Saturday 20 July 2013

4.20 'Family'


(Please don't listen to this as you read. If you're going to listen, please listen to it all before reading because this song doesn't fit with the chapter well enough to be background music. It fits with the story, so it's not totally random, promise! Have this picture to look at while you listen, as the video isn't much. It's pretty weird/creepy/cheesy/boring, to be honest)






 The weeks went by with Kaity moping alone, but putting on her usual happy bravado around others. Especially Winter.

Winter was over constantly, he'd kept true to his promise of helping to raise his son, and spent plenty of time with the twins too.

 

Elise was a gorgeous little girl, Kaity and Shaena could see a lot of their late best friend in her, which made it hard to treat her like the child she was. They were used to her face on Bonnie, and had to try their hardest to remind themselves that Elise was not their dead best friend. When Winter was over, he was a father figure to both her and Joshua too.



Kaity was amazed by how easily he'd taken to parenthood; like a duck to water, the saying went. Overnight he'd gone from being childless to raising five children under six.


Kaity would do anything for her children, and that extended to Elise and Joshua too. Raising the next generation was a shared responsibility in the house as it had been for their mothers. History was repeating itself in ways, but it differed in others. Both girls worked on the home lot in the attached shop predominantly, although Shaena had to go out more often to collect the insects, gems, rocks and plants needed for the herbal medicines and knick-knacks.

The shop was getting busier, and Kaity wondered if most of the custom might be journalists hoping to catch a glimpse of her 'mystery man', as the papers called him. They were yet to have cornered him for an interview, and she'd considered asking him to arrange an interview to stop the constant crowd from lurking around outside.

For now, though life was looking up. The kids all got on brilliantly, and played together constantly. Winter had never stopped talking to her as she'd assumed he would, but she realised that was because he was alot more mature than herself. She began to wonder how old he was, she was sure he was a lot older, and wasn't sure he knew how old she was. She was too nervous to ask, though.

They had both realised they hardly knew each other, and Winter would state something and ask her opinion of whatever the topic was. Kaity thought he was just trying to torture her at first, forcing her to interact with him after smashing her heart with his big, strong hands, but Shaena had pointed out that it was common in the "getting to know you" stage of a relationship to do things like that.

That comment gave Kaity hope, and she started doing the same thing back. She found out his favourite colour was orange, which shocked her as he usually wore white and grey. He said it was because orange didn't work with his skintone. This had made Kaity invest in some orange underwear, in the hope that at some point they would get to the stage where he'd see it and realise she could listen, and think of other people.


_____

It was a hot Saturday, the twins were begging to go to the beach. Kaity called Winter, and he agreed to come too, but Shaena pointed out that Elise being a vampire wouldn't be able to spend a sunny day outside, and so she offered to stay behind with her and Joshua.

Kaity had packed a picnic, and once it was all consumed the small family sat in the sand talking. Kaity liked thinking that one day they could be a real family. She'd love to marry Winter, and she'd never thought she'd feel like that about anyone. She was sure it was a long way off, but she decided to let herself hope that it could happen one day.

"Lyris told me that she saw a werewolf in the park at the festival." Sophie announced. "I think we should go there next."
"Soph, you've not even been in the sea yet! Maybe next weekend, we don't need to do everything at once."
"But Lyris-"
"I said next weekend, Sophie." Sophie pouted, attempting to change her mothers mind. "Change the subject. What else happened at school?"

"Lucas ran into a wall." Jaydean giggled.
"Yeah, your aunt Rose told me about that. What happened?" Kaity asked.
"He was playing chase with some other boys, and he was looking behind him to see if they were catching up. And then, BAM!" Sophie and Jaydean both burst out laughing. "It was so funny, you should have seen it."
"That's cruel, Jay. He's your cousin, I hope you checked he was ok?"
"Liana did." They both replied, causing everyone to smile at their cliched twin speak.

"Daa-deee ah-ah-aaahh" Autumn sang, picking up handfuls of sand and letting them run through his fingers, before clutching more handfuls and repeating the process.
"Aww, our baby brother is a clever cutie!" Sophie said, tickling his cheek with her finger making him squeal. "Winter? Will you play in the sea with us?"
"Course I will." He leant down and kissed his son on the head, before being dragged to the shoreline by the girls.

