Friday 3 May 2013

4:4 'Kaity-Waity'

Caution: References to violence

Kaity hung up the phone, agreeing with Celia that she'd attend the conferance. She took the twins to the shop, where Shaena was already working, and once she'd settled them with their toys, she turned to her friend.
"So, I just had an exciting phonecall."
"Oh yeah?" Shaena replied, concentrating more on her work than what Kaity was saying.

"Yeah." Kaity continued. "It was from a lady called Celia Goth, from Starlight Shores." That got Shaena's attention.
"The Celia Goth? As in, heiress of the Goth family fortune?"
"Yup." Kaity beamed, glad Shaena was paying her full attention now. "She was inviting me to a psychic conferance in two weeks time."
"That's a bit short notice, isn't it?"
"Yeah, someone else dropped out, so they have a spare room. Apparently, if I hadn't been in the papers for that fight the other day, they wouldn't even have heard of me. Funny how everyone can know who you are in one place, but just a short plane journey away nobody knows you."

"So, you're going?" Shaena turned her focus to something out the window, probably the mailman.
"Of course!"
"And you want me to babysit." She stated, she knew this was coming.
"Well, yeah, since you offered..."

"Well, for one thing, I didn't offer. I just said what you were about to say."
"But you wouldn't have said it if you weren't ok with it."
"Well, of course I'm ok with it, you're my best friend, I'm just worried you're going to add some stupid terms to the babysitting thing after I've agreed."

"Well..." Kaity held her hands behind her back, and keeping her feet steady, spun left to right and back again, like a little girl begging her mother for something.
"I knew it." Shaena sighed. "What?"
"You can babysit the twins, of course, they love you. But you have to stay here because all their stuff is here."
"That's fine." Shaena said, surprised at how reasonable she was being.
"But..." Shaena rolled her eyes, wondering what was coming now. "Alex isn't allowed in the house, or even near my baby girls."

Shaena sighed and held her head in her hands.
"Why?" She asked, a hint of anger in her voice.
"Shae, he threw a plate at your head, I'm not having that violent scumbag anywhere near my kids."
"That's completely irrelevant! I wound him up, he's not going to do anything to hurt a two year old!"

 "It's not irrelevant. It's very relevant. If he'd hurt the so-called love of his life over something someone else did, why would he not hurt my children? Especially as I'm the one he hurt you over."
"Just stop, Kaity. He apologised, I got over it, why can't you?"
"I refuse to 'get over' your llama-headed boyfriend throwing a plate at you. You should have called the police, it's disgusting." Kaity glared as Shaena squirmed.

Shaena said nothing, and Kaity sat herself down.
"So you're not going to babysit?" Silence. "You know you don't have to, and the only reason I'm stopping Alex from staying here with you is because I don't want him to do anything while I'm hours away in Starlight Shores."
"I know."
"So... What's the plan? I'm going to Rose's later, so I can ask her if you won't do it."

Shaena sighed, and lifted her head onto one hand.
"I'll do it."

____

 Shaena agreed to go with Kaity and the twins the Belcher household, as Alex would be working late, and Myles met them outside.

The sisters greeted each other with a hug.
"How are you, Rosie-Posie?"
"I'm ok, Kaity-Waity. How are you and the girls?"
"We're all good, thanks, how's Lucas?"

The girls looked to Lucas, who reponded to his name with a giggle and squeak.
"Yeah, he's fine too. Anything to report?"
"Yes, actually." Kaity grinned. "I'm going to a psychic conferance in two weeks! All the way in Starlight Shores!"

Shaena watched as the Kaity told Rose the conferance story, and contemplated going next door to visit her brother. Sophie started crying behind her, Jaydean had hit her for whatever reason.
"Shae, do you mind?" Kaity asked, pleading almost. Shaena nodded and tried to calm the child.

"Hey, I have some crazy news for you!" Rose announced once Kaity had finished telling her about her trip.
"Oh yeah?"
"You know Mum and Bebe were all happy, and thinking about buying a house?"
"Yeah...?" Kaity had literally no idea where this was going.
"Well, Jake rang earlier, and he said that Christy said-"
"Is he seeing Christy yet? Or are they still 'just friends'?" Kaity interrupted.
"Kait, shush, this is major. So, anyway, Jake said that Christy said Shavon came home in the early hours of the morning a few nights ago, and Jake also said that he could have swore he saw Shavon round his that same night. So, you know?" Kaity didn't know. She wasn't even sure she knew what Rose had just said.

"Hang on, what? Let me try and work this out. So, according to this rumour mill you seem to be in on without me, Shavon spent the night with Jake, but he didn't remember?" This was more confusing now she'd tried to work it out.
"What? No! That's not what I said!"
"I'm almost certain it is."
"No! Jake didn't spend the night with Shavon. Who does Jake live with?"
"Only Mum, but- What?!" Kaity couldn't believe this, but couldn't see any reason for her brother to lie about their mothers sex life.

"I know, crazy, right?"
"Rose, this is more than crazy. Shavon Russo? As in, your best friend since childhood, only a year older than us, that Shavon?"
"Yep."
"What did Shavon say?"
"I haven't spoken to her. It's too weird. What do I say?"

