Saturday 6 July 2013

4.19 Confession


The twins had just headed off to their second day of school, and Kaity was clearing the table, still feeling upset that her babies were so big now.

"Kaity, what the hell?!" A newspaper slammed onto the table, causing Kaity to drop the plate she was clearing in surprise. She'd not even realised Shaena was up, and yet here she was screaming in her ear.
"What? What have I done now?" She asked, resigned.
"This!" She tapped a picture on the front page of the tabloid. It was of her and Leighton in the club the day before.
"Oh, that..."

"'Oh, that'?!" Shaena shouted back, picking the paper up and slamming it down again. "Is that all you can say? 'Oh, that'?!"
"There's nothing else to say. Nothing happened."
"This doesn't look like nothing!"
"We're talking in that picture. A picture tells a thousand words, remember? I'm sure the journalist-"
"Kaity. I know you." Shaena glared, making Kaity suddenly a little apprehensive. She'd never been scared or worried or nervous about what her best friend would do.

"How could you do this to Winter?"
"I don't need to hear this!" Kaity screamed her reply as she clamped her hands over her ears. "I didn't do anything to Winter. Winter left me, not the other way around. And me and Lei-"
"Kaity, how can you be so stupid? The man clearly loves you, he's coming back."
"He's not."
"What is wrong with you?! Why can't you see? Why can't you trust him?" There was no reply, and a few moments passed as Shaena thought over her next words. "You love him too, don't you. You love him but you're too scared to admit that to anyone, including yourself, because then you'll seem like a normal person. You're so used to being the odd one out, the freak, that you can't handle the thought of opening up to anyone and proving to them that you're a sim. You're a sim just like the rest of us, and you make mistakes, you fall in love, you cry, you feel pain..." She paused a second, wondering whether to say anymore, Kaity's hands were loosening the grip on her head and she was starting to well up. "And you sleep around because you love the attention and the drama."

That last line hurt, and she wasn't sure what to reply.
"I'm right, aren't I?"
"No." She refused. "No, you couldn't be more wrong. I hate the attention, I'd do anything to be normal."

"But I choose not to delude myself into thinking someone would love me. Look what happened to you. You convinced yourself that he loved you, and now our best friend is dead."
"Kaity-"
"This is your fault, Shaena. You know it too. If you hadn't started seeing him, this would never have happened."
"How dare you?! If you hadn't told me that we'd live happily ever after and he'd treat me like a princess, I'd have never taken it any further than it was when I was a teenager. This is as much your fault as it is mine!"
"You know my visions aren't-"
"How could you get it so wrong?! Surely you'd learn what will and won't come true? You've had this gift all your life, and you still can't control it." A silence took over the room. Both girls panting, out of breath from the screaming match, neither knowing what to say. The sound of a baby gurgling filled the room through the baby monitor in the kitchen.

Kaity broke down in tears.
"What are we doing, Shae?"

"Look at us, what happened?" Both girls dabbed at the tears in their eyes, looking at the other.
"I didn't mean a word I said, Kaity. I'm so sorry."
"I didn't mean anything I said, either. I wish I could take it all back."
"We both regret it, lets just forget about it." Kaity nodded her response before pulling her cousin into a tight hug.

"We didn't do anything, Shae." Kaity whispered.
"What?"
"Me and Leighton. We kissed, we both wanted more, but I couldn't do it. I felt guilty and sick and I couldn't stop thinking about Winter and what he would do if he found out."

Shaena smiled, relieved and strangely proud.
"You should tell him, Kaity. You don't want him finding out through the press and not knowing the truth."
"There's no point, he's-"
"Kaity. Look at me." Shaena pulled out of the hug and held Kaity by the shoulders. "He's coming back. Ring him now and tell him about Leighton, and tell him you love him."
"No." Kaity shook her head. She refused to believe any of this. "If he comes back, I'll tell him about Leighton." Shaena sighed, and decided she'd leave it there.

_____

6 days later...

  Kaity couldn't help but beam as she watched the cab pull up. She'd been hovering around the windows and door all day, and as the sun started to set she'd decided she was right and he wasn't coming back. She gave him a shy wave as he stepped out the car door, and watched as he took his bags and paid the driver. He made his way towards the doorway where she was standing, but unable to wait anymore, she ran down the porch steps and threw herself into his arms.

"I can't believe you're back!"
"I told you I'd be back. Do you trust me now?" Kaity felt the guilt creep back up, turning her stomach and making her heart pound. She couldn't answer that. Not now, this was too perfect right now.

