Monday 23 December 2013

4.37 Young




  Jaydean had been invited on a date with her crush, Alvaro Chin. She was almost certain this was Lucas' doing, as he was the only one who was friends with them both. In the end she'd decided she didn't care, and had agreed to go, forgiving Lucas. For now. They'd spent most of the afternoon in the pool, mucking about and people watching, giggling at the stories they came up with for some of the other people at the pool. Now the sun was starting to set, and the teens would have to head home for dinner very soon.

  "So, Jay." Alvaro began. "I had a really great day."
  "Me too." Jaydean smiled, glad that the feeling seemed to be mutual.
  "I was wondering if... If it's too soon, just say... Uhm..."
  "Al, what is it?" Jaydean giggled a little at his sudden inability to talk properly. He'd been fine all day.
  "Do you want to be official? You and me?" The grin that quickly spread across her face told him that was a yes, and he breathed a sigh of relief.
  "Yes!" She was glowing now, and he wasn't sure he'd ever seen anyone smile so wide.

 "But there's one condition, I'm afraid..." The smile faded quickly, and he took her hands gently to reassure her.
  "I'm sure whatever it is won't be so bad that I change my mind. I really like you, Jay."
  "My mum..." She faded out, closing her eyes and shaking her head. She clearly wasn't happy about what she was about to say. "My mum is paranoid. She had me and Soph at a young age, and she wants to check out every guy we date because of it. I'm sorry, but would you mind coming for dinner at my house to meet her?"
  "Sure, I can handle that."
  "No, Al... I don't think you understand. My mum... She's..." She paused while she tried to think of a way to describe her mother.
  "I know, Jay. I've seen the papers." He smiled at her, and her worries melted momentarily. "I'll come to dinner, I'll charm your mum, and then we'll be free to go on dates and stuff, right?"
  "Right." Jaydean agreed.
  "Now. Sorry to change the subject, but I shoved a towel in the pool vent, and there's a very angry looking lifeguard coming this way..."

He held her hand tight and pulled her towards an exit, both teens laughing so hard they could barely run, and the old life guard shouting after them, making everyone turn their heads to watch their grand exit. Alvaro stopped at the exit and pushed Jaydean against the wall, hiding them both from sight as the lifeguard ran out the other exit and down the street past them. Once he'd rounded the corner and the coast was clear, the teens fell about laughing again.
  "Why did you do that?" Jaydean asked, panting for breath.
  "Why not?" Alvaro shrugged, grinning. "I wanted to impress you, and I thought that might be one way to do it."
  "You don't need to do stupid stuff to impress me."
  "I'll let you in on a little secret, Jay. There's something in the male brain that makes us do stupid stuff to impress pretty girls, even though most pretty girls aren't impressed by stupid stuff. It's just the way we're made."
  "And what do pretty girls do to impress stupid boys, then?" She giggled, chewing her bottom lip.
  "Well, I dunno. You're a pretty girl, you tell me."

Jaydean reached out and pulled him close, before leaning in and kissing him. He was obviously as surprised as she was at her boldness as it took a few seconds for him to respond. When he did, his hand automatically went to the small of her back, his other hand stroking her arm, and his tongue stroking hers. The setting sun cast long, cold shadows, and a cool breeze sent shivers over her damp, naked skin. For those moments, she forgot about the rest of the world around her, the cars driving by on the busy street, the other swimmers in the pool, the crazy old lifeguard probably halfway across the town by now. For those moments, it was just him and her. It was perfect.

  "How was your date with Alvaro?" Sophie sang his name in an effort to embarass her sister.
  "Good." Jaydean smiled shyly as her sister raised an eyebrow.
  "What did you do?"
  "Just went for a swim."
  "Just a swim?" Sophie giggled as Jaydean blushed a little.

  "You luuuurve him!" Sophie sighed and batted her eyelashes, teasing.
  "Shuttup, Sophie! I do not!"
  "Oh yeah? Then why are you staring off into the distance and smiling so much?"
  "I am not!"
  "Are too!"
  "Am not!"
  "Are! And anyway, your lipgloss is smudged, and considering the perfect state of the rest of your makeup, you reapplied after you got changed and something -or someone- smudged your gloss."

