Friday 30 November 2012

Unexpected Surprises


I thought something felt different about this pregnancy, I was more tired than with Jackson, and I was definately growing quicker. I spoke to Ken about it one day. He looked worried and rang the hospital to book an ultrasound for the next day. He had the day off so would look after Jackson while I went alone.

Unfortunately, I woke up at about 4am (Ken was already up because he's on army times and works out early in the morning on his days off) in a lot of pain. It wasnt contractions, it didn't feel like the normal pain I'd been having recently though. So I got dressed and quickly rushed to the hospital, leaving Ken and Jackson to their father-son day, and hoped there would be a doctor available this early in the morning.




When I got to the hospital, I got some surprising news. "Mrs Mattell, I'm not sure how to say this, but... You're having triplets..." I was in shock. No wonder I was so tired, I'd been eating for two when I should have been eating for four! He told me that although I was only 7 months, the babies were healthy and viable, and as I was in so much pain, it would be best to deliver them via C-section as soon as possible. I was speechless, but had to ring Ken as they had an opening in the surgery in an hour, and I definately didn't want to wait any longer in as much pain as I was in!
"Hello honey, everything ok?"
"Yes... Erm... I'm pregnant with triplets and they need to deliver via C-section in an hour" I blurted out. Ken was silent, obviously as stunned as I was.
"I'll get Jackson dressed and we'll be right there..." he said eventually.
"No!" I said, it sounded ruder than I'd meant "We've only planned for one baby, and not got a crib as Jackson was supposed to have grown out of it by the time this one came along! Please find three cribs as cheap as possible and as quick as possible, I don't want to be wondering around shops with three babies and a toddler when I'm out of here!"
He agreed, wished me luck, and then we had to say goodbye.

When I got home it was chaos. There was a huge dog sitting in our doorway, and the bin was knocked over with all its contents spilled over the front of our house. I really wasn't in the mood for this, I just wanted to have something to eat and get into bed.
Baby Ayden, our second son, was born first, at 3lb 6
Then Holly, our first daughter 3lb 4.
And finally Shelly, our second daughter, and final child, 3lb.
Within minutes of arriving home, the post came, and there must be some psychic long-lost relative because they'd sent three dolls and we didnt even know we were having three, and the one we thought we were going to have, wasnt due for two months.
It was pretty cramped in the little bedroom we'd extended out. And Ken had managed to find 3 cribs for very cheap. They will out grow them in a few months, but they will do for now, at least until we can afford bigger ones, and Jackson has nearly outgrown his crib anyway, so I think a bed will be the first buy.

Ken offered to look after all 4 kids on his own while I had a nice warm bath, a plate of pancakes and then went to bed.





Guys, seriously, my sims have issues. I  knew this would happen. I was dreading it. All my sim families have multiple births in almost every generation, so look forward to me having more kids than I rolled in future generations, luckily I rolled 4 for this one and I don't have to risk going over. Ps, if my sims got fertility treatment, they'd probably have triplets for every pregnancy!  -_-



Next ->

12 comments:

  1. This is a good story! :D

    Your sims didn't have the fertility treatment? o.O Wow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankyou :) haha and no, im not sure what causes it, but until i got generations id had like 1 set of twins and no triplets, since then its rare to have a single child!! i dont really mind that much because i usually play big families, buti had a story planned out that ill have to use in a different generation now (fingers crossed)

    thankyou for reading :) ive never written down my sim stories before so its nice to know people are reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, triplets with no fertility treatment!
    If you have the child's radio or TV station on, that increases your chance of getting multiples,but other than that, you must have some weird luck with that!
    At least you are getting all of your required kids out early. But I bet running a daycare will be a nightmare with three of your own to take of too! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh i know :/ luckily i didnt roll perfect children or careers, so it makes it a little easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like your game has it out for your Mama sims! Hopefully, Barbie and Ken will handle it well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate how common the imaginary friend dolls are! 3/4 kids in the first generation of my legacy got dolls. They should be something special, not something that most of your children have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoa whoa whoa... you got triplets WITHOUT the fertility treatment?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes! I don't know how you're going to manage to care for trips!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "We're having triplets and they're coming out in an hour, just do you know." xD Facepalm! Way to ease him into it, Barbie.

    Also, those tiny cribs are adooorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And THATS what I call a full house! :-) Funny twist though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Triplets! No wonder she wants to go to bed!
    I bet they will all be as adorable as their brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a lot of bundles of chaos! ;)

    ReplyDelete