 So instead of replying, she wrapped a leg around his, and pulled him closer for a kiss. She'd tell him, like she'd said she would, but she wanted this happiness for a few more moments.

She led him inside and into the empty living room.

 Winter sat open-mouthed as he listened to her explain. Kaity didn't know if he was looking at her or not, as she spent much of her explaination avoiding his face. She couldn't bear to see the hurt that must've been etched among his strong features.

He let her tell the whole story. From the emptiness she'd felt when the girls had gone to school, the realisation she was alone; and really, truly a young single mother. The thought processes that led her to the club, and Leighton. To the dancing, the game, and the kiss. She even told him what could have been, what she'd wanted, but made sure he knew why she couldn't do it.

"Winter? Please say something?" The room had been quiet for the longest minute of her life. She finally got the courage to look him in the eye, but he turned away. She watched his hand move to hers, and her heart skipped a beat when she thought he'd forgiven her already, but instead she watched him push her hand from his thigh as he sat in silence.

She moved her hand to join the other on her knee, and waited for him to speak. He ran his hand through his hair before standing.

"Winter?" She reached for his hand as he took a step away. "Please talk to me! I'll do anything!"
"I need a minute." Winter sighed, jerking his hand from her grasp and leaving the room.

Kaity thought she was going to puke. Her heart was racing and she felt as if she couldn't catch breath. She waited a minute, and another, before heading to the doorway.

His bags were still in the kitchen, so he must've been in the house. He didn't have much, and although he'd had no time to explain, Kaity assumed everything else was following in a lorry to his new apartment.
He must be staying here tonight. She thought to herself as she climbed the stairs.

He wasn't in her bedroom, so the next logical step was down the hall to Autumn's room.

"Winter?" She asked, as she stepped into the room and lightly closed the door behind her. He was standing over Autumn's crib, just watching him sleep.

He stood straight, sighed again and rubbed his forehead with his hand. Kaity couldn't look again, and tried to find something outside the window to focus on.
"I said to give me time."
"You said a minute, and I waited two..." Kaity trailed off as she realised how stupid that was.

He turned halfway to her as he said: "I didn't mean literally."
"I know, I realise now. Sorry. I'm so sorry, really. Please forgive me." She begged.

Winter stayed quiet, watching Autumn stir a little in the crib.
"Winter? Please talk to me?" A sob escaped before she even realised she was crying, and Winter turned fully to her and looked her in the eye for the first time since she'd bought him inside.

"I have nothing to say." He said, his voice cold as his skin and emotionless.
"Please, I need to know that it will be ok."
"I can't tell you." He shrugged, his voice cracking the slightest bit. His stare broke her heart, and she fell to her knees.

 "Please! Please, I didn't know, I didn't think you'd come back! I-"
"I told you I'd come back."
"I know, I'm sorry. I don't know what else I can do, but I'm begging you, please! Think of Autumn-"
"Kaity. That's low. Are you trying to blackmail me?" Kaity frantically shook her head no, and tried to speak but instead her words were swallowed in a loud sob. "I told you I'd come back. I promised. I promised you I wouldn't leave, I promised the twins I'd be there for them, too. I don't break my promises, and I think you need to learn that."
"Winter..." She whispered.
"Get up. You're not a child, I bet not even your four-year-old girls beg and cry like this."

Kaity stood shakily. She had no idea what to say. She'd said she was sorry, and it hadn't worked, he hadn't forgiven her. She didn't know where to put herself.

"What can I do?" Kaity asked. Winter shook his head.
"I told you. Give me time. You essentially cheated on me, Kaity. You can't expect me to just get over it within an hour. You need to give me time to work out whether what I feel for you is enough to get past this. I need to know I can trust you, and right now I can't."

Kaity rushed to him, and gently shook his shoulders.
"You can trust me! Didn't I prove that by telling you all this? You'd have never found out if I hadn't, surely that's enough?"
"It's not right now, Kaity." He looked away, not able to look his betrayer in the eye.
"What can I do to prove you can trust me?"
"Listen." Winter sighed, exasperated. "You can give me time to process what you've done. There is no way to prove I can trust you if I tell you to do it, you'll just have to be faithful and patient." He pulled away, and took Autumn out of the crib. He gave his full attention to his son, and Kaity quietly left the room. She wasn't sure what to think, what to do. He was still staying, despite her stupidity, but she wasn't sure things would ever be the same.




 
Shae and Kaity's scene was honestly about 9am. There was a storm raging outside that made it look more like 9pm *rolls eyes*

29 comments:

  1. Well, at least she 'fessed up! I thought the scene between Kaity and Shaena was great and I hope Kaity begins to see why she keeps going down the paths she does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she was very grown up about that, shame she acted like a toddler after...