  "Ok, so we kissed." Jaydean admitted.
  "I knew it! Giving it away on the first date? What would your mother say?" Sophie joked in return, smiling and clearly happy for her sister.
  "Well, he's already coming for dinner to meet the stupid parents, and he said he'd charm her. So she won't be saying a lot. Especially if he comes when Winter is here."
  "Do I sense a new plan?" Sophie grinned, eyes glinting michieviously.

***

   "You know? I think lime is my favourite snow-cone flavour. Thanks, Papi" Elise's grandad had bought her to the festival again. He'd suggested elsewhere, but she wanted a snow-cone, and this was the only place in town that sold them.
  "I thought grape was your favourite?" He chuckled, his little princess changed her mind faster than anyone he knew.
  "It was until I tried the lime." She slurped, spitting green ice-crystals out over the chess table.
  "Swallow first." He scolded. He'd never properly tell her off, she was all the family he had left besides his sister, Lisa, and she'd not been the same since her husband Jackson died a few decades ago.
  "Sorry Papi." Elise grinned, sticky lime juice around her mouth and dribbling down her chin. He handed her a napkin, and she cleaned herself up.

Jumping off the chair, she stood beside him and stared at the plasma fruit he held in his hand.
  "What does it taste like? Can I try a bit?"
  "Sorry, Ellie, you're too young. It would only make you sick. Besides, you'll get sick of the taste soon enough, I'd rather you enjoyed real food while you can." Cortez blamed himself for his granddaughters curse. He'd passed it down to Bonnie, and she'd passed it on to little Ellie. He knew it wasn't his own fault he was a vampire, that had been a freak occurance - something to do with the fallout of the science facility disaster.
  "Where do you get it from?"
  "If I told you that, you'd only go looking and make yourself ill. I'll show you when you're old enough." He smiled at her scowl as he took a bite. There was one good thing about this curse; it gave him a connection to his granddaughter that nobody could take away. Someone had to show her the ins and outs of vampirism, and he would get to be the one to do it, even if she didn't live with him.

  "Go eat one of those people." Elise demanded, gesturing to the small group of humans up on the lawned area.
  "No, Ellie. We don't drink from people unless it's a last resort."
  "Please! Just one time, just for me?"
  "No. You know I'll do almost anything for you, but I won't drink from an unwilling human just for your entertainment."
  "But how will I know how much blood to take when the time comes?"
  "There are people who sign up as training donors, we'll go meet with them." Elise looked like she still wanted to convince him, but she knew better and dropped it.

  "We'd better get you home, you have school tomorrow." Cortez stated after a short pause.
  "Ok, Papi. Thank you for my snow-cone." She reached up and squeezed her grandfather tight. She didn't really understand why her mother had left her in the care of her friends, but she assumed she hadn't planned on dying. Cortez had never been around for Bonnie when she was Elise's age, his relationship with Summer, her mother, had been difficult until their daughter's late teens, so being able to be there for his granddaughter meant the world to him, even if it was only a few hours a week.

