Saturday 2 November 2013

4.33 Football



"Sophie! Hurry up!" Autumn banged on the door for the umpteenth time that morning. Why did teenage girls need so long in the bathroom anyway?
"I'll come out when I'm ready to come out. There's another bathroom downstairs! Use your legs for once." His sisters voice shouted back at him.
"But Jaydean's in there and she went in there after you came in here so she'll be hours yet. I really gotta go!"
"Well, go in a glass or something, I don't care." Autumn growled, frustrated, before running down the hall and banging on his mothers door.

 "What?!" Kaity's sleepy voice sounded a little grouchy.
"I gotta pee!" Autumn shouted back.
"You're a big boy now, what's stopping you?" Autumn sighed. He didn't have time for this. He tried the door, finding it unlocked he burst in and ran to the bathroom. "Autumn!" Kaity shouted as the door slammed shut behind him.

 "Winter, I'm not having this conversation. You're leaving in a few hours, I just want to enjoy what time we have left with the kids. Ok?" Autumn could hear his parents muttering as he washed his hands.
"Why do you always want to avoid the important discussions?" His dad didn't sound angry, but he knew his mum, and she'd take it the wrong way and flip out. Autumn to the rescue!

 "What are we doing today?" He asked, leaving the bathroom and sitting on the end of the bed. Judging by the expression on his mothers face, just in time, too. They never argued in front of him, but he knew they did argue because Ellie could hear them through her wall.
"What do you want to do?" Winter asked, sitting up and patting the bed between himself and Kaity, Autumn took the hint and scootched up the bed to sit between them.
"I want to go to the summer fair!" He announced, lying back on the bed. "Ellie's grandad took her last weekend and she said it was really fun! They have rollerskating and water fighting!"

 Kaity smiled and started running her fingers through his hair.
"Did you brush your hair yet?" She asked, touseling the knots out.
"Yes." Autumn lied, as his father lay back down beside him. "Can we go?"
"Don't see why not. You'll have to brush your hair first, though." How did his mother always know? "Do you want to see if Josh and Ellie want to come too?" Autumn nodded and rushed off to tell his friends. He knew they'd come too, they wouldn't leave him to spend the day with his moody sisters!

"Yesyesyes!" Elise danced on the spot in excitement. "I love being outside, and it's so warm today. This will be loads of fun!"
"Don't mess yourself." Josh muttered, and Elise punched his arm playfully.
"Oh, Tum, I forgot to tell you they had football there! Some dumb guy with a weird accent said it was 'soccer', but grampy told me I was right and it is football." Autumn pulled a face. Why would he have cared about that?

"Josh, you in?" Autumn didn't even really like playing with Elise all that much. They played around together because he'd get told off if he left her out, but he had far more fun with Josh. It was nothing against Elise, really, she was a nice person, but she never wanted to play the same games and what she did want to play was boring.
"Yeah, I'll get my mum to come too. All she does is mope around the house anyways."

_____

And so the Mattell/Lansing/McQueen household, plus Winter, headed down to the park to spend the day at the festival.

"Would you have fun like this in boring old Riverview?" Kaity joked, alluding to the town he'd be flying to that night.
"Probably not." He admitted, a grin spreading across his lips. "I travel for the peace and quiet."
"Hey!" Kaity reprimanded him, hitting his chest. "Your life would be boring if you didn't have me!"
"It wouldn't be the same, that's for sure." He pulled her into a kiss.

"Do you miss me when you're gone?" Kaity asked quietly.
"Of course I do! Why do you ask that?" Kaity shrugged, and kissed him again.

"You have to stop him from getting the ball in the goal!" Elise shouted.
"Yes, Ellie. I'm not stupid." Autumn replied, rolling his eyes. He turned back to face Josh, who'd placed the ball on the grass and was standing just back from it.

Josh shot the ball towards him at speed, and Autumn caught it effortlessly.
"Wooo! Go Autumn!" Elise screamed, jumping to her feet and dancing an impromptu cheer.
"Aww man!" Josh moaned, Autumn grinned and he and Josh swapped places.

"Ready, Soph?"
"I don't know if I even want to do this anymore, Jay... I mean, there's so many! I feel sick just thinking about it."
"Don't be a wiener." Jaydean laughed at her own bad pun.

The attendant sounded the claxon, and the twins, plus the guy who looked like a hotel employee, tucked in.

"Oh my plumbob..." Jaydean shouted, spraying half-chewed hot dog everywhere. Sophie refused to look up, she was sure her sister was just trying to distract her.

"Wooooooo!!!! Oh-Em-Pee! I did it!" Jaydean shouted, being sure to let the whole park know that she'd won the competition.