      Thank you, yes, she needed to hear some of what Shaena said, it was very true (even if they said they didn't mean what they said, their words hold painful truths) and hopefully Kaity will have taken some of what her best friend said on board! She needs to change something to have Winter in the way she wants him.

      Delete
  2. I loved Shae & Kaity's fight. I mean, it was perfectly done and very real.
    And I'm glad that they did make up so quickly. I think Kaity did need to hear what Shae had to had say about her trust issues and why she does what she does.
    Kaity throwing blame at Shae wasn't really fair, but it was a very real response.

    And, Winter. I feel so bad for him. What a thing to come back to! And I think he's right, he does need some time now to think through this, and get to know the Kaity he didn't get to see in their hotel room. And Kaity also needs to see if she really can love one guy and stick with him.
    I do of course hope it works out for them. =D

    Great chapter, Gem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! (yes, I hope that's what you mean! A bit sadistic to want them to fight like that :p)
      They made up as best friends do. When I used to have best friends (before my sims addiction turned me into a recluse... LOL!) we often didn't even say sorry. We'd just walk away and then carry on like it never happened, but I thought I'd better have them make up.
      Yes, it wasn't fair at all, but you say things in anger you don't mean to say. We've all said things we regret in arguments.

      Me too! :( I'm sorry Winter!!! <3
      Yes, I think he realised how little he actually knows about Kaity. He knows her feelings towards him, because of the whole thing with her feelings seeping from her pores, but just feelings isn't enough. He barely knows anything about her personality, and the other way around. Kaity has a lot of thinking to do, she's never had a boyfriend, and she doesn't really know how to handle that. Hopefully she can work it out before it's too late.
      I hope so too! ;)

      Thank you! I was so worried on Thursday that I'd never get over the wording block I had. I had a start and end point, but I didn't know how to get there. I was so relieved on Friday when my fingers worked it out for me :)

      Delete
  3. That was really brave of Kaity to confess to Winter, but he's right he needs some time. Of course he'll be back if only to see Autumn.

    Hopefully he and Kaity can work it out too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was. It's for the best, too! Although she said he'd have never found out otherwise, if the paps ever cornered him, they'd probably ask him how he felt about the Kaity and Leighton thing, and that would be an awful way to find out!
      Yes, he's moved now, and he won't be leaving.

      I hope so too! Would be awful if they had to see each other constantly but never take it past friends!

      Delete
  4. They may have said at the end that they didn't mean them, but people say things they mean in screaming fits like that. Often they wish they didn't mean them, but they do. You don't say it, often, if you don't mean it - at least on some level. That's my opinion.

    Good for Kaity to have the balls to tell him. Now, she has to live with the consequences. Those consequences are probably less horrid since he didn't have to find out by reading the paper and making his own assumptions.

    I feel for Winter right now. He's betrayed by the one he loves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! That's my belief too! It's sad, but when your best friend is murdered (or anyone dies, actually), it's hardwired into our brains to find someone to blame. Unfortunately for Shae and Kait, they blame each other, rather than Alex-the-psycho who actually is to blame. Hopefully they won't mention it again, because they both feel bad for feeling how they do (does that make sense?).

      Yes, we can only hope. Although she told him he wouldn't have found out, he probably would have at some point. That would have just made the whole thing worse because not only would she have cheated, she'd have lied and hidden it too. At least it's out there before they got serious.

      Yes, it's awful for him. He's just given up his entire life for her (and Autumn) and then he finds out she can't even trust him enough to stop her 'loose' ways for one week (or, a few hours, actually!). It does sound like he might forgive her eventually, though, but as he said, she needs to prove herself to him now.

      It's in your hands, Kaity. Best behaviour, please! :)

      Delete
  5. Personally I'm glad Shae confronted her about it. Her words might have been hurtful but they were mostly true, and someone needed to say that to Kaity. I am glad that she told Winter herself though, and quickly, without trying to hide it. She also needs to try giving Winter a little space to process all this. He may come to realize her trust issues are what led her to her actions. And hopefully Kaity will understand that he's not going to leave his son, that he's not going to be out of her life. Hopefully they can rebuild their trust of each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It's very rare Shaena loses her temper, but she's had a lot of stress recently (Alex, Joshua, Bonnie) and that article was the final straw.
      Kaity needed to hear those things, and hopefully she's listened. To Shae and Winter, they both said things she should take on board and change about herself.