***

  "Leighton? It's late, what do you want?" Kaity was moody. She was always moody come bedtime when Winter was away. She hated sleeping in bed alone, and having her best friends boyfriend call her wasn't what she wanted. "If you're calling for Shae, call her yourself."
  "Kait, I'm sorry." Leighton's voice was strained.
  "Sorry for what? What have you done to Shae? I warned you, you hurt my friend, I hurt you a hundred times worse."
  "No... Not Shae..." He sighed, clearly debating what to say. "I saw Jaydean and... Who was that boy?"
  "Alvaro Chin."
  "Yeah- wait? Chin?"
  "Yes, as in that Chin. Spill it, llama."
  "Sorry. Yes, I saw Jaydean and Alvaro... The paparazzi were all over me... They saw them too. I tried to divert attention so Jay-dee didn't have to go through that.. I just said the first thing that came to my head-"
  "And what was that?!" Kaity was fuming, both at Leighton and Jaydean.
  "I told them I wasn't the father of the twins. I know you'd rather it was left to debate, but it just came out. I'm sorry... I know they'll come begging to you now, and I know Jaydean is in for a whole world of humiliation... I'm so sorry."
  "You can apologise all you want. It won't fix anything." Kaity growled before hanging up and throwing her phone onto the bed. How could he?! He had no right! She knew he had every right. He'd gone beyond the line of duty for her, letting the papers believe he was a deadbeat dad to her twins, and it was only fair that it was over for him now. And Jaydean? Jaydean should have known better. She'd watched the papers ruin her own life, and now she had to watch her daughter go through it all too? She just hoped that they just saw her talking or something.

  "I need you, Winter." She muttered to herself as she collapsed onto her bed. "Why do you have to work away?" She let a sob escape her as she reached for her phone. She just needed to hear his voice telling her it would all be ok.



Sorry, short, I know. There's an article to go with this to be posted in a couple days, then the drama picks up like craaaazy. Seriously, your head will be spinning. It's coming from everywhere. And I couldn't think of a title to this to save my life... soz :/

15 comments:

  1. Woooo all caught up! *Crowd cheering*

    And ohhh nooo Poor Kaity! :| I feel for her. Can't wait to see the article and the new drama that's about to spew.

    I wonder if the dinner with Alvaro Chin will go off like they planned Mommy dearest is psychic so maybe she will see right through all of that.

    I liked the interaction with Ellie and her Papi at the park but then she had me worried when she wanted him to bite the humans for her lol. Maybe thats just a natural vampire instinct to want to see that?

    Great Chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooo!! *pops oversize bottle of champagne,sprays crowd* That didn't take long!

      Yes, just as she thought it was all calming down... Sorry Kaity!! :|

      Yes, being psychic comes in useful when checking out potential sons-in-law ;) But, for all we know, Alvaro is a perfectly nice guy and we have no reason to worry. Except we know what Kaity's like...

      Haha! Yes, I think that's mainly down to her vampire instincts. She's just curious, she wants to know what exactly happens. She'll learn all that in time :)

      Thank you!! Sorry it was so short :|

      Delete
  2. haha Well, didn't she admit that she liked Alvaro, in front of Lucas? ::goes back to see:: Yep, sure did. hahaha. Psh. As if she would've said no. And now they're walking along hand in hand and making out at the public pool. I think she owes Sophie now :D How good of her, too, to remember that Kaity would insist on meeting him, and getting that out there right away. Bless him for being so confident that he can charm Kaity >_<

    Oooo. There some sizzle in that moment, for sure! Yes, it was perfect. I almost got sucked into their moment with them. Until you mentioned the lifeguard probably being halfway across town...then I burst out laughing, lol.

    Hehe, haven't seen 'lurve' in awhile. Jay's so pretty.

    Oops, got chocolate on my keyboard. I've been running back and forth between the kitchen, trying to get all this baking done, and the christmas card I still have yet to post. Anyyyyway. Keyboard is now unchocolated. Moving right along.

    Ah! I totally forgot he was Lisa's brother! But I remember the whole cousin conversation now. It's so nice to see that he's spending time with Elise. Even though Kaity's taken her in, and she and Shae no doubt care for her as their own, you kind of need that sense of belonging, of knowing where you came from. And with her being a vampire, too, she does need someone who can understand her. Lava in Fru's story had some problems like that.

    "Spill it, llama" loved that <3

    Hm, why does it bother Kaity so much that he let slip that he's not the dad? The paps speculate anyway. He was just doing the first thing that came to mind to protect Jay, which is out-and-out sweet as pie.