The girls continued gossiping and talking about their lives for an hour or so, until Lucas' screaming broke their conversation.

"Rose, I think Lucas needs changing." Shaena stated, scooping him off the floor.
"Ah, ok. It's probably about bed time, isn't it?" She cooed, pinching Lucas' cheek.
Kaity looked at her own children. Jaydean was wide awake as usual, playing with her feet as there seemed to be no toys around, while Sophie was struggling to keep her eyes open.
"I think we'd better go. I'll ring you tomorrow and you can tell me what Shavon said?" Kaity suggested to her sister, and Rose nodded her reply.

_____

"I'm going home now, then." Shaena yawned. The twins had been put to bed, and it was getting late. Alex would be home soon.
"Ok." Was all Kaity could say without launching into another debate.
"I'll see you tomorrow?"
"Yeah, sure. Will you ring me?" Kaity was worried, but tried not to show it.
"Why?"

"Just so I know you're ok. Ring me when you wake up, yeah?"
"I can do."
"And if anything, and I mean anything happens, you come straight over here. You've got a spare key, right?" Shaena rolled her eyes.
"Yes, Kaity."
"Good."

Kaity pulled Shaena into a tight hug, before letting her walk out the door into the night.






Ok, so I dunno if anyone remembers Shavon and Christy Russo? Shavon is really fat, and Christy is the girl Jake pulled all on his lonesome in Kaity's explaination about how she wound up pregnant. Shavon is a couple of days older than the triplets, and I hope Taylor realises that she's given up a relationship that could have lasted centuries, for what to her will feel like a fling. Crazy woman. Plus, what would you do if your mother started dating your best friend?! Ew.
Anyway, I said in my notes last chapter that I wasn't sure how I'd write it in, so I wrote a long, boring gossip section. But, you got to meet Lucas. (He grew up with girl-hair. See 'behind the scenes' for pic.)

19 comments:

  1. Alright. I totally don't blame Kaity for not wanting Alex around her kids. Maybe one day Shae will get that too.

    Though I thought it was a bit mean of Kaity to order Shaena to take care of her own kids like that. You can still gossip and soothe your children. And in a weird way it felt like watching Madi watching Taylors kids all over again. And I know Kaity didn't mean it that way, but still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, it is TOTALLY different from Taylor and Madi. Madi *wanted* to watch the triplets, and only did so because Taylor had a job. Taylor would have loved to stay home with her kids, but they needed the money.
      Kaity, on the other hand, while she adores her twins, and does enjoy looking after them, she also loves her social life. Hence why she keeps dropping them off with people while she goes out drinking. Because she had them so young, she felt she was cheated out of having a 'normal life'. Her best friends, Bonnie and Shaena, are free to stay out as late as they want, and can come and go as they please, while Kaity feels a little trapped by the twins and sometimes wishes they weren't there.

      I don't know if I'm explaining it right. She *does* love them, she'd do anything for them, but if there's someone else there to look after them, she'll pawn them off to give herself a break.
      Well done or picking up on that! I wasn't sure if it came across.

      And, yes, I wouldn't want Alex around my kids either. I know 'wife-beaters' most often don't hit children, especially someone else's kids, but there's always that small doubt in the back of your mind. And she doesn't want to risk it.
      That, and she meant it when she said she didn't want him to do anything to Shae while she was away. She's promised to protect Shaena, and would blame herself if anything happened while she wasn't there.
      Phew!

      (Also, Shaena is a total submissive doormat right now, and will mostly do as she's told by Alex and Kaity.)

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I wouldn't want my kids around Alex either, so I don't blame Kaity in that.

    Maybe their mother is having a belated midlife crisis? lol

    Lucas is cute!, I love his Pluto t shirt. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Taylor must be about halfway through her YA stage (crazy long fairy lifespan. I'm hoping to breed that out this gen, but the fairy gene seems to be strong) so it'd be an early midlife crisis :p But, yeah, maybe she just wanted a change.

      He is cute :) He got the best of both of his parents. He's nowhere near as gorgeous as my twin girls, and I wish I could use one of them as heir. But as I said, I don't want fairies anymore.
      I love that shirt too. There's also a Minne and Mickey one (together), and one more, but I forget. I actually forgot it was CC I've had it so long ;)

      Delete
  3. I still love how well you've decorated the shop. So is Shae back with Alex now, I take it? Shame. Kaity's feelings about Alex aside, she's still very much in the right for not wanting him around her kids after the plate-throwing incident. Shae blames herself for 'winding him up', which is silly, but she could easily wind him up again around Kaity's kids. Not only could they get hurt, but it would be rather traumatic for them if they witnessed him throwing another plate. Especially if Shae didn't duck fast enough.

    Rosie Posie and Kaity Waity, lol. That's so cute.

    Wow Tay! Likes 'em young, does she?

    Lucas grew up with girl hair? That randomly happened to Jake Riverhaven too! Weird, I wonder why that happens.