Kaity sat herself up and pulled Autumn to her.
"Your daddy is an amazing man, isn't he, Tummy?" She smiled at her stupid nickname, and wondered how many years it would last before he was old enough to find it embarrassing. Autumn reached for her, grinning at the mention of 'daddy'.
"Daa-dee!" He squealed, pointing at her.
"No. Muh-mee." She smiled. "Daddy is the big blue hunk with your sisters. You know that." She picked him up before flipping onto her stomach and facing the sea, watching her girls splash and squeal with Winter.

"See, I never had a daddy, and my mummy didn't have time for family outings. She was out making the town safe. You're lucky, because your granny is out catching the bad guys so mummy and daddy can take you out like this." She kissed his head as he squeaked, giggled and babbled.

I wonder what my life would have been like if my father had stuck around? Would I be this messed up? Would I already have Winter instead of this stupid game of cat and mouse? Would I have had the twins? Kaity had never really given much thought to her absent father, or why Taylor had never tried to explain what happened between them the way her aunt had explained Geoffrey's death to Shaena. Until she'd seen how happy her kids were with Winter in their lives, until she realised how much easier it was having a man around the house, she'd never even thought about it. Now she had questions, and hoped Taylor would be alright to answer them.

_____

That evening

"Hey, mum. How are you? ... Good, yeah I'm ok. Look, I know this is random and out of the blue, but I'd like to know about my father..." 




Damn, I'm so good at photoediting... :p
Yeah, so I forgot to put the phone accessory in-game, so I drew a phone into that last picture, and all but the first and last beach pics were really dark, so I had to fix them.

Sorry the pics don't link with the text in the first part. I got carried away playing with babies and forgot that there were adults who were meant to feature in the chapter, and then I realised I only had pictures of Elise (because she's sooooo cute!) and poor Josh got overlooked, meaning Shaena did too. So they're in the bathroom peeping at us in one of the shots ;) 

Shaena got a new outfit, because it's now late-spring in game and didn't want her to get hot in that jumper. (And I will name the seasons this generation! WOOO!)
I realised after reading GigaRevival's new Dean Legacy chapter, that people might not know how to pronounce most of the names this generation, so here's all the names.
Kaity - Katy/Katie/K.T/Kaytee, there are a million different spellings. Kaity is Irish, I think.
Shaena - Shay-nah (I recently discovered this is a real name! Although spelt 'Shayna')
Winter - Win-ter.
Sophie - So-fee.
Jaydean - Jay-deen.
Joshua - Josh-yoo-ah.
Autumn - Or-tum.
Elise - El-eese. 

This authors note is about as long as the chapter. Oops. Sorry :p 
(Oh, does my font look smaller to anyone else? :/) 

34 comments:

  1. I love it, the kids are so cute, especially Autumn in that last beach picture. And tummy is such a good nickname, even if it will probably lead to a lifetime of embarrassment.
    And the font looks the same to me, but I'm reading it on an ipad if that makes any different

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnak you! Yes, they are extremely cute, and now I don't want them to grow up :(
      It's 'Tummy's big eyes and pointy ears that make him adorable. I realised there isn't really a way to shorten Autumn without it being embarrassing, and I'm sure when they're all a little older his big sisters will make sure he never forgets that one ;)

      It does to me now, too. I think I'd accidentally zoomed out at some point, I zoomed in once and it all looks normal again. Thanks for the feedback on that one anyway :)

      Delete
  2. Ee, this was sweet. Kaity is finally starting to grow up a little. I have some high hopes for her and Winter eventually as they get to know each other.
    The kids are all adorable.
    Love the nickname Tummy!

    And, yay, Kaity is finally asking about her 'father'. I can't wait to see how Taylor deals with that one, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! About time, right? There was a danger of her kids ending up more mature than her if she didn't start to act her age soon.
      Yes, the fact that Winter has stuck around and put himself in the other childrens lives is a good sign. That pic where they autonomously stared longingly at each other was a bit of a giveaway for that too, and I didn't stage it or plan on getting a pic like it :p

      They are SO adorable! I want them to be babies forever! :(
      Hehe, I don't think Autumn will like that one when he's a little older. I hope it doesn't stick too well ;) It works well for a baby, but as he gets older he'll seriouslu hate it.

      Yes, finally! Haha, she'd not realised what she missed out on until Winter started being around all the time. I mean, Taylor and Madi did a great job, but they were both shaken up from becoming single parents, and I think Kaity especially needed that male influence. Maybe she wouldn't be such a man-eater if she'd had that. Not that she'd have got that from her 'father' ;)

      Delete
  3. Orange underwear in the hopes he'd see it and realize she listened??? R.O.F.L. Kaity you are somethin' else darlin'! Love it!