Almost a full minute later, the hotelier finished, with Sophie mere seconds behind, feeling rather sick,
"Aaah," Jaydean sighed, cracking her knuckles. "That was a sinch. Not even full." She boasted. Sophie rolled her eyes, and headed off to find the ladies room. The quicker she got those heavy hotdogs out of her system, the better.

Shaena looked up from her phone when she heard her cousin Rose shout an over-excited greeting to the accidental family gathering. Before her eyes made it to her cousin, they were distracted by Leighton. He was up on the grassy section, talking to some woman she'd never seen before.
"Shae!" Her name was called from behind her. She sighed, shook her head at Leighton and turned to the source of the shouting, her brother, Luis.

As the sun began to set, Josh, Autumn and Elise took to the skating rink with Lyris and Liana Lansing, Josh's twin cousins. The Lansing twins were closer to Jaydean and Sophie's age, but they didn't start high school for a few more weeks yet.

"Hey, I kept trying to talk to you but I could never get you alone." Leightons voice made Shaena look up.
"Oh, uhm.. Sorry, I guess?" Shaena stuttered, they were hardly alone right now, with the paparazzi hovering around Leighton.
"It's not your fault you're popular." Leighton shrugged her apology off. "How are you doing? I've not seen you for a few weeks." Shaena eyed the pap, who was now taking notes.
"Uh, are we ok to do this another time? I'm not really comfortable... you know..." She gestured subtly towards the paparazzo.
"Oh, sure, I barely even notice them anymore. Sorry. I'll see you around, then?" Shaena nodded, before heading to the skating rink to collect Josh.

_____

"I'm just saying you guys were so awesome at football, but I was the best at skating! You can't argue with that, because it's true." Elise reiterated her earlier statement.
"Sure, whatever El." Josh smirked, knowing how much the boys were winding her up.

Elise growled, exasperated, before standing and turning to her two friends.
"You know, I do like you both and everything, but I hate you as well." And with that, she stormed out of Autumns room, and the boys laughed as her heard her own bedroom door slam.

_____


 "I don't want you to go." Kaity moaned for the hundreth time since they'd arrived home five minutes earlier. She threw the bedroom door open and sulked in, Winter breathed a laugh as he kicked the door closed with his heel and pulled her to him, squeezing her tight.
"You might have mentioned that once or twice." He mumbled into her hair.
"Your flight doesn't even leave for hours, why are you going so early?" She huffed, trying not to let the fact that she really wanted to turn around and kiss him get in the way of her mood.

"Because." He started, taking both her hands and kissing from the base of her neck, across to her shoulder.
"Winter..." Kaity squirmed a little.
"Because someone wouldn't let me go home these past few weeks, and I need to get some fresh clothes."
"I took your stuff to the laundrette for you when I did mine! I even paid." She scowled, trying to ignore his gentle kisses.
"I'm still down a few shirts, you stole one, and threw one out the car window-"
"I didn't! I told you! The laundrette must've lost it because I definately took it with me!" She tried to pull one of her hands free. "You might as well just keep all your clothes here, because you're going to spend every night you can here..." She muttered. Winter stopped kissing, and there were a few moments silence while they each waited for the other to speak.

When she didn't continue, Winter spun her around and pulled her close, staring her straight in the eye.
"But then what would be the point in me renting that room?"
"I guess there wouldn't be a point." Kaity breathed. Why was she so nervous? There was a pause again.
"Well, that seems a little silly. Why would I waste my money renting a room I'll never use if we both agree there's no point?"
"Winter..." Kaity sighed. "Why are you being difficult?" She began to pull away a little, and Winter caught her arm.

"I want you to say the words, Kaity."
"I can't."
"Why not? What are you scared of?"
"I don't know!" She whined.
"You know what my answer will be." Kaity sighed, and there was silence again. Winter was just staring into her eyes, waiting. He clearly wasn't going to let this go easily.

After a couple of minutes, Kaity huffed. Why hadn't he given up already? She took a deep breath to steady her nerves.
"Will you move in with me?" She whispered. Winter leaned in and gave her a quick peck on the lips as a reward.
"Yes." He replied, before pulling her close once more and kissing her properly.

"But I do have to go still." Winter mumbled, pulling back.
"I know." Kaity muttered. She couldn't seem to find her voice. She'd never been so sure of something in her life, but at the same time she'd never felt so nervous, excited and happy all at once.

"But when you get back..." Kaity breathed, trailing off.
"When I get back we'll move my stuff over." He quickly pecked her on the lips again, before pulling away fully to grab his suitcase.