    Ah, and there's the timer for the last batch of cookies. On to the pies next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she did. But Lucas said it would be kept a secret. Obviously he must've realise Alvaro liked her back so ignored his promise ;) Haha, I don't think she thinks she owes Sophie, but I guess she does.
      See? They're not always naughty! She figured she may as well get the meeting out the way because it's gotta happen some time and Kaity has good reasons for it. And I hope Alvaro can charm Kaity! She can be quite a difficult person, and we just have to hope she's in a good mood.

      Haha, you know me! Gotta ruin those soppy moments ;) Glad that made you laugh, it did me.

      Hehe, they're in luuuuuurve :P
      She is so pretty! I have no idea why Sophie looks so awkward, but I'm almost certain she'll be beautiful as an adult so I'm not worried. All that's different is the tilt of the eyes and the width of the mouth.

      *looks at time* You were baking at 1am?! Crazy lady! Hope you got it all done?

      Yes, I figured everyone would have forgotton, as it was last mentioned in gen 2... :P So that was why I put that in there. He loves his princess Ellie, and you're right, knowing one biological family member should help her to feel more like she belongs. I'd forgot about Lava! :( Poor Lava, but yes, her story is pretty similar.

      Haha! Llama is a sim-insult, and as this is PG I couldn't put the word I wanted Kaity to call him, so llama worked ;)

      I think she liked that he was the one getting all those questions about the twins, now he's finally put himself out of the picture the focus is back over on her. We already know how much she hates being in the limelight, so being in it more is not something she wanted.
      And yes, that was really sweet of him. Being a few centuries old, he's been in the papers more than anyone and knows how it feels. He doesn't want Kaity's kids to go through it all too, especially from such a young age. Even though he's not their father, he's watched them grow up and wants to keep them innocent.

      Look at you, model housewife! Enjoy! :)

      Delete
  3. Jaydean's date was so cute, I loved the way Alvaro responded to her saying he'd have to meet her mum.

    It was nice to see Ellie with her granddad and I had forgotten that he was Lisa's brother, I remembered they were related, but not the details. I'm glad Ellie will have him to show her the ins and outs of vampirism and hopefully won't go off experimenting on her own when she's old enough.

    Bless Leighton for trying to protect Jaydean from the paps, even if he said something that Kaity would have preferred him not to. Then again, as she admitted at the end, he's allowed the press to think that he's their dad for years and there was no need for him to do so at any point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, Alvaro didn't seem phased by that at all! He may regret that later... haha!

      Wow, remembering they were related is far more than I expected, so well done! I struggle to remember legacy family trees, and never expect that people remember mine. I always attempt to remind people when old characters pop up.
      Yes, Elise will really need her grandfather there as she gets a little older, hopefully he can stop her from doing stupid things!

      Yes, Leighton really has proved to be an amazing friend to Kaity, and she needs to thank him for that. Leighton could have denied that the twins were his when the rumours were first born, but he didn't, and I think in a way he does see them as his responsibility, which is why he protected Jaydean like he did. Bless him, what a sweetie!

      Delete
  4. Jaydean and Alvaro were so cute on their date! That was really sweet.
    And Ellie and her grandpa, that was sweet, too.
    Poor Leighton, he has done so much for Kaity and her family, she shouldn't be so hard on him. He was only trying to help, and made a mistake. I'm glad that even behind her anger, she does know hpw much he's put himself out for her all this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      Yes, I wanted to show that Ellie does see her Papi a lot, I've mentioned it before, but I felt it wasn't enough as we'll need to see how close they are later.
      Yes, Kaity really does take him for granted! Hopefully she'll realise just how much he's done and at least tell him thank you. He's such a sweet guy and really beating himself up about it, I hope Kaity tells him not to worry!

      Delete
  5. Oh, the twins are finally growing up and becoming young women. If Jaydean has a boyfriend can Sophie be very far behind? And I don't envy Alvaro having to do a first meeting with Kaity. lol. I bet that won't be nearly as much fun as he thinks he can make it. Ha!

    And it was sweet to see Elise spend a little bit of time with her Papi. Isn't he Lisa's brother too? Hopefully he'll get to still be around when Elise is older.