    DundaDUN! Father! Oh man. I do so hope Taylor either gets her rear over to Kaity's house, or gets Kaity somewhere where she can actually explain it and doesn't even attempt it on the phone. That is, if she finally does explain it. That one has been a long time coming and I'm glad to see that Kaity is asking some questions.

    All the cute Baybeez!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pahahaha!! Well, she's changing and growing up, but she's not changed completely. I nearly died laughing when I thought that one up ;)

      Haha! Yes, I can confirm now that Taylor will come over, as will Rose and Jake, because they need to do this properly as a family and really talk about it. Taylor won't hold anything back, she'd expected this conversation to arrive much earlier, and she thought she'd have to say something that time in her bedroom with Rose and Kaity pregnant and she was asking about fathers.
      I don't think Kaity will be the only one with questions, either. She'll probably be the one with the loudest questions, but her siblings will have some to say too.

      I knowww! <3

      Delete
  4. I love Kaity's reasoning for the orange undies. Hoping to move the relationship forward already, eh there Kaity? ;)

    I couldn't help feeling bad for poor little Lucas, possibly because I can sympathize. I run into walls almost daily (massively clumsy), but have learned since to laugh at it. I hope he doesn't have crippling embarrassment! Lol.

    Winter is so adorable with all the kiddos and I'm happy to see him taking the role of father on so easily. What a great guy!

    And that cliffhanger! I can't wait to see Taylor tackle Kaity's questions.

    (Thanks for the little plug in your challenge notes. <3 Also, I've been pronouncing some of the names wrong all along. Thanks for clearing that up!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, well, she can't totally change that quickly ;)

      Yes, poor Lucas! Lyris and Liana are Luis and Laylas twins, (so many 'L' names!!) luckily Lucas knows all four girls that are teasing him well, and their parents are all close enough to share things like that. I think he'll be ok.

      Yes, what a great guy! :) If only we could all find someone like that. I think the kids, Josh and Elise especially, will really appreciate him later in life. It isn't often someone like him come along and raises other peoples kids!

      Haha! I'm going to start work on that one today or tomorrow, I might post it before the weekend, depending how many chapters I can get done by Tuesday night. Don't get your hopes up!

      (It's ok! Out of interest, which names were those? Kaity, Shaena and Elise? They were the ones I wondered about.)

      Delete
    2. It was Autumn (I was pronouncing it like the season, Ah-tum) and Shaena (mostly because I automatically assume that if a name has unique spelling, then that must mean the pronunciation is unique as well. Lol).

      Delete
    3. 'Or-tum' is how you pronounce the season :|
      Well, how I do anyway... :p

      Delete
  5. Aw, what a sweet family outing, it's great seeing them happy and carefree after what they'd been through over the past few weeks.

    As much as it hurts to lose Bonnie, at least they know she lives on in Elise, through her daughter she'll always be a part of Kaity and Shaenna's lives and I'm glad they are taking care of her like she's their own.

    I understand Kaity's curiosity about her father, hopefully the answers she gets from her mother give her closure and alleviate a lot of her doubts and insecurities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they need a little downtime. Unfortunately, with Alex's trial looming, it might not stay so happy forever. We'll have to see what happens in court!

      Yes, that's a great way to put it! And they can re-live the good memories of Bonnie by telling Elise all about her when she's old enough.

      Well, I think the answers to her questions might stun her into silence for once! Or then again, she's more likely to start shouting and screaming and not listen to what Taylor has to say. We'll have to see just how much she's grown up, won't we?

      Delete
  6. Heh heh, Kaity and orange undies, that was cute! :D I'm sure when Winter gets to the point of seeing her in her undies (I'm saying when, not if, lol) I doubt he'll care what color they are! :P

    All the kidlets are cute! And Winter, he is a neat guy, taking on so many kids like that. He's one in a million. I'm glad that Kaity is beginning to recognize that, and she even wants to get married! Wow! She's come a long way!

    I can't wait to see what happens when Taylor reveals all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yes, he's been there before, but still... Heat of the moment and all that. I think Kaity will have to point that out to him. How many adult men do you know who care about their favourite colour? :p

      They are! They're all so adorable, hence the lack of adult pics :p
      Yes, definately one in a million, both Kaity and Shaena are lucky to have found him!
      Yes, she's been rolling wished to marry since she had the twins! Damn family oriented trait! ;) Thought I'd throw that knowledge out there so it doesn't come as too much of a shock if/when that happens a while off.
      She is growing up, though, and it's about time!