      Yes, that was surprisingly grown up of her, wasn't it? If she'd waited until they were more serious, or Winter found out another way, it could have blown up in her face in a big messy way.
      Oh, she gave him space, remember? Two whole minutes! LOL! I nearly died writing that bit in. I was like "Winter says he needs time, so why would Kaity run after him immediatly? Oh, maybe he says he needs a minute, and she takes it literally because she's an idiot (lets ignore the 'genius' trait, here...)"

      I think he's worked out she has trust issues, probably by the time he left for Bridgeport, but he has no idea why. Boy, I can't wait to write that one ;)
      Kaity is family oriented (that's a real trait, too), so she'd love nothing more than to marry Winter (those wishes depress me. She won't stop rolling them!) and raise her three kids with him in her perfect family mansion (it now has 6 bedrooms! :|). Unfortunately, my rolls dictate that Kaity can have nothing she wants until Autumn, Elise and Joshua are halfway through the teen stage, but there are ways around that.
      That was irrelevant.
      Yes, I hope Winter can trust Kaity again. I think she finally trusts him now, or she will when she realises he is actually staying for real.

      Our next hope should be that Winter can handle all Kaity's crazy and the awful stuff I've got planned for her. Stay strong, Winter! She'll need you...

      MUHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

      Delete
  6. Well, with Bonnie gone, it fell to Shae to give Kaity the hard truths, and even though she later apologized for her words, they should still bounce around in Kaity's head---so I hope she does a little self reflection. It's good for the soul! =)

    It was better that Winter found out straight from her, any other way and there wouldn't be as good of a chance of them working things out. Cheating is bad enough, but to lie about it and hide it? That's worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That used to be Bonnies job, although she and Bonnie never had screaming matches. I guess the stress those two have been under made it all come out in a way it shouldn't have.
      Lets hope Kaity did listen and responds! (Good for the soul, eh?)

      Exactly! What she did there was very grown up (and almost out of character, but Winter makes her want to change) and definately for the best. If he'd found out a few years down the line, he'd probably have had a bit more to say.
      Then again, a few years down the line he may have just ignored it, depending where they were in their relationship...

      Anyway, Winter knows now, and he knows that her admitting it was very responsible, so that will work in her favour. :)

      Delete
  7. Great chapter, very well written. :) Kaity better straighten up before she loses a good thing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      Yes, she should! Let's hope she works out what she's doing wrong before it's too late!

      Delete
  8. Shae and Kaity's scene, OMG, it made me cry. I think Shae hit the nail on the head with what she said about Kaity. Fear. That's all it boils down to her, her destructive actions. But of course, Kaity has to have the last word and not admit the truth. It hurt me to see them pass blame at each other for Bonnie's death, and I'm glad they worked it out though in the end.

    I think Winter took the news as well as can be expected in such situations, and Kaity would do well to give him time and let him process everything. She's in the wrong here, so she's in no position to push and beg for promises, and she has a lot of work to do to earn back his trust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you :) *hands tissue*
      Yes, I think Shae was spot on there, but yeah, Kaity wasn't going to admit that!
      It's a shame they said those things about Bonnie. They didn't really mean them, but as Brooke said: there is always a small amount of truth in things you say in anger.

      Yes, that could have gone very differently (see pose 4 in my new pose pack for a hint a what my original plan was...)
      Lets hope Kaity can give him enough time, and won't rush off and do something stupid again during this 'time'. Hopefully she's got the point that he does want to work things out eventually, but he's hurt right now and needs to think things through. They actually barely know each other. They didn't do a lot of talking at that conference, and then he stayed with her for two weeks but she was either in hospital or mourning. They need to learn some things about each other before they have a relationship. That way they can earn trust from each other and be strong and happy.

      Delete
  9. Kaity and Shaena's scene. Wow. Wonderfully done Gem! All the emotion of Bonnie's death and Winter leaving and coming back and Alex's treachery coming out at each other was so intense! And some of that really needed to be said to Kaity. Now hopefully she heard it.

    Oh poor Winter! I really hope he is able to accept Kaity's words, though I know how hard that might be. Especially with the trust issue that brings to the forefront. He knew Kaity for a few days at best, discovers she's had his child and is now moving to be with her only to find out she's also a bit of a loose.. Erm... ah... well that she's a bit loose. Though I also loved his reference to how she was acting like a child while she knelt on the floor begging and pleading. With any luck this will all open her eyes a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww :) Thank you! I do find doom, gloom and arguments a lot easier than lovey-dovey, and I'm glad people agree with me!
      Yes, Shaena finally said what we were all thinking, hopefully Kaity realises what she needs to change now.