    And Leighton really has gone above and beyond the call of duty in continuing to pretend that he just might be the twins father. I mean, 15 years of pretending has got to get old. Hopefully Kaity will apologize to him, and soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're growing up! *sniff* And no, Sophie isn't far behind! I was just playing with them the other day and **SPOILER** she met this guy, so maybe both girls can bring someone to this meet the mother meal at the same time? That would help the boyfriends and their nerves, for sure!

      Yes, strange, confusing family tree... Can't wait to move next gen because everyone is loosely related in this town!!
      Of course he'll still be around! He's got a few centuries in him yet! If it weren't for Alex, Bonnie would be around too.

      Yes, I think Kaity owes him a big hug, a thank you, a sorry and maybe the worlds largest bunch of flowers. He's done a lot for her and I think she's taken all that for granted up til now. Maybe having him around the house a little more if things get serious with Shae will help that?
      But really, it's Jaydean we need to feel bad for right now. She's now got to dodge paparazzi and hope Kaity can diffuse the situation... If I was her, I'd wait until Winter was back. He has a little more tact than Kaity with these things...

      Delete
  6. Alvaro seems nice. He and Jaydean had a cute date. I like that her kiss caught him by surprise! And Jaydean isn't too caught up in "lurve" to forget her mother, lol.

    It's nice to see Elise with her grandfather. I had forgotten that he is a Bunch, so Elise is distantly related to the Mattells. And Summer? Jackson's roommate Summer?

    The paparazzi were going to go after the kids eventually, unless Kaity locked them all up as hermits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Nope, she's obviously got a good head about her if she remembered that Kaity wanted to meet Alvaro. That would be the kind of thing I'd push to the back of my mind forever!

      Yes, this is very confusing now, let me try and explain...
      Summer as in Jacksons room mate, yes, who then had Bonnie (the murdered girl) with Jackson's brother-in-law, Cortez. So Elise is Taylor's (Kaity's mother) cousin, so she is Autumn's cousin twice removed, and Josh's second cousin twice removed.
      Has your brain fallen out yet? Mine has :| This is why I'm moving town next generation, they're all related!!

      Yes, exactly. I've started writing the next one and she has a great idea in hindsight that I'd not thought of, but really it's not her fault and her kids need to learn some avoidance tactics ;)

      Delete
  7. Can't think of a title? Put 'No Title' or 'Insert Title Here' or 'I can't think of a title!' hehe.

    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww (more 'w's ad nauseum)
    Jaydean is SO CUTE!
    I don't blame her one bit for not realizing the paps were on her like they were. She's not accustomed to having to watch out for them like her mother is.

    Elise is showing a bit more of a demanding side, hm? :)

    Poor Kaity. She misses Winter so much.
    I'm proud of Leighton coming clean the way he did. That took guts, knowing Kaity's temper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Good plan, I do that next time ;) Infact, that's three titles right there!

      Hehe, she is pretty cute. She's got her first crush, I remember those days felt clumsy and stupid, but I guess it might have looked cute on the outside.
      Yes, you're right. She's never had to think about the papers catching her before, and they were hidden from sight of most people.

      Yes, Elise has her Papi wrapped around her finger... Nearly ;)

      Haha, she'd hate you if she knew you thought that. You're right, but she'll never admit that ;)
      I'm proud of him too! He was trying to protect Jaydean more than anything, to divert attention from her and her first kiss. And then he went one extra and pre-warned Kaity about the papers! Hopefully Kaity can somehow prepare, but I'm not sure how...

      Delete
  8. I swear I left a comment when this came out. I guess Blogger ate it up.

    Anyway, I'll try again. Jaydean and Alvaro's date was so sweet,and Sophie tormenting her twin was just hilarious, gotta love siblings.

    Elise's outing with her Papi was cute, I think they both need that alone time to connect and bond.It's a good thing that her grandfather is a decent vampire who values human life, when Elise makes the transition she'll have a strong moral compass to guide her.

    ReplyDelete