I have no idea where Autumns tattoo- uh... markings are, but I did save him to bin with them, so I'll just have to transfer that version of him over before next chapter. Jaydean and Sophie's stockings, and Josh's outfit, were installed via launcher, and I forgot to reinstall all that stuff before playing. I'll add them back next time.
 And no, I never usually use the word 'sinch', that's American. Most of you are from the US, and I didn't think you'd know what 'pimp-squeak', or 'pimpsy' meant.

18 comments:

  1. Aww, Kaity finally managed to ask Winter to move in... I love how Autumn deliberately interrupted the possible fight at the beginning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, took a little coaxing, but she got there :D Hehe, Autumn knows what Kaity is like, and like any kid he doesn't want them fighting. I'm pretty sure there was no possibility of a relationship ending fight, Winter seems to handle Kaity's moods pretty well.

      Delete
  2. Yeeps! He's moving in with her! Happy dance!

    This was such a fun chapter! I enjoyed seeing the kids have fun at the festival. I don't know how you take shots with all of them like that, that's gotta take some serious organizational skills!

    Oh Autumn! He's such a sweet boy. I love how he's so in tune with both his parents, and the insight he has into their relationship. It's so sweet the way he stopped their arguing before it had begun.

    Really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! About time, right? :D

      Thank you! Uhm, how do I take those pics? Pause. Pause is your friend. Haha! Get everyone there, pause, queue up some interactions for each of them, so there's always stuff in the background, pick someone to take pictures of first, unpause, shoot, pause, move to next character ect ect. Takes a while, and a little organisation, but not as much as planning posed scenes.

      He is pretty sweet :) I think living with Kaity has wised him up to how relationships work (whether his parents relationship is a good model is another thing), and as with anyone else in the house, he's learned to tiptoe around her moodswings.

      Aww! Thank you :D

      Delete
  3. Autumn is adorable. He's so sweet and yet it's a realistic sweet. Like, he still winds up Elise, and complains about his sisters, and barges into rooms. Very kid like. lol. Can't wait to get to know more about him and what he likes.

    Poor Shaena. All she wants is a Leighton and some privacy and those don't seem to go hand in hand. Is she really moping over him? If she is poor girl really has it bad!

    Oh Kaity. Look at you. Growing up a little. Even asking your boyfriend to move in. First a boyfriend instead of a one night stand, then an I Love You, and now Will You Move In. So when will the bigger question be? That really big one? That huge one we're all waiting for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thank you! I have little experiance with kids, so it's comforting to know I can write them ok! You'll get to know him, don't worry, he ain't going nowhere!

      Oh, uh... I didn't realise how that would look. sorry. Yes, Shae has been moping, but as part of her coming to terms and recovering from her boyfriend murdering her best friend. She probably didn't give much thought to Leighton since that party. The sighing and shaking her head was at the fact he was with yet another girl. Sorry! :|

      Hehe :D She needed a little encouragment, but she got there!
      Uh... I get the feeling that question will be down to Winter. Haha! It would probably take a bit more that "Say the words." and then waiting in silence for her to do it :p
      Lets just say, I'm sure Winter has thought about it, but is waiting to judge the right time. Not that I think you could pick a right time with Kaity... May have to get prepared and just blurt it out when she's in the right mood ;)

      Delete
  4. It was nice to see Autumn interacting with his friends and siblings. Poor kid, can't get to a bathroom with two teenage girls in the house! LOL. And is his being good at football a sign of what he will be when he grows up? Hmm, makes me wonder. I like that you are starting to flesh out his character for us. We can start to get interested in the future heir. Although I will really miss Kaity, Winter, and Shae when Autumn takes over. And I love how Winter made Kaity ask "Will you move in with me?" I really enjoyed the impromptu family reunion in the park!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the problematic life of a little brother ;)
      Uh, he's not rolled athletic career. Quite the opposite, actually. He just was good at it. He caught the ball first time!
      And it's about time I got everyone to fall in love with Autumn, will hopefully make leaving gen 4 behind a little easier. Especially as I'm moving worlds :( This one has got too laggy and everyone is related, so time to move on. I'll miss them too, but at least I can keep their save and play them if it gets too hard!
      Hehe! She has a hard time admitting her feelings, and he's trying to get her to get over that :) What better way to force it to happen?
      I enjoyed it too! Haha! Everyone there (nearly) was a relative or someone involved in the story :)

      Delete
  5. *says in a weird accent* Football?! I only saw soccer, lol :P

    That was a sweet family moment, Autumn cuddled between his parents, and very clever on his part to distract them like that!

    I loved the whole interaction between Winter and Kaity at the end, they are a great couple, and he deals with her so well! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe :D

      It was a sweet moment, but I did hate that pose... lol! I don't know why, but thank you!