      Yes, that will be an interesting conversation! Next chapter :)

      Delete
  7. Oh boy. I wonder how Taylor is going to handle that question. Maybe this isn't something that can be discussed over the phone. Maybe Winter needs to be there to cool her down. ...no pun intended. well, okay it was hehe

    I liked all the beach shots!
    'Tummy'? LOL
    I like how the twins talk. It's so cute!
    The vampire baby scares me, but I'm a fraidy-cat.

    I'm SO GLAD that Kaity and Winter are working on establishing a real relationship. I don't think I can say it any better than that. Maybe now Kaity can really grow up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pahaha! No, it can't be handled on the phone. That's next chapter, she'll handle it properly, and Taylor, Rose and Jake will all come over and talk like calm civilised adults... Maybe. :p
      And yes, Winter will be in the house helping Shae keep all 5 kids entertained for an hour or two. I'm sure he can save the day again if needed ;)

      Thank you! Hehe, I need to fix one or two of the rigs in that big family pose, but I should have them released this week :) I don't know what went on with the lighting, though.
      Yes, hahaaa! Nice of Kaity to give him an embarrassing nickname, wasn't it?
      What the cliched saying the same thing (which was just an accident, I'm not making that a regular thing cus it's creepy) or the way they were talking about school and friends?
      What? Elise is gorgeous! I spammed the thread on MTS quite a bit and everyone agreed. I want her to stay a toddler forever, even though she stays pretty as she ages. She's not scary, don't worry :)

      It will be good for Kaity to have a real relationship, as all her 'relationships' up til now have just been about one thing, and that thing didn't have much to do with getting to know each other...
      But yes, Winter is definately good for Kaity, so she should start to grow up. He's secretly training her without her knowledge, but I don't know if that will ever come out anywhere other than this comment... :p

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah! I chucked in a duck reference for you :p Did you spot it?

      Delete
    3. Yah know, I saw the duck reference, but it flew right past my head b/c ducks are everywhere with me. 'water off a duck's back' 'duck to water' etc :) Oh, and I'm married to an engineer so everything is duct tape (duck tape being the popular name brand). I desperately want to throw in a 'my goose is cooked' thing here, but I can't fit it in anywhere lol. geese/ducks they're all water fowl anyway. We have a great blue heron at the lake in front of me that's been here all my life (or its parent), but I think that's going a bit too far in the water fowl department. I don't think it's a fowl either. We have a loon too; does that count?
      I. Am. Rambling.

      ANYway, I picked up on Winter 'training' her secretly, and it made me laugh a little as I read it because I can totally understand where he's coming from. :)

      Delete
    4. LOL! Ramble on, I don't mind ;)
      I call it 'duck tape', even though I don't think we have that brand here. I didn't even know it was 'duct' until I was about 18 :|
      I think goose is ok, but blue herons and loons probably take it a step too far. You loon ;)

      She needs training! I think she'd be angry if she ever found out.

      Ok, gunna read your reply to my comment on SWNT now before I forget again, again, again.

      Delete
  8. Awww, Kaity is sweet in her own way. Getting orange underwear for Winter? What a doll. I hope those crazy kids work it out.

    Tummy is a fantastic nickname for Autumn. He is going to be so embarrassed when he grows up.

    I really can't wait to see how Taylor reacts to Kaity's question. That's a cloud that's been looming over their lives for quite some time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, it is kinda sweet, though I doubt he'll notice that kind of thing when it comes to it ;)
      I'm sure they will, things are looking good right now, aren't they.

      Haha! Yes, poor boy! As if he wasn't going to get teased enough about his bright blue hair, pink eyes and pointy ears... Hopefully his big sisters will be there to look after him.

      Yes, it will be interesting to see how she explains it, it's not your average conversation... It's not even your average 'this is what happened to daddy' story! Haha, will be interesting seeing the triplets reactions, too.

      Delete
  9. Oh Kaity. Buying orange underwear doesn't exactly count as something to show that you're listening, LMAO.

    Really though I'm glad Winter is handling things like this. In a way, it seems like it's made Kaity realize some things about herself--such as her feeling that he's more mature than she is, and that they didn't really know that much about each other. It's like Winter has 'reset the game' so to speak. He's not reneging on his duties as a parent, and in fact seems to really take to it. Kaity doing what she did probably burned him a bit, but he's not turned his back on her. He just had to back up. "Getting to know you" is really a good way to start, and maybe someday it will lead to something so much more solid.