      Yes, Winter has realised how little he really knows Kaity. They really do hardly know each other (I mean, think about it. How much do we even know about Winter? We know about as much as Kaity, as I've done this whole generation so far from her point of view. I'm going to steer some chapters more towards the kids as they get older, but Kaity has enough going on right now to fill chapters :p
      Yep, loose is the right word to describe her! And she was definately acting like a child. She acts like a child an awful lot, and I don't know if anyone knows why, but she will realise at somepoint and hopefully the reasoning behind it won't come as a massive shock to everyone (provided I've done my writing right!).
      I'm pretty sure her eyes have been opened, whether they're open enough is another matter. :)

      Delete
  10. Wow, just started reading your legacy, and just..Wow. Both scenes were so intense. I felt the same sting Kaity did when Shaena said what she did, ouch!

    Man oh man Kaity and Winter :( sigh, I'm hoping he forgives her but I still need to go back read previous chapters the fully understand whats going on here. Great update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Did you start here?! Uh... Weird! :p
      I suggest reading the summaries, and then catching up starting at gen 4. (Links are right at the top in the right side bar) I have too many chapters, and gen 1 is just embarassing... I don't know why I don't just delete it.

      Glad you enjoyed this chapter, even if you did have no idea what was going on ;) Pahahaaa! You really made my day, thanks! :)

      Delete
  11. Whew, I finally caught up with your legacy, and WOW! Kaity's kinda cray cray (though I still love her). I hope Winter can forgive her. :C

    I love the supernatural tilt in your legacy. I think it's great how you wrote in Lisa becoming a fairy (ages ago) and weather and all that. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Wow, thank you! I hope you'll enjoy the rest as much as you have to this point :)

      Yeah, Kaity is a little crazy :p I love her like that too. I like crazy people and ones with emotional problems. I hope Winter can forgive her too!

      Thank you, I wasn't planning any of that, so that just shows how much you can't plan anything with the sims :p
      We will finally name (some of) the seasons this generation! It's taken a while, but I got a bit stuck on how to do it.

      Delete
  12. I'm all caught up now. Yay! Winter...you poor thing. I hated that she did that to him, but I hope he can forgive her so they can move past it. Winter is obviously good for her, because she didn't take it any further with Leighton. Hopefully now Kaity can be good for him too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo! Well done! :)

      Yes, she was (probably still is to some extent) a total idiot. She need to learn to trust people, and hopefully Winter can be the one she learns to trust.

      Exactly! I hoped that would come across! Although they barely know each other, she feels a strong connection to Winter. She knows Leighton very well, he's one of her closest and oldest friends, but they've drifted apart a little since all the Shaena/Alex drama started, so that she couldn't do anything with him when she had so many times before speaks volumes (I couldn't write that into this chapter, I will do in a few chapters, but you get a spoiler)

      Delete
  13. All caught up! Wow, Kaity is really brave to tell Winter about cheating, and he took it pretty well, all things considered. I hope they can move past their mistakes and learn how to better themselves. Also, Shae and Kaity's argument was really interesting.. It was a great look into their characters. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo! :) Congratulations!

      Yes, she was brave. She's a brave person, and there really was no sense in hiding it, because he probably would have found out at some point.
      Yeah, he's not the kind of guy to make a lot of noise and storm out, I think that's obvious from this chapter. He is hurting badly inside, but he does care about Kaity, and wants to be around for his son (and the various other relative and non-relative children in the house) so I'm sure he'll at least try to make things work.

      Yes, they've been best friends pretty much their entire lives. They have no fear of telling each other what they think, and when they argue they really argue. They said some hurtful things, but they do love each other enough to look past those things, because there was a lot of truth in those words and they both know it.

      Delete
  14. I'm glad Shae was able to verbally smack some sense into Kaity. I also commend Kaity for telling Winter the truth before he found out through someone else. That could have been even more catastrophic than telling him herself, obviously.

    I really do hope that Kaity and Winter can work things out. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, someone needed to!
      She was brave to sit him down and tell him, but yes, the press are always lurking around and would undoubtedly say something that would tell him what happened. The wrong version of what happened, I assume, which would have been worse.

      I hope they can too. They've got a long way to go, but maybe if they start slow they'll get there.

      Delete
  15. Such a bad mistake she made. Even though she didn't go all the way with Leighton, Winter is right. She still cheated! If he never trusts her again she really blew it. She should have forced herself to trust him. She could have at least given Winter a chance by waiting two weeks to see if he would come back. Such an awful mistake!

    I hope they can overcome it, but she may have really messed things up between them.

    ReplyDelete