      He does deal with her well. It's a skill :P A lot of people would have given up by now, but luckily he seems to be able to shrug off her moods. If only Colin could find someone like that... Maybe he'd calm down ;)

      Delete
  6. Why indeed, Autumn? Why teenage girls need so long in the bathroom is one of the greatest unsolved mysteries known to mankind. Go in a glass. Really? Bless his heart, he really doesn't have time for all the arguments and questions. When you gotta go, you gotta go!

    That's such a sweet shot of Autumn lying between his mom and dad <3

    Oh pft. It's soccer :P It's really cute seeing the kids interact. Where did Josh get his hair from? Funny how Autumn prefers Josh over Elise. Silly little boys. Give it a few more years, then see who you like playing with more.

    LOL. Took me a minute to realize that the Oh Em Pee wasn't a typo. But I'm really proud of myself, I recognized Leighton in the background over the Pap's shoulder before I even read it was him, hehe. And welcome back to the land of the living, for the Lansing twins!

    Oh gosh. I'm sooooo glad Leighton finally went and talked to Shae. She seemed genuinely bummed out that he *didn't* take advantage of her, from what she told Kaity. Little surprised at her ushering him away on account of the Pap, though. You'd think she'd be used to that with Kaity. Damn it. C'mon Shae, you want to talk to him, you know it.

    D'aww, well played, Winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yep! It's even a mystery to those of us who have been teenage girls! Good luck working that one out, Tummy! Haha, think that 'go in a glass' comment was to get him out the way. It worked, though!

      Thanks, I hate that shot. Haha! I don't really like that pose, but I was too lazy to make one ;)

      Clearly not! Didn't you hear what Elise said?! *rolls eyes* Where did Josh get his hair? Is that the colour or the style? The colour is from Alex, his daddy, and the style... *shrugs* an EP, I think.
      Haha! Yep! Once the hormones kick in, I'm sure Autumn would rather be around girls than boys ;) Maybe even Elise to get to her friends? But right now, Elise is just boring because her idea of fun is different.

      Haha! Well done! :) I didn't stage that, he was just there with some woman and I was like "Oh! Thanks, Leighton! I forgot about you." :p And yes! Lucas was there, too. Elise talked at him for a while, but he didn't make it in because his outfit was even worse than the Lansing girls :|

      Yeah, at the time (a few weeks ago at this point) she just wanted to get laid, it's been a while... Leighton was genuinely making sure she was alright, she's still in therapy, as as Josh said, she mainly mopes around the house. Shae stays clear of the paps as much as she can, they don't tend to flock around Kaity, because that would probably be pretty dangerous for them... Leighton doesn't mind them as much, and lets them follow him when he's doing everyday things. Yes, she wants to talk to him, but she doesn't want it to be in the paper, as she doesn't want to put Josh through that the same was that Autumn and the twins are having to go through it.

      Hehe :D He knows what he's doing.

      Delete
  7. Yay, finally, Kaity is making a commitment and inviting Winter to move in.

    poor Autumn, lol, you need to add another bathroom.

    Shae & Leighton...I'm still shipping them. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, she had to be forced to admit what she was saying, but she got there in the end!

      Hm... Not really got any room.... haha! The two family bathrooms are pretty big, so the twins could share one. Dread the day there's 5 teens in this house, as there'll be three girls so Autumn will have a lot more shouting to do ;)

      Hm... Maybeee ;D

      Delete
  8. I must say it is about time they moved in together.....Awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it? I mean, they have a kid together, and Winter is always there, why not make it official? :)

      Delete
  9. Is that how sinch is spelled? cinch means something easy.
    Pipsqueak, yes. a weakling
    Pimpsy no.

    Anyhoo! That's great that Winter is finally moving in.
    Poor Autumn thinking that because he intervenes that his parents won't fight. Sorry, hun, they fight anyway; they just put it off. :)

    That was funny how the boys treated Elise. Poor girl. She needs some gal-friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea. hah. I didn't realise it was a real word, so didn't bother to spell check. You're probably right, cinch.
      Pipsqueak is a weakling, pimpsqueak means easy, and pimpsy is short for pimpsqueak. Don't ask me where they came from, I have no idea. I've used them both all my life, and it dawned on me when writing this up that they're probably colloquilalisms that nobody else would get.

      Anyway, yes. It is pretty great! About time, as he spends most of his time there!
      Aww, I'm sure we all thought the same! I don't think he needs to worry anyway, I can't see Winter leaving her now. She'd have to do something pretty drastic to scare him off after all they've been through!

      Bless her, yes, she does. She'll make some at school. I'm imagining her as one of those people who just can't stop talking, which is why the boys wind her up. Then she'll get annoyed and walk off, leaving them with some peace ;)

      Delete