    D'aww. That picture of Kait and Autumn on the beach watching the rest of them is so adorable!

    Oh.my.gosh. When I got to the end where you've put the name pronunciations, I was like "who wouldn't know how these are pronounced?!" ...and then I got to Autumn. Ortum? Really? Girl there's no R in there! Over here we say it "Ah-tum".

    You know what else, I just realized I read your story with what I imagine to be a British accent, lol. It goes so well with how you phrase things :D Or maybe I should just say a "european accent", as they largely sound the same to me. I skyped with my friend in Israel and heard his voice and said "oh you sound British!" and he made fun of me forever for that :-/

    Anyhoo, don't leave us hanging too long for Taylor's answer!! I'm tempted to email you and hound you for spoilers! How exactly do you tell your daughter she sprung from no earthly union. "Well dear, your father is actually an evil bitch that hounded the family for two generations". Who needs a father anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (oh yeah, but I had all the other name pronunciations right!)
      I think all my characters are pretty easy to pronounce right? Except for maybe Ayala. I say it as "eye-allah".

      Delete
    2. No, but to her crazy brain it makes perfect sense ;) I think she'll have to point that detail out if/when they get to that point. LOL!

      Yes, well, Winter *is* more mature. Though for all we know he could be 700 years old to Kaity's early 20's, which would make a lot of sense to why he's so mature.
      "Reset the game" is a perfect way to put it! Yes, that's what he's done. Neither of them have mention the conferance or Leighton, so it's like they're meeting for the first time again (if you ignore the fact that they have a son...)

      Yes, Winter loves kids (I don't know his traits, so I'm making them up as I go along ;) I could change them as he's not part of the household, I guess), and it's really noble of him to help out with not only the twins, who are actually related to his son, but Josh and Elise too. It's nice to see how much the twins love him too.

      "Getting to know you" should have been the original start, but Kaity happened ;) Well, they both happened, because nobody was forced into what happened at the conference, but there wasn't much time for talking and getting to know each other.

      It is, isn't it? Awww. I didn't make that one, I think that's by Addie.

      LOL! You 'Mericans butchering the English language! Ok, so maybe it's more like "Awe-tum", but "Ah-tum" is a tiny molecule (atom).

      Haha! That's so weird! Every character in every legacy/story I read has their own accent depending on where I judge them to be from. I don't know how my brain remembers it all!
      Uh, Europeans sound very different to us, probably because English isn't their first language. And Israel isn't even in Europe! You need some geography and accent lessons, girl!

      It won't be too long! I'm going to shoot it today, and if I get the next one done by Wednesday I'll release it then, if not then the weekend.
      Exactly! It's a confusing situation to explain!

      Ah, see I was saying "Ay-arla" Weird how everyone pronounciations are so different. The rest are easy, though.

      Delete
  10. I'm glad that Winter is giving Kaity a chance. :)

    All the kids are cute, it's good that Winter wants to be around for them.

    The "daddy" conversation should be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's sweet that he wants to make things work! And that he's willing to help with all 5 kids, when he'd still be a good guy if he only helped with Autumn.

      Oh, it should be! Haha! Not your everyday conversation ;)

      Delete
  11. Awe-tum works too. Ah-tum doesn't sound the same as 'atom' how we say it =D The A in atom has more the same sound as the a in 'cat'. It's often said just like the name 'Adam'.

    Yeah yeah. So not European then, just "countries over there" xD all apparently sound the same to me. Although I can pick out Arabic and African and Oriental accents. Just not the rest of all you. Oh well, I haven't traveled much, and never to that part of the world, maybe that's part to do with it. I went to Guatemala once, but that's the only time I've been out of the country.

    Ay-arla? Again--no R in there xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's how we say 'atom'. I was thinking "ah" was a short 'A', like in apple, but I think you meant it to be a longer 'A' sound, like in... Uh.... I can't think of any examples. Like what you say when you go to a dentist.

