Stoppit!! I'll have to put the mature content warning on this blog just so you can talk about stone phalluses...
      *giggle* phallus...

      Delete
  3. I loved Luis and Layla getting back to their fairy roots <3 You had some great shots in this post. The one of Shae with the twins skating is super cute, and nice capture of the fireworks too. And all the route fails, hahahaha Kodak moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) <3
      I was so happy when the three of them just lined up like that!! I'd paused to take a pic of something else (I think Madi in the sprinkler, as you can see that going in the sidelines) and moved over and literally out loud went 'AWWWW' :)

      It took me ages to get the firework shot. Because it's in the sky you have no referance point for how far away you are, I had to do a couple, the other fireworks were rubbish!

      Delete
  4. Oh and that is strange about Jackson still being around! Not that I wanted him gone or anything, it's good that he and Lisa can have more time together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! But yeah, it is nice that I can hold back crazy Lisa for a while! I was planning on having her come round to cry when he died, but it might not happen before the end of the generation! :p

      Delete
    2. Oh I didn't think about that! I bet Lisa will end up driving the sisters loony :D

      Delete
  5. Poor Jackson, master wants him dead.

    That sure was a fun day at the summer festival!! I laughed at Shae's embarrassment at her mother. Cool it, girl, your mama looks nice in a bikini still.

    Luis turned out cute, as always. I like how he and Layla wanted to become true fairies and live in the wilderness. :)

    That graveyard scene was a little creepy. I wonder too why Rose didn't want to come and if that has anything to do with it. They might could use her magic ability right now.

    Dun dun dun is right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, he's clogging up my town! I need space for future generations! :p

      Haha, yeah, Madi still looks good in a bikini (if a little anorexic), but not aging will do that to you. By my calculations, she's in her late 30's, so would probably still look good anyway. But you were a teenager once, surely you didn't want your mother wandering around in a bikini, playing with sprinklers and stuffing her face with hotdogs?!

      Hehe, I was happy how Luis turned out. I've actually been pretty shocked how good looking my sims have turned out, considering I'm using townies in every generation. That was me being lazy, really. There's no empty houses left in my town, and that way they can just wander around and I don't have to worry about them :p

      Hm. I hadn't thought about that. I think Rose just didn't want to go. She was a bit creeped out by the idea of hanging around a graveyard. The next chapter is already written, and I don't think her magic ability would have helped much :|

      Probably put the next one up tomorrow. I was going to do it tonight, but my brains all fuzzy and I can't proof it properly so don't trust myself to post. I am instead writing stuff for April. I meant to shoot the next chapter today, but as I said, brain fuzz, so I'll do that tomorrow too.
      Sorry to ramble, but I found a flaw in my 'diary style' format. If she stays the night somewhere (which is what I've been writing today) and something happens both days, it makes a ridiculously long chapter that I can't split up :| I mean, 4 pages in word, without pictures... Oh well. Warning for the future, expect wildly varying chapter lengths.

      Delete
  6. It was nice to see the family enjoying themselves at the summer festivale. And the two lovebirds - daaw. <3

    But then, that full moon worries me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The full moon was supposed to be "Yay, nobody got scared of the moon!", sorry if it came across as ominous! :p

      Delete
  7. What a nice family day! It looks like they are losing their fear of the full moon. I enjoyed all the pictures!

    Luis and Layla are a beautiful couple! Are you doing a story of their lives together?

    So glad I get to see what happened at the graveyard now!

    ReplyDelete