    Great chapter =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think the pictures look really different taken in there, if that makes sense? Probably not. :p
      Yes, exactly. If they had to witness Shaena being attacked, it would be just as bad as Alex hurting them himself.
      But, I wouldn't want to be Alex when Kaity found out he'd done something like that near her kids.

      LOL! That was just me being silly when writing this. I wonder if I can get a different nickname for Kaity each chapter from now on? Probably not. Crazy Kaity is still my favourite.

      LOL! Apparently so. Shavon is pretty, but it's still creepy.

      Geoff grew up with girl hair too. I have no idea why it happens, it's annoying. Especially if you don't realise and keep the character in with the girl hair for ages, until you go to change his outfit to a hospital gown, and the hair changes itself and you can't get it back.
      Yep. That happened.

      Thank you :) It was more filler than anything, I need to get this set finished for the next chapter, or parts of it at least. Wish me luck. Queen of procrastination (I had actual brain failure then, and wrote 'queen of masturbation'. O.O What the hell?!) here.

      Delete
    2. LMFAO! Freudian slip, maybe :P

      Can't wait to see the convention!

      Delete
    3. O.O

      I'm working on it! Lol, sorry, you'll have to wait, but I am going in game NOW to try and finish the set and dressing sims.

      Delete
  4. I don't blame Kaity for not wanting Alex round her kids, I wouldn't trust him not to hurt them if he got mad and even if he didn't attempt to hurt them, if he throws stuff there's no telling where it might hit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. If he's got a short enough temper, he could snap at any moment and throw something. What if it was something heavier than a plate?

      Delete
  5. I also don't blame Kaity for not wanting Alex around her kids.
    Even if he never touched the kids themselves, it's not good for kids to witness the kind of abuse a guy like that can dish out to his wife.
    But I worry that over controlling Alex isn't going to take Shae being at Kaity's to take care of the kids for a few days very well, and do something crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily for Shae, she's not married him (he's not even proposed. Dick.) yet, so she can leave easily. Well, as easily as he'll let her.
      I wondered if anyone would notice that! Yes, I can't see Shae explaining that one going well. Hopefully he won't do anything too crazy.
      Shaena is too pretty, and I feel bad :'(

      Delete
  6. Ugh, girl hair. I hate girl hair on most guys. Come to think of it, I've never seen it work. Not that I don't like long hair on guys... but that's not a guy haircut. Sorry, EA.

    That was funny/cute how Kaity asked Shae if she'd babysit.
    I don't blame her one little bit about not wanting that man near her babies.
    I'd hoped to see some convention pics, but I guess I'll have to wait. Irritating waiting for a big party that everyone's talking about that hasn't happened yet. (teehee)

    I looked, but I haven't seen Quackers yet. I think he breaks the camera sometimes.

    Uuuhhh, I'm glad I wasn't the only one completely and hopelessly lost on Rose's 'explanation' of what happened with their mother and that girl. I still don't quite get it, but I guess that's how it's supposed to be.

    And NOW my heart is racing in fear for Shae...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I'd assume it's a glitch, as you can't actually select that hair once in CAS/stylist, butstill annoying.

      I don't even want Alex in my town anymore. And the terrifying thing is, my game cloned him and his sister... At the club, it was actually his clone, but I didn't realise til I went to make Shae hug/kiss him... :|
      Anyway, I've not even finished building the convention set yet :| I've done two of the 4 rooms I need for next chapter, so I'll hopefully get the other two done finished tonight so I can get the pics done tomorrow and chapter up midweek on schedule (my inside-head schedule) and possible get April shot too. I've had a chapter written since I posted the last one (nearly a month ago. Oops.) but just been to absorbed by this and life.

      Quackers is on the 'behind the scenes gen 4' page. He didn't make the cut because I realised I hate the picture he's in. Other than him, of course :p

      LOL! It made sense to her, at least. I wasn't sure I understood, and I wrote it!
      I don't get it either. Basically, I set Taylor up with Bebe, a nice fairy she could live forever with, and when I move her out, she immediately dumps her ass and starts up dating her daughters best friend :| I don't even have NRaas SP installed, this is all EA.

      Oh, I'm sorry! I don't know what to give you for your heart, sorry! :p

      Delete
  7. Sigh. Oh, Shae. You're making me so grumpy. I hope nothing terrible happens while Kaity is away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to make you grumpy! Hope I can cheer you up with the next one (when I finish writing it...)

      Delete
  8. Kaity was totally reasonable not wanting Alex around her kids. Shaena just doesn't get it I guess. I hope nothing bad happens while Kaity is away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that Shaena really things hard about whether it's wise to keep someone as unpredictable as Alex in he life. That plate throwing incident was very serious! Kaity was right to tell her not to bring him around her children. It didn't bother him trying to hurt the "love of his life." I'm wondering now if Shaena is really that to him. What was he doing at that club when he said he was working!

    Lucas is such a cutie too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh, I'm glad Shae agreed to babysit the twins without Alex coming there. But I wonder if Kaity controlling her will be better for her? I think she has to make her own decision.

    ReplyDelete