      LOL! Bit weird that Arabic, African (which is a huge load of different languages and accents, I might add...) and Oriental (I'll give you that, their accents are very similar) make the cut for the ones you can recognise, when you'd think you hear more English/Irish/Scottish/Welsh accents on TV. That's how I know different American accents. The other accents I know either come from unrest in the country being on the news, or living in a very multi-cultural area where I hear a lot of different accents.
      I've not travelled much by UK standards. As we're such a small country, it's common to go abroad every year. Like most working-class families, we never left Europe (except that one time when my cousins moved to the US. I think it was Pennsilvania - can't spell). I've been to France, Spain(+Majorca) and Italy. Italy was my dads favorite, so I've been all over there over about 10 years. He went there on business all the time, so spoke quite a bit of Italian too, so that helped. I actually know more Italian than French (we do French for 5 years at school), and I don't know much Italian... I can count to 5, and order a ham sandwich with crisps. And an ice cream (Gelato). Oh and pizza and pasta, as those words stay the same, as do a lot of foods we get from Italy.

      Anywayyyy....
      I don't know why my mind puts 'R's into word that don't have them. Maybe it's because we say 'gala' like 'garla', where as I think you say 'galla', so that's probably where that one came from.

      In reality, "Autumn" in my accent, is "awe-um", because I don't pronounce my T's or H's.
      "'ello, Awe-um. 'ow eh ya?" Is how I'd say "Hello, Autumn. How are you?" I basically can't talk. :p "owehya" is a very common 'word'(if you can call it that) for hello,too. You say it as you walk into work and call it out to everyone as you walk by. Well, either owehya, or yaarite - "You alright?" (If you were from the north, that would become "yaareet?")

      Ok, enough now. Shut up. :p

      Delete
    2. hey I just noticed that your pictures do show up on my new Nook! that means I can read in bed. (just recently upgraded from my Nook tablet to the Nook HD+).

      Oh I'm sure there are different accents within the broad descriptions I named. But the lot of them sound largely the same to me :P

      There's people here who say things funny too, so I'm just teasing you <3 Like the city Chicago, for instance. Most would say it "shi-cah-go" but I've heard some people say it "shi-car-go" and I'm like, there's no R in there!!! And some who say the word "was" as "warsh".

      But yeah, I meant a long ahhhh like you say at the dentist, lol. Ahhhhhtum.

      Delete
    3. sorry, meant to say, they say "wash" as warsh. Still getting used to this new keyboard.

      Delete
    4. Aw cool! Must've been a problem with the old one then!

      LOL! I knew you were just teasing, it's fine. I would say "Shi-caa-go". Not a full 'R' sound, but not a 'cah' sound.
      "Warsh" is like how the royal family speak! Haha! And 'barth', 'grars', 'glarse'. (Bath, grass, glass). That long 'A' sound is used more further south, and the short 'A' is a northern thing. As I'm in the middle, I'm mixed. I say bath, grass, glass, but I can say half as either 'haff' or 'harf' depending on the sentance. (Dropping the 'H's, of course)
      "I'll be there in harf an hour"
      "The time is haff past four"
      I don't get it either, it's the only word I switch up.

      What an odd off-topic conversation we're having! :p

      Delete
  12. I think it's good that they are taking their time with their relationship. They both need to build up their trust in each other. It's so sweet the way that Katie was dreaming of marrying Winter one day. I hope it happens for them. He's so deeply a part of their lives now, that it would be so hard for the children to be without him now.

    I thought the pictures were really nice! The kids are all so adorable. They looked like a happy family.

    I wonder how Taylor is going to explain about Kaity's "father."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you're all caught up! I just read through all the comments you left yesterday (you read loads!) and loved seeing your reactions change chapter-to-chapter. I see you're another Winter fan. I smiled when I saw that on the chapter where you first meet him, knowing that you'd get to the gift where he is. Pahaa, now you can grope him all you want ;)

      Yes, they realised after the 'Leighton incident' that they didn't really know each other at all, so they're now taking the time to start over and really get to know each other, rather than jumping into bed within hours of meeting... ;)

      They are a happy family right now. Unfortunately, things will start to get tense again as Alex's trial looms. Hopefully everyone will be happy with the outcome, and can continue with their lives after :)

      Taylor and the 'father' talk is next chapter. Will be up Friday/Saturday :)

      Thanks for reading! I am still slowly reading Alissa, there's a bit more to read there than there is here ;)

      Delete
  13. I absolutely love how Winter and Kaity are rebuilding their relationship. It's so cute! The asking questions, the family outings, and the orange underwear. I hope she can truly commit to him like she wants to, and that he'll accept it, but she's gotta give it some time! Cheating takes a long time to recover from.

    Also, the kids are super cute. I love how you write their dialogue. (: And gah, a cliffhanger! *speeds onto the next chapter*

    ReplyDelete